The online racing simulator
Great news to be getting the day before I fly to the USA.
I'm still wondering how they 'confirmed' that it was him with DNA only hours after killing him.
It takes several hours more than they used to do this in a research lab, how the hell did they do it so fast?
Quote from RasmusL :I'm still wondering how they 'confirmed' that it was him with DNA only hours after killing him.
It takes several hours more than they used to do this in a research lab, how the hell did they do it so fast?

Good point well made. Too much of this story doesn't make sense. The fact they disposed of the body so quickly is one of those reasons. Apparently it was in keeping with Islamic belief, but for years western leaders have been telling us he is not representative of a Muslim, plus if a Muslim died in the west the coroner would sit on the body until the inquest is finished, which takes a about a week. So why, when the worlds most wanted is killed, do they expedite proceedings?

I'm calling BS on this story as there is no proof of it ever happening, just words, when Sadam was caught photos of him in a hole were all over the news before they finished loading him into the back of a Hummer. Yet in this case there hasn't been anything released showing his capture/dead body. Just an old photo from 2010 which the media has been tossing around.
This happens just as the US election campaigning is starting to ramp up...? Hmm, alright...
Quote from TiJay :This happens just as the US election campaigning is starting to ramp up...? Hmm, alright...

Indeed, this is article also raises many doubts over the identity of the body they dropped into the sea.

[edit: I've just noticed he is a Saudi not a Jordanian. God knows why I though that, probably thinking of someone else.]
Quote from RasmusL :I'm still wondering how they 'confirmed' that it was him with DNA only hours after killing him.

An ordinary DNA test takes some time, but if US Army can have satellites that can see through buildings (at least that's what they claim), they probably have a few faster identity tests. I find no information as to when the operation ended, so they actually might have had couple of hours to run the tests.

Anyway, it's not like all those people who celebrate his death are gonna care, for them he's dead and dead means good...
#85 - DeKo
The body was thrown off a boat 12 hours after he was shot in the forehead. 12 hours is plenty of time to use facial recognition software and perform DNA tests to confirm it's really him.

Anyway, pretty cool photo of Obama and co watching the operation live:

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Good point well made. Too much of this story doesn't make sense. The fact they disposed of the body so quickly is one of those reasons. Apparently it was in keeping with Islamic belief, but for years western leaders have been telling us he is not representative of a Muslim, plus if a Muslim died in the west the coroner would sit on the body until the inquest is finished, which takes a about a week. So why, when the worlds most wanted is killed, do they expedite proceedings?

Whether he's representative of the typical Muslim person or not, he's still a Muslim (maybe not a good one, but he self-identified as one). If we want to avoid provoking an even more outraged response than we're likely to get, it makes sense to give his burial as much respect as possible without making it look like we're apologizing for his actions. Why would an autopsy be necessary when the dude was shot in the face? I think they have a pretty good idea of what killed him.

Conspiracy theorists are goddamn exhausting.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Indeed, this is article also raises many doubts over the identity of the body they dropped into the sea.

[edit: I've just noticed he is a Saudi not a Jordanian. God knows why I though that, probably thinking of someone else.]

Burying him on land would be stupid for a number of reasons, the most important being that it could easily become a pilgrimage destination for similarly minded individuals.
And for the record, I find the jubilant celebrations in the streets over here a bit weird. I get that it's a cathartic moment for many people (particularly those who lost loved ones on 9/11), but I don't see it changing much of anything in the long run. It's not like all terrorists are bees and he was the queen.

Moreover (and I risk sounding like a huge pussy here, but whatever), it just seems to be in incredibly bad taste. When people on death row are executed, the family of the victims don't typically start waving pennants and chanting. It's a solemn occasion, and I feel like this should be as well. Obama did an okay job of balancing that feeling in his speech, but a bunch of drunk frat bros waving flags and puking on themselves kind of counterbalances that.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Burying him on land would be stupid for a number of reasons, the most important being that it could easily become a pilgrimage destination for similarly minded individuals.

But no matter what they do with the body there will be ALOT of pissed off followers that will seek revenge and I don't think burying Osama in accordance with his faith will make them think otherwise.
Quote from 91mason91 :But no matter what they do with the body there will be ALOT of pissed off followers that will seek revenge and I don't think burying Osama in accordance with his faith will make them think otherwise.

Sure, but better not to give them even more reasons to be pissed AND a physical focal point at which to turn him into an ongoing martyr.
#91 - DeKo
Quote from 91mason91 :But no matter what they do with the body there will be ALOT of pissed off followers that will seek revenge and I don't think burying Osama in accordance with his faith will make them think otherwise.

Of course not, but by burying him in accordance with the Quran it's stopped a massive shitstorm from all Muslims, not just the fanatical idiots.
Quote from DeKo :Of course not, but by burying him in accordance with the Quran it's stopped a massive shitstorm from all Muslims, not just the fanatical idiots.

But according to the Ichaps the BBC talked to, chucking him into the sea before seeking out someone who is willing to give him a land based burial is not in-keeping with their faith. The military jumped the gun slightly, given the body was flown from Pakistan, to Afghan and then to the Arabian Sea, you're talking a good 8-10 hours travel time by helicopter, chuck in the fact the operation took about an hour, then refuel time and time to ID the body (by the way, a DNA test from a siblings DNA only proves a relative match, which means it could be a son, brother, father, cousin, etc. so isn't definitive proof), we're pretty much at the 12 hour point already. Which pretty much means they decided what they was doing with the body straight away.

Of course most Muslims wouldn't give a flying **** about his death, the reactions in the states would enrage a few, to quote Martin Luther King Jnr.

Quote from Martin Luther King Jnr :I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy.

#93 - DeKo
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :But according to the Ichaps the BBC talked to, chucking him into the sea before seeking out someone who is willing to give him a land based burial is not in-keeping with their faith. The military jumped the gun slightly, given the body was flown from Pakistan, to Afghan and then to the Arabian Sea, you're talking a good 8-10 hours travel time by helicopter, chuck in the fact the operation took about an hour, then refuel time and time to ID the body (by the way, a DNA test from a siblings DNA only proves a relative match, which means it could be a son, brother, father, cousin, etc. so isn't definitive proof), we're pretty much at the 12 hour point already. Which pretty much means they decided what they was doing with the body straight away.

Of course most Muslims wouldn't give a flying **** about his death, the reactions in the states would enrage a few, to quote Martin Luther King Jnr.

They offered the body to Saudi, who refused. What other country would want Bin Ladens body to be buried in their country and it becoming a shrine for terrorists? There is no country that would want that, so the Sea was the only option, to conform to the Quran.

There is a passage in the Quran which says something along the lines of "if there is a chance of enemies digging up the body, or no suitable resting place on land, burial at sea is cushty".
Quote from DeadWolfBones :And for the record, I find the jubilant celebrations in the streets over here a bit weird.

I find it as nauseating as the scenes of Arabs dancing in the streets celebrating the death of Westerners.
Quote from The Moose :I find it as nauseating as the scenes of Arabs dancing in the streets celebrating the death of Westerners.

I wouldn't go that far. In this case there's at least a sense of justice done (though I know this is debatable depending on your perspective), which can't be reasonably said about an act of terrorism that killed 3,000+ people in a single stroke. But yes, I can understand the sentiment behind that statement. I don't think any intentional taking of life should be applauded, even if it's deemed "necessary."
I agree with DeadWolfBones on many points

To me, this is first and formost a political event. Like major. That said, it's been barely a day and this is probably
the most bullshit prone news of the decade so it'll take time to know what really happened, that is, the closest
we can come to the most probable outcome.

First thing i thought was, this is a movie. Visions of navy seals in black helis in the night...life imitating art. Most
of the details i've read so far seem spoon-fed to me perhaps because of how they are relativement consistent
in the maybe 50 or so articles ive read so far (from varied sources as much as possible). Obama mentionning this
mission being layed out since last august, all this well executed plan seems very credible, in a hollywood movie at
least. Still, i'd like to believe there really are some guys capable of doing this, and actually did. They made a plan,
they took their time, they made the hit count and it worked. It's not that far fetched honestly. Makes you wonder
why we sends thousands in plain sight sometimes.

To me the question would be why wasn't it done sooner ? I mean Obama didnt start from scratch, the USA government
had decades of back intel from the Bush years, and much further back, Bin Laden family diplomatic ties, helping afgans
repel the russians which is where they became associated with 'helping/arming/enabling' Osama, who had become this
sort of hero for the 'locals', at least that's how the story goes.

It'll do as previous have in this thread and mention how this is how i see it with the info i've had. I don't think anyone
here has access to actual classified documents, even then, he couldn't divulge it so...there.

Anyways, to continue on my opening idea, one of the first thing that came to mind when i heard this news was Osama
calling Bush. I lol'd. That's gotta be a kick in the nuts. This is politically a big thing for Obama, especially considering he
just discredited Trump and his senile ranting about his birth certificate (somehow i imagine Trump and Sheen would get
along great. Someone should introduce them, but im wandering off the topic..). Someone mentionned coming elections,
democrats have never been the 'pro-war' party but this single action actually means more and might get a few republican
votes.

On a related note...
I often hear about how big news are the best time to release bad news hoping it gets lost in the hype of the big news and
people won't notice or care. First thing i found, kadafi's (F*#@ the spelling) son was killed. Actually, NATO bombed a
'communications' building that just so happened to have kadafi and is son and grand-kids and bla bla, stories dont say
much, but all confirm one of his son dead. This would have been big news but i had to look for it, it's not in any local media.
That's just one. Conspiracy theorists can start having flashes now....Obama is a cover up for something bad going down under
our noses, they are all in on it !!! ohh nooess !!!

Maybe it's this...
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Project_Blue_Beam
It really does sound like a Hollywood movie script.. i'm into that stuff so even if it's all fake it just sounds so badass
Operation LFS Forum:

1. Go to where they dumped Osama's body.
2. Find the body.
3. Do a DNA match.
4. ???
5. Profit.
PMD, overused Meme is overused.

Fonnybone, nice post after a fair old absence.

After reading all of that the most pressing issue I have is how you get your text to only go out halfway. There are whiffs of Hollywood I must admit and wouldn't be surprised if Jack Bauer pops up and goes "Mr President, target is dead".

Be careful what you link to though, wouldn't want to think you've gone a bit "woohoo" like old Racer X.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :PMD, overused Meme is overused.

Only way I could express how to solve this big dilemna we are having.

Osama Bin Ladens body has been found.
(265 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG