The online racing simulator
(OM) Oval Munkies Presents:
(123 posts, started )
(OM) Is new OVAL server. Right now the admins are : The very end; (OM)WeeGiE , (OM) Fireball. The point of this new 24/7 Oval server is to bring players to have fun at OVAL. Admins are fair and fun and helpful, so is the people who visit this server. One important note is that when happens some huge crash, then always admins restart race. It is still new, but offcourse it will grow and get more famous. It's worth to visit this server and have fun too.

24/7
Fair, Funny, Helpful admins
Respect is kept in server
Wrecker Barricade
There will be events
NO SPAM MESSAGES
You can get more information in server
Fun and oval don't mix.

j/k
#3 - th84
:iagree: except for the j/k part :P

Is this like a spinoff of oval junkies? Same thing or...?
#4 - Tukko
munkies, junkies, dunkies... it's always great to have more oval servers!

j/k :doh:
#5 - ajp71
Oval Junkies is a good example of how not to have a good oval server. Get rid of all the visual pollution all over your face telling you your drift angle or some bollocks like that. The worst thing is spamming messages when others are trying to race:

'Press Shift + S or get banned'

:doh:
Quote from ajp71 :Oval Junkies is a good example of how not to have a good oval server. Get rid of all the visual pollution all over your face telling you your drift angle or some bollocks like that. The worst thing is spamming messages when others are trying to race:

:doh:

True.

I would like to see a well run oval server (which this one probably will be, I will be on it later) that uses the wrecker barricade... does this one?
It uses barricade and it doesent have stupid spamm messages and other very stupid things. IT IS NOT LIKE OVAL JUNKIES. its much better, its MUNKIES! and its better very much.
I think the UN needs to enforce stricter regulations of how friggin' many oval servers there can be.
Hey, this is dedicated, others are just some crap.
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Hey, this is dedicated, others are just some crap.

I think you'll find oval servers are generally crap because of the racers, not the host.

Although I don't want to tarnish all oval racers with the same brush, I know some are very serious about oval racing, but too many noobs and 14 year olds turn up to play (not wanting to tarnish all 14 year olds with the same brush either ).
well, admins take care of the people in server. they keep teh order .
Yes, they keep "teh order" by inventing obscure rules to have a reason to quickly ban newbies or seldomly oval-ing racers. The result of that is the same situation as we have now.
The best place for oval racing is still N2003. I don't race often but very occasionally when there are no decent LFS racers I'll head over to N2003 and enjoy some good, much cleaner oval racing normally with 42 car grids near capacity and with the only net code that can rival LFS atm (in terms of grid size it is better, less features/voting/SS though). If you want to venture out into racing other than Daytona/Talledega then a league is probably the way to go (and there are plenty of them) the other thing about N2003 is they have decent races (about 20 mins) which is a short as a good oval race can be IMO.
I' like to see more oval servers with FXR ,i tried it once and quite liked it.
^ joining or the FXO is good too,had some nice races with the FXO lately. Was just a few race to try out that, and that can't be compared to the fo8/bf1 "fun"
How is the oval with LRF cars? Or anything without downforce? Which LFS car would be the nearest analogue to a NASCAR car?
Quote from cannonfodder :How is the oval with LRF cars? Or anything without downforce? Which LFS car would be the nearest analogue to a NASCAR car?

Nothing really comes close in terms of character (on an oval) maybe the FXR would be closest, I think the XRR would still be too lively on an oval. TBH though there are no really crude big engined heavy lumps in LFS that can compare.
There's a sentence that sounds very odd in the opening message:
Please respect the admins.
Funny, I thought everybody should be respected. Power is responsibility, not privilege.
Quote from Albieg :There's a sentence that sounds very odd in the opening message:
Please respect the admins.
Funny, I thought everybody should be respected. Power is responsibility, not privilege.

Respect admins , yes. But respecting others should be already in mind everywhere.
Your choice, your ideas, your server.
..not my server. i just spread word
Ok, maybe it`s time for me to throw out a word here.
The main reason why we created this server, is because we have too many times seen bad attitutes, and god-like admins, that kick and ban the ones they simply not like.
Of course I do understand people get frustrated when someone connects and crashes all in start, but remember, do you think it was EASY in the start?

We all need some time, and we not going, at least not me, to start kicking, baning people that is new to the game. Even if they crashes a lot, we are not going to start calling them things and be nasty to them.
I will ask them to go in spectator mode, and look at others, so they can see lines etc etc, and I will let them try my setup. It`s not one of those I throw to slow ppl, it`s my pb set (29.68) on oval. I think all should have equal chances, so therfor they will be able to try the fastest sets we got, and we are not going to be like - secret set, team set blabla. That only shows how egoistic you are, and all you want is to let you\team be the ones that finish top all the time.
THIS IS NOT the case on our server, everyone is equal, new people get chances, and we will keep in mind of that, of course we deal out the ones that obviously makes racing sh*t, but we are nott going to ban ppl for having an misstake.

We will in future as well put up a Ventrilo server. This will do it much easier to communicate, you can talk instead of writing all the time. Got no mic - NO PROBLEM! Listen on us! Need help? Ask us, we answer you. As long some of the admins are online we will try to help you out as much as we can.

And the last words I want to say is that we want to build up and community, that got all kind of people. THey not need to be omfg-fast, or something like that, but people that can have a laugh, and of course don`t ram on purpose. We seen desperate tries to make it DEATH-SERIOUS racing (FM hrhmrhm), but that just ends up with a lot of people been turning down, and gets offended by admins, that only want to show their superior strengh compared to you. I will try, the best I can, to make this a good server, where people can have a great and fun time, have good racing, and a place where people can learn, and share experiencense. You and me, we will be on same level. I will not threat you bad, I will not say you are a ****ing idiot, I will not kick you, because I just did not like you style.

Tho many probaly thinks now, that this is just bullshit, well - I can`t force you to belive what we are saying, but if you don`t belive us - try it out, and see for yourselfe.
If you got problems, just ask, ppl crashing or doing racing for you impossible - tell, and we will sort out. We will not just ban the man, but we will try to understand WHY he does it, and hopefully get him on the right way, if not, well then we just have to give him 24 hours time to think about it on.
Everyone needs a second chance, it`s human to fail, and if you can`t see that, well then I would say you are a blind ignorant bastard. Strong words, but strong feelings, I can`t tell by word how dissapointed I some times get by seeing the server leaders abusing their rights, and making the racing good in their point of veiw. Of course, your server, your rules blabla, but isn`t it about to have fun? To share the pasion for racing, and having a great time, not just be death-serious?
Being one of the admins on the server, I have to say thanks to Elanor lol I had no idea he was posting away and promoting the server, well done you!

Anyways, the Oval Munkys server was started off after a few regulars of another server became pissed off at the way it was run and masked as a community when they really picked and chose who was to be involved and part of that community, our community is going to be for everyone who wants to be part of it, regardless of your skill.
We offer a basic shared setup for the F1 cars and encourage for races to be a bout improving driver skill, rather than slating your opponents and a constant torrent of abuse.

As for the text spam, I agree completely... but how much of the complained spam was from the server and how much was contributed by admins !
At OM we are also running LFSLapper, but are still tweaking and deciding what settings shall be on and what shall be off, we are also working on a privacy mode so with a comment like !silence in chat the plugin will not send messages to that player... Some people find the data useful - some don't, we want to give racers that choice.

Please feel free to drop in the server in the next few weeks while we finalize everything, in the past two days we have went from a pissed off group, to the core of a racing community with great ideas, a fast server and the desire to include everybody who wants to be a part of it.
[ot]

Quote from Bob Smith :Although I don't want to tarnish all oval racers with the same brush, I know some are very serious about oval racing, but too many noobs and 14 year olds turn up to play (not wanting to tarnish all 14 year olds with the same brush either ).

I'm 14 and I hate oval junkies.
[/ot]

It suprises me why there isn't a FXR fake NASCAR
Quote from The Very End :Of course, your server, your rules blabla, but isn`t it about to have fun? To share the pasion for racing, and having a great time, not just be death-serious?

I just pointed out that that sentence about respect is already making a difference for me between users and admins. I was involved as a moderator in the biggest Italian community about RPGs, but it wasn't really my cup of tea. I was involved in technical decisions too (I still am, but I'm no longer active as admin or user, RPGs are not for me). The admin and creator of the forum works side by side with me, and he's a close friend of mine. During that time I always restrained myself far more than I do here or on the track because I believe that power has to be controlled strictly. In a certain sense, I like being almost powerless. I've seen too many admins regarding themselves as uebermenschen, overusing the little and laughable powers they have (compared to other powers, I mean ). I've been a victim of that too, once (I'm not naming names, but it was no one known in this forum, just to be clear), and for sure I didn't like that attitude. LFS is no different from the various situations you can see in 'real life': you get very good and caring admins and very bad ones. I hope you're part of the first category, and wish you good luck of course, and maybe when I'll feel I'm good enough I'll enter your server too as a racer.
But let me stress out I really don't like that sentence. I feel that like kind of a hint, and I don't like it. It reminds me about what George Orwell said about animals and equality. I will never like things like that, it's in my nature. Of course, I'm talking about an impression, nothing more than that, and this is only my personal opinion. I have no intent to flame, or diss your efforts. By the way, if really things are like you say I wish you all the best and I hope your efforts are rewarded. With all respect due (not only to admins).

(123 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG