The online racing simulator
(OM) Oval Munkies Presents:
(123 posts, started )
@chris/ U really read the whole thread? For example 2,5,7,9,12 and so on.

But who cares! Maybe I`m too old to post in a forum like this!!

Have Fun!

Maybe we will meet each other on the track(not only the oval!! :-P))!!!!!!!!

BlasteR
Quote from Brainblaster666 :@chris/ U really read the whole thread? For example 2,5,7,9,12 and so on.

But who cares! Maybe I`m too old to post in a forum like this!!

Have Fun!

Maybe we will meet each other on the track(not only the oval!! :-P))!!!!!!!!

BlasteR

Yeah, sorry forgot about the early posts. No-one is ever too old to post on here...
#53 - th84
I think i know more of the story now. From what i've gathered, there has been some sort of disagreement between the oval racer's. Let's not start using the (IB) wrecker's barricade to try and solve disagreements between people. The (IB) is there to protect our server's from wrecker's. It's not there to play Maury Povich and settle childish arguement's. In the future... please dont submit complaint's to the barricade to help you "get even" with those who you feel have done you wrong (unless there is proof of wrecking via replay), it's really a waste of server admin's time, and goes against what the barricade is there to do. It's really pointless to try and use the barricade to "get even". If you get banned from any server, the only thing you can do is take it up with the server admin's themselves.

I know that this is O/T (and probably not my place to say it either), but i didnt know where else to say it.
I don't like the oval, for the following reasons:

1. It's boring as hell, you just floor it and steer left
2. It's USUALLY populated by idiots and morons
3. If you don't follow 'LFS oval' ettiquette you get banned
4. The same people win, those people being the ones who do 25000+ laps
5. Within 4 laps you can be within 0.1 seconds of WR, but that last bit takes ages to get. However, as the oval is easy flat the quick guys never ever make a mistake, so it's impossible to win
6. After 5 laps there is no challenge, you've just got to practice. On a real circuit there is always challenge, no matter how much practice you have, and I can usually get within 0.5 seconds of any WR fairly quickly.
7. A repeat, but it's mostly the more ignorant / less skilled players that use the oval.

I think the oval should be changed so that only one corner of the three is flat, the ret requiring a lift in any car (unless you use too much downforce, in which case it'll be flat and slow). But I won't be using the oval until there is a major patch and I want 3 laps to see how fast the new car is. It doesn't interest me, and I don't know many good racers that enjoy it either, but I know plenty of bad racers that love it. Go figure.
I think that we need a "Nascar" type oval, like martinsville, one that has very little banking, is very short, and I wish that people wouldn't constantly use the fastest car for oval, heck I had more fun ovaling in UF1 and FXO then I do in BF1 and FO8, mainly for the reason that your line matters, and if you are a bit off, you'll be so off pase that its boring. My friend, We always race online with TS in a private game, mucking about with Ovalling, C&R, add 2 AI's and yourself and try to wreck the other teams AI so your AI's win, fun games like that. Oval is fun if you use alternate cars.
@tristan

1. start reading posts or even go do some races at our Server "oval junkies" with us FM guys then tell me again what you think about it cause Andrés Fair & Fun + Oval Munkies are just bad copies and believe me those Servers do not really offer "Fair & Fun".

2. If there are no Admins, i totally agree with you. But to be realistic, noobs are everywhere more or less, road track or oval noobs dont care.
But, there are still Drivers like us who want to race and fight and whatever dont forget this.

3. Oval what?? BS!! lol. Keeping the Track clear is the Goal on our Server in order to give those who did not crash a nice finish. So different to Tracks with right corners and keeping the laptime in your mind its just simple: standing on track is fatal here. Doing this forces a spectate, then after sorting things out (or not) maybe kick but only if really nessesary BAN.

4. Not True. I cant remember that i have ever seen you on our server anyway so where did you got all those infos from? Do Practice, more or less, show that you are willing to win races due fair fights and you will race with the Aliens sooner then you think. And more important then win a race is the Race itself for me and most of the guys i know

5. Not True as well. Whats your pb btw? 31.6x is mostly standard by most of the drivers without draft. Some better do 31.5x and the WR my friend is 31.45. If it would be like you said we would have alot more fun imho. But i agree with you, the last bit, talking about getting below 50 really takes ages but once you managed it its like reaching another level and pushing that car on its limits over this track is more fun then on any other track for me.

6. After 5 laps without draft for sure. But i bet its even a shit lot of work for a Alien like you to get and stay fast in a grid of 23 cars. And even if you reached the top 5 Train and there are less cars around...its not going less easier.

7. Well i do not like to hear that even its not true but i really hope to race you one day with some of my mates I know youre gone love it one day!!

And i would like to see more Ovals, Talladega or Daytona style or maybe official ? who knows, would be great to do a Event on different ovals like you monkeys do on the road tracks for example dont get me wrong, im not a pure oval racer but as long its in the game i will use it and im really glad it is.

Plaztik

And yes, i am sorry my english sux ****.
Quote :1. start reading posts or even go do some races at our Server "oval junkies" with us FM guys then tell me again what you think about it cause Andrés Fair & Fun + Oval Munkies are just bad copies and believe me those Servers do not really offer "Fair & Fun".

Listen, it is not any form of "bad" copies, it`s a completely new server with a new setup. Yes, it`s very like the one you use, but we are trying a other aproach (wrong spelled) than you do. But trust me that it is nothing of a bad copy.

And you tell that we cannot give the guest fair and fun racing?
Why you say that?
Do we need to spam you to death, or have a ban orgie (WS again) to get a "fair & fun" race?
No, we don`t need, it works maybe for your server, but we are not trying same tactics.
And yesterday we got fantastic racing on the oval munkies server, and 2 people reached the 29 limit too.

The thing that really makes me wonder is that I see a lot of ppl that is baned from your server that join our server, - we give them a setup and tips, and they manage to do as fast laps as we do. Most of them are pretty good, you just have to be more patient

But don`t take me wrong, FM server is a ok server, and I do understand you can get frustrated when people allways seems to crash because they can`t keep their lines or similar misstakes, but seriously - give the n00bs a chance, give them your setup, show them the lines, and I trust you - you will see that a lot of theese n00bs can drive fast, fair, clean and fun
Ok VeryEnd dont make a fool out of you and give me a single reason to tell the world for what reasons this servers has been created (Hint: colours). And dude, im on the Oval Server for a long time, ivgot a radar for noobs, fools and anything else that could harm our Server in any way. So im not saying im right everytime i kick/ban/spectate/slap/penalty someone but 99% more or less i have a reason for that because i spec people and count actions that are on purpose and thats not just like "damn he touched me!! watch my skin!!!! kick."
And i am really happy about the fact that people who cant race on our server, which is not for bloody beginners but for people who might had some races before but mostly know how to act and interact can find a place at your server and get help from you guys which we also give to those on our server that are not *that* bloody ok. And yes Frustration about this from time to time will teach you aswell and hopefully youll understand one day why we did, what we did. We are allways that kind to give everybody a new change but dude there are things that should not happen and some may not happen to often to tolarate for long but youll see for yourself.
OK, 2 gripes from me:

1) Munkies...change your name. '(OM) Oval Munkies' sounds like you are intentionally ripping off '[FM] Oval Junkies' just to spite them. If you want your server to be truly different, start by changing your group name to something that does not resemble any other team or server name. When I first saw your server name in the list, my immediate thought was that this was some guy or group that got pissed off by or banned from [FM] and is now out to spite them. If it's that obvious to me then it's obvious to everyone.

2) Oval racing in LFS in general. Too draft-dependent for my liking. You lose the lead draft=you don't have a hope in hell of winning unless they all wreck. The draft should be only half as potent as it currently is. And you should have to lift for at least some of the corners. Right now every car in LFS can go around the oval flat-out with a proper setup. I agree there is strategy to drafting but for all intents and purposes the only way to defend your position is to be a total sleazebag and run the guy beside you off the road or into the wall. Again it's because of the draft.
Quote :I agree there is strategy to drafting but for all intents and purposes the only way to defend your position is to be a total sleazebag and run the guy beside you off the road or into the wall. Again it's because of the draft.

well there are 2 ways to go on the oval. One way is your way. Be as ignorant as possible, block as much as possible to stay/gain positions.
Stay allways left and pass allways right to interupt the " race flow " and to confuse everybody around you.

Be prepared to get overtaken in the same sick way you did. Be prepared to follow and hopefully lose the (bump)-drafting cars.

the other way is teamwork (to a certain point/lap if wanted) (+bumpdrafting if possible or allowed/wanted by both sides)
To win the race gets more and more secondary the more fun you have in the race itselfs which counts most imho.

In Papys Nascar Racing i have seen alot of those guys from the first kind and more then 90% only won 1 race in a row. So it is in LFS.
Quote from 510N3D :well there are 2 ways to go on the oval. One way is your way. Be as ignorant as possible, block as much as possible to stay/gain positions.
Stay allways left and pass allways right to interupt the " race flow " and to confuse everybody around you.

Be prepared to get overtaken in the same sick way you did. Be prepared to follow and hopefully lose the (bump)-drafting cars.

the other way is teamwork (to a certain point/lap if wanted) (+bumpdrafting if possible or allowed/wanted by both sides)
To win the race gets more and more secondary the more fun you have in the race itselfs which counts most imho.

In Papys Nascar Racing i have seen alot of those guys from the first kind and more then 90% only won 1 race in a row. So it is in LFS.

I agree but when teamwork time is up (ie. on the main straight coming to the finish line) what can the defending driver do to maintain his position without blocking and weaving like a total jerk? Nothing. There is little to nothing that a defending driver can do to shake the following driver out of his draft once and for all when time comes to end any alliances and battle for the win.

Even in real life open-wheel single-seater oval racing there is an aero push that the defending driver can use to his advantage. And yes there is an aero push in LFS but the draft is so fricken huge that the trailing driver can understeer up out of the fast line but still suck up to the leading car on the following straight.

Unfortunately one has to face the fact that passing on the LFS oval under the current physics is way too easy and the defending driver is...well...defenseless.

I watch oval racing all the time. I've studied moves both offensive and defensive. I've raced ovals in other sims. NONE of the defensive tactics that work in real life work in LFS simply because the draft is so huge so close to the lead car.

Watch this. Look how close the 2 cars are to each other yet there's no enormous slingshot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0orHQo57S9Q
I think that the drafting has to be tweaked because its simply far too powerful, it reminds me of a racing game at times with it.
I think maybe a 3-5mph boost in speed when slipstreaming someone instead of nearly 10 would be better, and also would allow for tighter racing.

I'm not a big fan of bumping either, it gives the group a slightly unfair advantage.

Now to address some previous questions:

1. Why are we STILL named (OM): We are not going to change our name simply because it's not convenient to other servers, we aren't FM, we don't want to be FM and we will NEVER be FM. (OM) was started by a disgruntled group of regulars from the FM server, (OM) stays to show that.

2. Noobs on the oval: This still really annoys me, about how elitist everyone gets and distances themselves from new racers, sure you might think a lot of "noobs" are simply wreckers and have no interest in racing, but if you actually take 5 minutes from your dictatorship and talk to them, give them a setup and give them a few tips, it's quite cool to see the difference that makes. Most of them can keep the car stable, keep up with the pack and actually feel like there racing.

3. Ban's: Well we just had to ban our first person last night, for deliberatly standing on the track and having a very poor attitude. He will be unbanned and is very welcome to think about his behaviour and actually have a proper race with us, It took us 15 minutes to ban him last night, as we were all on ventrillo and really REALLY not wanting to ban anyone. But it seemed as if thats what he was gunning for. *sighs*

4. Being Different: right let's get something straight, we are a racing community, so unfortunatly thats something we will always share with some other servers, however we differ from our friendly approach to running the server, our non-abusive admins who encourage all racers, and the amount of new faces we have seen in the server. We don't slag people off, We have a clear restart policy, We do NOT judge ourselves to be above the racers and we want everyone on the server to enjoy themselves as much as you can while going 215mph round a concrete circuit.
#63 - Nobo
Quote from The Very End :
Do we need to spam you to death, or have a ban orgie (WS again) to get a "fair & fun" race?

I remember you vote banning a lot of people from the Oval Junkies Server. You are going from "Saulus to Paulus"?
Fireball:
2. Noobs on the oval: This still really annoys me, about how elitist everyone gets and distances themselves from new racers, sure you might think a lot of "noobs" are simply wreckers and have no interest in racing, but if you actually take 5 minutes from your dictatorship and talk to them, give them a setup and give them a few tips, it's quite cool to see the difference that makes. Most of them can keep the car stable, keep up with the pack and actually feel like there racing.

Dude you are a noob yourself looking at lfsw shows im right and i dont know what you guys thinking when you allways say "oh calm down teach the noobs they can race fair bla bla" dude i cant remember how many times we helped people out, where patiant, gave out setups and tips to bring things forward...included you, VeryEnd and weegie as well. So this is what i dont like and maybe some other racers will speak for themselves about that here but at the end i dont really care cause i know its not like you think it is. I know my level quite good but that do not means im a better human now and can play god now just because im fast, got more practice or whatever.

Fireball
PS: 1. Why are we STILL named (OM): We are not going to change our name simply because it's not convenient to other servers, we aren't FM, we don't want to be FM and we will NEVER be FM. (OM) was started by a disgruntled group of regulars from the FM server, (OM) stays to show that.

LOL..

RacingSimFan
Munkies...change your name. '(OM) Oval Munkies' sounds like you are intentionally ripping off '[FM] Oval Junkies' just to spite them. If you want your server to be truly different, start by changing your group name to something that does not resemble any other team or server name. When I first saw your server name in the list, my immediate thought was that this was some guy or group that got pissed off by or banned from [FM] and is now out to spite them. If it's that obvious to me then it's obvious to everyone.)

Do i have to say anything more to this? All-in or what?

Fireball
I think that the drafting has to be tweaked because its simply far too powerful, it reminds me of a racing game at times with it.
I think maybe a 3-5mph boost in speed when slipstreaming someone instead of nearly 10 would be better, and also would allow for tighter racing.

disagree, ever had a seat in a car like that?? ever had more then 200 mph on the tacho and some cars infront of you?? I dont think so. Well not saying i did but what i know is that the faster things go the powerful this slipstream effect will be. So i think those who says its unrealistic or to strong simple cant handly it, got not enough practice and/or cant even compare it to real life so whats the point there?! So if you want just a 3-5 mph boost, go slower mate.
Well the thing strikes me, that you in FM tries to ruin our server, you have been given us warnings about changing name or it will be shit.
Ok, well - that tells something about your level. IT GOT NOTHING TO DO, that we got (OM) tagg, just a name, and if you can`t live with it, go rename YOUR god damn server then ok?
We don`t need to bitch about the name, name is unimportant, whats important is whats going on on the server.

We will not change our server name, and I think you FM guys should really think of what you doing, most of you are grown up people, twice my age, but you still acting like kids in my point of veiw. I am not perfect, in fact I am a n00b on track, and will allways be, I got a lower racing level than you, ok np, no offence by that - but do not belive you can at any kind control me or other people from (OM) to do anything, just because you are crying about the name.

Now, go race on your server, by your rules and such, have a good time there, and we will have a good time on our server. Everyone are very welcome to join. Come, and compare, and see if our server is that LOW as FM is describing it.
This thread really helps making oval racing in LFS more popular or bettering the opinions on it.
Quote from The Very End :Well the thing strikes me, that you in FM tries to ruin our server, you have been given us warnings about changing name or it will be shit.
Ok, well - that tells something about your level. IT GOT NOTHING TO DO, that we got (OM) tagg, just a name, and if you can`t live with it, go rename YOUR god damn server then ok?
We don`t need to bitch about the name, name is unimportant, whats important is whats going on on the server.

We will not change our server name, and I think you FM guys should really think of what you doing, most of you are grown up people, twice my age, but you still acting like kids in my point of veiw. I am not perfect, in fact I am a n00b on track, and will allways be, I got a lower racing level than you, ok np, no offence by that - but do not belive you can at any kind control me or other people from (OM) to do anything, just because you are crying about the name.

Now, go race on your server, by your rules and such, have a good time there, and we will have a good time on our server. Everyone are very welcome to join. Come, and compare, and see if our server is that LOW as FM is describing it.

What is he talking about? can anyone tell me? did i missed something?

just for the record:

*(OvaL*MuNKyS)*

(FM) OvaL JuNkIeS!!

Relax, read postings, translate if nessasary and think before you act.
Well, you just ignore what ever I write anyway, you don`t care, you think you are best, ok - you are best. SAlute man, I obey you, my master what should I do for you?? I am your slave!

No I am not, stfu man. You are so damn ignoran, whatever I would wrote you would only just laughet at it anyway, because you are the best. You got the whole world man, maybe we just should spec you all, so the god can race himselfe.

Now, go racing - stop bitching
Quote from The Very End :Well, you just ignore what ever I write anyway, you don`t care, you think you are best, ok - you are best. SAlute man, I obey you, my master what should I do for you?? I am your slave!

No I am not, stfu man. You are so damn ignoran, whatever I would wrote you would only just laughet at it anyway, because you are the best. You got the whole world man, maybe we just should spec you all, so the god can race himselfe.

Now, go racing - stop bitching

omg pants off dude! The only person that ingnores anything any anyone is you, but that has been allways like that and will never change. And you will probably never notice your own stupidity.

And please dont come on our server again with your friend, take over our LFS Player names and vote ban people for nothing.
*Thread Closed*

I wish!
I am not ignoring people.
I listen on them, taking advices and such.

If someone tells I wreck them, I say sorry and tries to sort out whats happend. I has as well said sorry many times before, while you never has said anything as long I`v seen you around.

But ok, I stop bitching, you win , sorry I guess.
But let me see - would you admin that you some times does wrong?
Probally not.

Now - as mentioned like 1trillion times before, name is uinportant, it`s the racing inside, and people on the server that is important.
If you come to (OM) we will listen on you, and tread (wrong spelled) you with respect, we WILL listen to you, and not beeing in the beliving we got right all time.
If you feel offended by server name - sorry, not my idea, sorry if you don`t like it, sorry but we are not going to change it.
#72 - th84
Quote from zeugnimod :This thread really helps making oval racing in LFS more popular or bettering the opinions on it.

LOL! I dont hink it can get much worse!
Quote from The Very End :I am not ignoring people.
I listen on them, taking advices and such.

If someone tells I wreck them, I say sorry and tries to sort out whats happend. I has as well said sorry many times before, while you never has said anything as long I`v seen you around.

But ok, I stop bitching, you win , sorry I guess.
But let me see - would you admin that you some times does wrong?
Probally not.

Now - as mentioned like 1trillion times before, name is uinportant, it`s the racing inside, and people on the server that is important.
If you come to (OM) we will listen on you, and tread (wrong spelled) you with respect, we WILL listen to you, and not beeing in the beliving we got right all time.
If you feel offended by server name - sorry, not my idea, sorry if you don`t like it, sorry but we are not going to change it.

from my postings:

...I know my level quite good but that do not means im a better human now and can play god now just because im fast, got more practice or whatever.

....And dude, im on the Oval Server for a long time, ivgot a radar for noobs, fools and anything else that could harm our Server in any way. So im not saying im right everytime i kick/ban/spectate/slap/penalty someone but 99% more or less i have a reason for that because i spec people and count actions that are on purpose and thats not just like "damn he touched me!! watch my skin!!!! kick."

and i have to quote RaceSimFan again to make this clear:

RacingSimFan
Munkies...change your name. '(OM) Oval Munkies' sounds like you are intentionally ripping off '[FM] Oval Junkies' just to spite them. If you want your server to be truly different, start by changing your group name to something that does not resemble any other team or server name. When I first saw your server name in the list, my immediate thought was that this was some guy or group that got pissed off by or banned from [FM] and is now out to spite them. If it's that obvious to me then it's obvious to everyone.)

and btw i am still able to appologizy myself to anybody but people like you makes me think its not worth the work.
They have a right to call their server whatever they want, rightly or wrongly.
Quote from Chris_Kerry :They have a right to call their server whatever they want, rightly or wrongly.

sure it would not be a problem but if you know the hole story you would think different.

just have a look at post #68 and then youvgot quite an idea what im talking about.

(OM) Oval Munkies Presents:
(123 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG