The online racing simulator
Quote from AndreABG :button did a great drive in the last laps and therefore he deserved the win somehow
but to be honest, 80% of the race he did not the smartest things and its only due to enough people stuffing their cars in the wall to get some nice SC that he won^^

Well, that race was so much action packed that you could pretty much bother everyone in the leading pack, with investigation over incidents and stuff.

Vettel for slowing down on the straight before the SC line, while Schumacher was alongside him. Schumacher for his nice piece on waiving on Button early in the race. Webber for his nice piece of recovery while cutting the chicane.

Now we probably already saw enough marshalling controversy for the whole season today. So better leave it as it, me thinks.

Quote from lizardfolk :For F1 rejects both Luizzi and Karthikeyan are doing very well in HRT imho. It's nice to see the two not fail in F1 for once

I kinda am an HRT fan since everyone hates them, but TBH both Liuzzi and Karthikeyan showed pretty much poor racecraft so far this season. About sheer performance, you can hardly compare them to the rest of the field considering how much of a dog this HRT is. You can hardly compare them together too, I mean, HRT has enough trouble lining up two working cars at every single GP, so who knows if they can actually manage to give more or less equal cars to their both drivers.
Like I said. As soon as Hamilton is involved in something, the board bursts into flames.

Meanwhile, if Button is involved in some incident, everyone ignores it.
Quote from Dygear :The difference was intent. Schumacher knew that Rubens was there, and forced him to the wall. Button did not see Lewis and this was the result. They are similar, but not the same.

There doesn't have to be intent... driver ignorance is not an excuse.
Quote from Intrepid :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MTtudbPVQ8

...had Ruben's ended up in the wall that would've been his fault too? Nonsense.

Steward consistency or is Button allowed a free-pass to take out two cars? The Alonso one was his fault... but that's not how it works anymore

Watch the MSC/BAR video and the HAM/BUT incident and you'll see no similarities at all other than cars.

You should understand wet racing more than most on here...
Quote from tristancliffe :Watch the MSC/BAR video and the HAM/BUT incident and you'll see no similarities at all other than cars.

You should understand wet racing more than most on here...

I don't think Hamilton should have been done in Monaco nor do I think Button should now.

HOWEVER, the precedent has been set. Last time I checked the written rules of racing don't change if it's wet. If Button doesn't get a time penalty then there is, once again, clear steward inconsistency.

Had Hamilton, even Alonso, done that to Button I can imagine an immediate penalty.
Quote from 'GreyBull [CHA :

I kinda am an HRT fan since everyone hates them, but TBH both Liuzzi and Karthikeyan showed pretty much poor racecraft so far this season. About sheer performance, you can hardly compare them to the rest of the field considering how much of a dog this HRT is. You can hardly compare them together too, I mean, HRT has enough trouble lining up two working cars at every single GP, so who knows if they can actually manage to give more or less equal cars to their both drivers.

Not quite sure what ur getting at Yann.

You said both Luizzi and Karthikeyan has shown "poor racecraft" this season then you say that how crappy the HRT cars are... so are you blaming the two driver's racecraft on themselves or their car?
Quote from DevilDare :Like I said. As soon as Hamilton is involved in something, the board bursts into flames.

Meanwhile, if Button is involved in some incident, everyone ignores it.

The difference is between Hamilton crashing into people and Button being crashed into.
I don't understand how people can blame Button for the Button-Alonso collision. The one with Hamilton, maybe. But Button was alongside Alonso as they entered the braking zone for the chicane. Button was always going to be there when the enter the chicane. Alonso just turned in onto Button and hope Button has magically disappeared.
He did a Hamilton on Alonso and a Schumacher on Hamilton. But he's Button 'coz it'd be wrong for him to lose the win' he won't get penalised.

Sorry precedents HAVE been set. If he doesn't get a penalty then Hamilton was right last time at Monaco... the stewarding is a joke.
Quote from lizardfolk :Not quite sure what ur getting at Yann.

You said both Luizzi and Karthikeyan has shown "poor racecraft" this season then you say that how crappy the HRT cars are... so are you blaming the two driver's racecraft on themselves or their car?

Sorry for being slightly confusing. By "racecraft" I wasn't refeering to their ability to lap fast and consistantly. I was more refeering to their problems to deal decently enough in traffic-filled situations(for example under blue flags)
Quote from Intrepid :He did a Hamilton on Alonso and a Schumacher on Hamilton. But he's Button 'coz it'd be wrong for him to lose the win' he won't get penalised.

Sorry precedents HAVE been set. If he doesn't get a penalty then Hamilton was right last time at Monaco... the stewarding is a joke.

I am not sure if we were actually watching the same race. Button didn't DIVE down the inside like Hamilton did in Monaco. He was alongside Alonso the whole time. Anyone who knows anything about racing would know you can't just turn into such a tight chicane when there is a car on the inside.
Wonder what was the reason for koba checking up heidfeld there. Ended heidfeld's race and if it was intentional it was pretty stupid too. Maybe he did a heikki and accidentally turned on his pit limiter for a sec...
But Alonso hung onto the outside, he didn't just cut across him, he was following the line of the kerb and Jenson had his nose aimed at him.
of course I don't think Button should get done for the Alonso incident... but I've seen much much less penalised. The Hamilton one he's probably in trouble for.

had Button not wopn the race would he been handed penalties... yes without a doubt. Now he's won... suddenly it's a different ball game.
I'm not sure which, if any of the incidents should receive a penalty.

Button vs Hamilton did not look deliberate, there was no clear overlap, kept his line, no complaint to the stewards, and will probably be dismissed as a racing incident in adverse conditions.

Button vs Alonso, is a little more grey. Button had a good overlap and the inside line. Alonso turned in, but it's hard to tell from the videos if he had room to allow Button alongside.

Hamilton got treated harshly for a couple of risky moves, but this was also after crossing the stewards already this season so was on notice to behave. What were borderline calls fell against him. Button has kept his nose clean this season, and didn't show intent to take Alonso out imo. Another racing incident methinks.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Interresting how the FOM "forgot" to provide replays on that one:rolleyes: Guess having it once on the stream was embarrassing enough.

The guy looked more like a communicator/observer within the marshalling team, obviously ran too fast and then shat himself when trying to get back up. Strange they didn't have brooms, and probably should've waited an extra lap before going out on the track as it was tight with the Sauber.

But with the team mate crashing issue, the precedent was set last year with Vettel taking out Webber, can't be changing their tune now.
Quote from Hyperactive :Wonder what was the reason for koba checking up heidfeld there. Ended heidfeld's race and if it was intentional it was pretty stupid too. Maybe he did a heikki and accidentally turned on his pit limiter for a sec...

koba had 2 wheels on the wet when on dry tyres
You can't say Alonso didn't leave enough space, though.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :But Alonso hung onto the outside, he didn't just cut across him, he was following the line of the kerb and Jenson had his nose aimed at him.

It is just impossible for both cars to make it through that corner at that speed and angle. Button was following the inside line as well. The only alternative Button had was to magically disappeared.

I am not saying it was anyone's fault. I am just saying it was a racing accident. Alonso could have avoided the accident if he didn't turn into Button, but Alonso chose to take the risk and ended his race.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG