The online racing simulator
Quote from (SaM) :Well it's official gentlemen; she and I are moving in together tomorrow!

I've been postponing it for a while but now I feel there is nothing that makes me happier than to share a living together. It's very practical too, I'm starting my own company working from home which I can do anywhere with my PC, a phone and internet. It's making me feel more excited than ever but in the back of my head I know we'll do well. Nothing is guaranteed to work out and it's going to take many compromises, but you'll never be happy if you stand still in fear of the next step forward.

Nice! Good luck to the both of you
Quote from (SaM) :Well it's official gentlemen; she and I are moving in together tomorrow!

I've been postponing it for a while but now I feel there is nothing that makes me happier than to share a living together. It's very practical too, I'm starting my own company working from home which I can do anywhere with my PC, a phone and internet. It's making me feel more excited than ever but in the back of my head I know we'll do well. Nothing is guaranteed to work out and it's going to take many compromises, but you'll never be happy if you stand still in fear of the next step forward.

I'll warn you though, you probably are already fully aware that moving in and living together it's as 'rosey in the garden' as it may seem at first. Your bad habits she will discover, and you will discover hers, everything you do may come under critisism. You'll find yourselves breathing down each others necks in the beginning. Living with someone no matter WHO they are can become annoying and tiresome at times, only when you live with somebody can you tell and understand who they really are. Only after a year or so will things settle down to a point where you know whats what but I sincerely wish you the best of luck.
Finally some actually decent advice.
just keep her chain short and you'll be fine.
Quote from dadge :just keep her chain short and you'll be fine.

Hahaha, you gotta make sure SHE's not the one with YOU on a chain!
Quote from dadge :just keep her chain short and you'll be fine.

Need to make the chain long enough so she can get round the whole kitchen, though.
Quote from Seb66 :Need to make the chain long enough so she can get round the whole kitchen, though.

or make a smaller kitchen. i've always wanted a hot tub beside the fridge.
Remember 2 rules of relationships.

First rule women will never budge on. "What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine!" They will live forever with you by that rule at all times.

Second, every man meets the woman of his dream and hitches up with her wanting her never to change. She will change. Every woman meets the man of her dreams and hitches up with him with the intent to change him. He will change, like putty in her hands molded to what she wants.

These are set in stone. They happen every time.
Only if you're dumb enough to marry them.

I decided in my early 20s I wasn't going to marry anyone. I'm 36 now and still haven't married anyone. I've been with the same girl for 10 years now and we are still very happy with the situation, but no kids and no marriage so no awkward dependancies and no pressure from either side.

We both work, so we're both self-supportive. If either of us decide the other no longer fits the bill we can - and would - move on.

I think the problems start when you decide to make the typical societal family unit. We're much more stable than a married couple.
am I the only person who is surrounded by good marriages? Seriously, there is not a single divorce between my parents, any of their siblings, grandparents, long-time girlfriend's parents, and they all do great together (with the exception of maybe my alcoholic grandpa who crosses the line sometimes). Makes it really hard to be cynical about marriage when pretty much everyone in my life has met the person they married in college (sometimes before, sometimes very shortly after) and stayed with them.

record book:
grandparents #1: elementary school, grew up together, inseperable
grandparents #2: alcoholic grandpa doesn't help but they still get by. right after college.
mom&dad: first week of college. first date second week.
gf's mom/dad: first year of college
won't get into all the aunts and uncles, but from talking to my parents there are no real problems or mega changes in people. They are themselves and a colorful bunch at that

me and my girlfriend: known her since I was 14, didn't start dating until 18, now pushing 21. no plans of marriage as of yet lol
ill be moving in with the gf in the next couple of weeks.

she lived with me for 3 months..not long after we first got together(She lived 200km away, she wanted to move up to perth and get a job here, but she couldnt get a job here without finding a place to stay...so i let her stay here until she found a job and got a place to live etc)

And now that shes moved out, i find myself at hers 99% of the time anyway, so we decided we might as well haha
Quote from mrodgers :Remember 2 rules of relationships.

First rule women will never budge on. "What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine!" They will live forever with you by that rule at all times.

Second, every man meets the woman of his dream and hitches up with her wanting her never to change. She will change. Every woman meets the man of her dreams and hitches up with him with the intent to change him. He will change, like putty in her hands molded to what she wants.

These are set in stone. They happen every time.

i've found that applying ball sweat to any object renders it yours. it completely nullifies rule number one. if she still wants it after you've gotten your ball sweat all over it, then maybe you need to look for someone who isn't a dirty little bitch. lol

i think rule 2 only applied when in the company of your woman. as soon as she out of the room, it's flies down, hand in, Napoleon all the way. so, the trick is to make the skirt think she's in-charge. like letting your kid sit on your lap and "drive" the car. the only one who doesn't think you're still driving is the kid.
for me, that's what a relationship is all about. make her think she doing it on her own. but if you look close enough, you'll see that it's the man who still driving
Quote from dadge :i've found that applying ball sweat to any object renders it yours. it completely nullifies rule number one. if she still wants it after you've gotten your ball sweat all over it, then maybe you need to look for someone who isn't a dirty little bitch. lol

i think rule 2 only applied when in the company of your woman. as soon as she out of the room, it's flies down, hand in, Napoleon all the way. so, the trick is to make the skirt think she's in-charge. like letting your kid sit on your lap and "drive" the car. the only one who doesn't think you're still driving is the kid.
for me, that's what a relationship is all about. make her think she doing it on her own. but if you look close enough, you'll see that it's the man who still driving

Tell me more about this rule number two I like the sound of that.
a relationship is like a swan. on the surface it's beautiful and graceful. but once you look under the surface, you'll find a man kicking like hell to keep the f*cker afloat. lol.
To be honest, anyone who believes they love their partner and doesn't get married are cowards with commitment issues. Marriage means alot to women (and some men). Anyone who doesn't wanna get married always comes up with the "it's only a piece of paper" bollocks because if it's just a piece of paper why will it matter to you that you put your name on it?

But it's not JUST that, it's a promise you make to your country and to your god, if you are religious. It's a promise you make to that person infront of ALL your friends and family that no matter what, you love this person and will stay with them until you die.

Marriage is the biggest commitment you can make in a relationship, I guess some people aren't man enough to do it.

Most of the time people who don't wanna get married are the people that are window shopping a bit TOO much or the type of person to play around.

Yes Kev, this was said in your direction.
Marriage is up to taste nowadays.
For me marriage is not a must do in my life, it has same amount of bad as there are good sides.
But i think i'll get it done if i find enough finances (i haven't been left much choice anyway ), sure am grateful for that when i'm old, love to be surrounded by a big family one day.
>religious
Quote from BlueFlame :To be honest, anyone who believes they love their partner and doesn't get married are cowards with commitment issues.

Men who call other men cowards are jealous of their effortless relationship and enormous penis.

Quote from BlueFlame :But it's not JUST that, it's a promise you make to your country and to your god,

A promise to my country? What the **** are you talking about? Also I'm not religious (although I am wearing a T-shirt with Jesus on it, but Jesus is awesome he can do magic), which is probably why marriage is meaningless to me.

Quote from BlueFlame :It's a promise you make to that person infront of ALL your friends and family that no matter what, you love this person and will stay with them until you die.

Then in a few years you cheat on them or get divorced and the wedding was a massive waste of everybody's time and money.

Quote from BlueFlame :Marriage is the biggest commitment you can make in a relationship, I guess some people aren't man enough to do it.

Most of the time people who don't wanna get married are the people that are window shopping a bit TOO much or the type of person to play around.

So all women want to get married, and all men who don't want to get married are cowards and cheats. Any more bizarre generalisations from your imagination you'd like to contribute?
Quote from thisnameistaken :

Then in a few years you cheat on them or get divorced and the wedding was a massive waste of everybody's time and money.

Why are you even together then? Time and money IS wasted, but not if you love them. Why do you stay with her then if you believe you'll cheat on her or relationship will end anyway? What happened to faith? Faith in your own feelings and those in her?

I think marriage is important step into adulthood, especially when a child is involved.
Quote from BlueFlame :
I think marriage is important step into adulthood, especially when a child is involved.

They don't have a kid. No point in trying to judge them, as its just stupid. You might see their way of living as useless, while they see yours as the same way. The main point of this is to stop caring about other people's lives and worry about your own.
You shouldnt need to marry someone to show how much you love them.
Quote from DevilDare :You shouldnt need to marry someone to show how much you love them.

but at the same time, it's a good way to show someone how much you love them.

To each their own, find what works for you, no point preaching at people who have actively chosen a different lifestyle.
The move went quite smooth, all my stuff is unpacked and put in place. Now she's in the kitchen making something that smells delicious and I'm having wine while browsing the forums. Great feeling boys!

And thanks for the wishes and advice, especially Dadge's. I assume it comes from experience.
She and I passed the phase of being in love and made room for the next phase of mutual love, respect and recognition. Being where we are, I trust we are capable of making sacrifices and compromises to work on our relationship because anything can be overcome if at the end of the day the love still remains. If it doesn't work out, it'll hurt, but at least I know I've made the best decision at that moment and that I've lived.
Quote from (SaM) :The move went quite smooth, all my stuff is unpacked and put in place. Now she's in the kitchen...

Straight where she belongs.

But yeah, good luck from me too.

Post Your Girlfriend / Love Life Advice 101
(5206 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG