The online racing simulator
(OM) Oval Munkies Presents:
(123 posts, started )
lol the post was posted by a fan of the server, respect is given to EVERYONE on the server, automatically !

That is why the community is going to be so open, the only difference betwee n admins and normal racers is that we are responsible for paying to keep the hosting services running and are in charge of the website and the race server etc...and generally oversee races and help racers....
Quote from f1r3b4ll :lol the post was posted by a fan of the server, respect is given to EVERYONE on the server, automatically !

That is why the community is going to be so open, the only difference betwee n admins and normal racers is that we are responsible for paying to keep the hosting services running and are in charge of the website and the race server etc...and generally oversee races and help racers....

The server is for any skill and ANYONE is welcome, we will help you with setups, tips about the racing line to take.. racing etiquette and anything else you may need...

Also - I just actually seen what you meant - the message when connecting to the server ... changing it
Lol, at first I thought the message is a joke. Junkies => munkies, Failure => the very end. :uglyhamme
Finally another KY Oval server. And well-based as I can see. That's good to see that the amount of Ovals are starting to gather a bit. I wonder what everyone has against the Oval. Personally, I like it a lot. I'll probably come and pay a visit guys.
Quote from f1r3b4ll :Also - I just actually seen what you meant - the message when connecting to the server ... changing it

See? It was damn easy, and would have spared quite a few words. You have one more possible racer, but not now. I still think I have a lot to learn.
lol you have to realise to get all this setup in like a day and a half - we still have things we have to change lol, and come on the server ... we'll get you setup
Quote from detail :Lol, at first I thought the message is a joke. Junkies => munkies, Failure => the very end. :uglyhamme

If we all had been equal the world would be borring
#33 - th84
Quote from Knight_Atack :. I wonder what everyone has against the Oval. .

It's not the oval as much as it is the people (not all) who use it Also, the oval is quite boring and dont take a whole lot of skill/practice to master. Some people enjoy it, but i like to use brakes and make some right turn's occasionally. To each his own though.

I joined the server last night to see what it was like, it looked just like oval junkies to me, same spamming, everyone know's when someone get's a pb(still not sure why people use that, thats what lfsw is for), and those damn barrier's.. why use them for a 8 lap race??
Quote from th84 :blablabla...the oval is quite boring and dont take a whole lot of skill/practice to master...blabla

Erm... sticking your little johnny once inside a girl and satisfy a woman is the same, too?
#35 - th84
ummm..... ok! But what does that have to do with driving around in circles full throttle?
My bets is this is another BF1 oval , need some old skool FO8 on this track, bf1 is too fast to have a proper competitive/fun race. The FO8 is the fine balance between the 3 open wheelers tbh.

And to th84, it took me longer to master the oval than any other circuit track. And im not the fastest either. Beligerant and complacent comment tbh.

Oh and as to those who don't like the spamming theres a button to stop all messages coming through.
Quote from sturje :

And to th84, it took me longer to master the oval than any other circuit track. And im not the fastest either. Beligerant and complacent comment tbh.

Rubbish, give any decent driver 10 minutes on the Oval with a decent set and he'll be up to speed. In the FO8 definatly.

On the subject of the FM server, imo it's over regulated to the point of being ridicoulous. "It's a game, not real life" is the comment I once got off one of the FM guys, well guys its a game but it needs to be realistic, which your server isn't I'm afraid.
rofl, I've seen circuit drivers come on the oval, and not one of them can keep up with those who've been on it a long time. I'll do a classic cs comment "Why lie?".

And as to the FM server, and the rules enforced are our own rules to prevent crashes, and quite frankly they work a charm. Don't like it, general rule of thumb is don't join, simple as that. It IS a game, try running into that wall at 200mph in real life. Realism is there already, LFS models it well enough. Physics are enough for me. But some people get a tad bit greedy it seems :/
Quote from Chris_Kerry :Rubbish, give any decent driver 10 minutes on the Oval with a decent set and he'll be up to speed. In the FO8 definatly.

Show me a 31.55

@EvenS: Another oval vs. circuit discussion.... THAT´s boring...
Attached files
BMW SAUBER_OvalHL.set - 132 B - 113 views
Quote from Crazy Harry :Show me a 31.55

Now I said a decent driver...

Having said, that I was in the top 10 hotlap charts for the F08 pre-patch. What does that say about it's difficulty?

I'm not driving round the oval. I'd rather be sick all day quite frankly. I did enough of it when I was a noob.
At any rate, ive long lost interest in the oval myself. But i still think people saying its skillless should be beaten in the face with a 2 by 4. Might bring a tad bit sense to the equation.

And harry, i know, just get sick and tired of people taking the mick out of oval drivers.
@CK: Maybe it´s no fun for you. But it is for us. And it´s not about going around the oval alone with low times. It´s about drafting, bumpdrafting and wheel to wheel rides with 4 cars in corner. For me THAT is multiplayer racing. On circuits imho you mostly drive "alone" and use to get in front. On the oval its impossible to win a race by getting pole position and holding first place for the whole race. You MUST draft to get away from the grid. And that´s what I really enjoy in LFS/Ventrilo/FMCommunity with up to 100 members in the voice chat.

Chris_Kerry has chosen to hide his online statistics.

@all: Try it out, www.fragmaster.net/vt
Quote from Crazy Harry :@CK: Chris_Kerry has chosen to hide his online statistics.

Reason being, those statistics are for me, not anyone else who wants a dick measuring contest.
Quote from Crazy Harry :@CK: Maybe it´s no fun for you. But it is for us. And it´s not about going around the oval alone with low times. It´s about drafting, bumpdrafting and wheel to wheel rides with 4 cars in corner. For me THAT is multiplayer racing. On circuits imho you mostly drive "alone" and use to get in front. On the oval its impossible to win a race by getting pole position and holding first place for the whole race. You MUST draft to get away from the grid. And that´s what I really enjoy in LFS/Ventrilo/FMCommunity.

I have been there and done Oval racing and thoughrully enjoyed it. I did a few long distance races before FM where around. I admit theres more to just driving in a circle, drafting etc is great fun. The thing is, in the cars you use it's not as fun as it could be. Get using the GTR's. Also quite frankly the people who populate the servers are in general little boys who enjoy spamming and that annoys me.

I'm not here to slag Oval racers off, because I've done it and understand...but I've seen the light. Away from the Oval.
Right then, 4 laps and I did a 31:66. Ok not a .55 but within 4 laps, not bad if you ask me.

How many laps have you done for your .49

Oh and thats 4 laps too many if you ask me
Attached files
Oval - 4laps.spr - 69.5 KB - 102 views
#46 - th84
Ive done my share of oval racing too, back when s2 first came out. We used to have some great time's with speedo. It's not so much the racing that turn's me off, it's more the attitude of the racer's and the thing's going on in the servers. I dont mean to "take the mick" from anyone.

Call my comment's whatever you wish, it doesnt take a whole lot of skill/practice to get good at the oval. Why do you think all the nOOb's flock to it?
Quote from Chris_Kerry :I have been there and done Oval racing and thoughrully enjoyed it. I did a few long distance races before FM where around. I admit theres more to just driving in a circle, drafting etc is great fun. The thing is, in the cars you use it's not as fun as it could be. Get using the GTR's. Also quite frakly the people who populate the servers are in general little boys who enjoy spamming and that annoys me.

I'm not here to slag Oval racers off, because I've done it and understand...but I've seen the light. Away from the Oval.

Totally agree with you.
About the "little boys". The oval is easy to drive... but hard to master. MAybe a lot of people joining LFS, going to circuits, crashes a lot, go to oval and think: Hey, that´s easy. After that they go online and try to do that easy way of drive on a oval server. 8 laps, 10 beginners, thats a crash in every lap. Or even more. Thats the reason about that massive "GET OFF THE TRACK PLEASE SHIFT+S". The leaders are at the place of crash 25 seconds later. So there is no time going back on the track and trying to drive to pit. Even useless in a 8 lapper.

About the GTRs. I really love the XRR on the oval, but its very hard to get 20 people into this cars for riding the oval. Its much more difficult then the BF1 or even the FO8. We also do long races on the oval from time to time but some of our best drivers have still probs with there connection and get a timeout every 30-60 minutes. Very bad in a long race.

BTW: 28cm....diameter...

Laps on oval: 35000+
Quote from th84 :Ive done my share of oval racing too, back when s2 first came out. We used to have some great time's with speedo. It's not so much the racing that turn's me off, it's more the attitude of the racer's and the thing's going on in the servers. I dont mean to "take the mick" from anyone.

Yes the Spdo v Noobs days were great. I remember those fondly. Good people populated the oval servers back then...
Only 1 question?
Is there any sence in discussing what`s real racing, Oval,Circuit,Drag,Drift??? Well, in my opinion we are all guys which like LFS,we meet each other on different tracks and have a lot of fun together!! And that`s fact!!

Skill is required for every track and racingmode. So PLEASE STOP THESE USELESS DISCUSSION about who`s a racer and who is a noob cause he`s not racing the tracks U like!!

LFS-Racers should stay together as a community!!! Sorry guys, but where`s this community?? Don`t take it personal,but most times I only see threads which end in this useless discussion!

So what about respecting each others attitudes????

So keep it clean and have fun with LFS and Ur friends!!!

CU BlasteR

P.S. I think U will find a lot of new friends!! ;-)
Quote from Brainblaster666 :Is there any sence in discussing what`s real racing, Oval,Circuit,Drag,Drift??? Well, in my opinion we are all guys which like LFS,we meet each other on different tracks and have a lot of fun together!! And that`s fact!!

Skill is required for every track and racingmode. So PLEASE STOP THESE USELESS DISCUSSION about who`s a racer and who is a noob cause he`s not racing the tracks U like!!

LFS-Racers should stay together as a community!!! Sorry guys, but where`s this community?? Don`t take it personal,but most times I only see threads which end in this useless discussion!

So what about respecting each others attitudes????

So keep it clean and have fun with LFS and Ur friends!!!

CU BlasteR

P.S. I think U will find a lot of new friends!! ;-)

I don't see anyone not respecting each other, in fact I think we'll all agree that we are trying to see each others perspective.

So stop trying to feel hard done too and move on.

(OM) Oval Munkies Presents:
(123 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG