The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
i was practising at sebring with the corvette and the fastest i could get was 1'58.5 dont know how they get 1'55's

track is VERY bumpy tho, i had to soften the car right up.
urgh :| you could have told me to save the replay an hour before

1:54.8 with a mistake on the straight, but i tell you that car feels so uncontrollable :|
site back up, updates available

download quick at moment as presumably not many people realise it's available
Quote from tinvek :site back up, updates available

download quick at moment as presumably not many people realise it's available

Awesome, just in time for me to go home and try it on my lunch break.
And now I get home and it looks like the site is down...
yep, still okyama looked good before it went down

all the skippies will need reskinning though, one of my side pods was on the nose now
Managed to get some laps around okayama before the site went back down. Track is pretty flat but has some small undulations going into and coming out of turns which make the corners a bit better than if it was just totally flat. Most corners are pretty long too so it is perfect track for the skippy to practise pedal techniques. Track is also very smooth and kerbs seem to be very forgiving and you don't get 1x like you do in spa if you drive over the green stuff.

Not very exciting track to drive tbh but probably good for racing because of lots of opportunities to go 2 wide in many places and few nice spots for switch backs too.

Maybe a bit too fast track for the skippy but the track seems pretty spot on for quicker gt cars and alike. It is pretty much a japanese version of watkins glen and very similar to drive with similar type of corners.
anyone manage to try out sebring at night?

i had a quick couple laps but i didnt think it was really dark enough.. im sure if i altered my gamma then yea it would look better but im handicapping myself.
Quote :- Only cars that have a starter motor can start or restart a stalled engine any time you want. To start a car with no starter motor it must either be in the correct pitstall or in your gridstall prior to the race beginning, where the pitcrew is available to start your motor on request. So, if you turn off or otherwise stall your Williams FW31, Dallara, Sprint Car, or Silver Crown during a race, you will need to tow back to your pitstall to get going again. Note that the anti-stall clutch aid typically prevents a car from stalling during driving conditions, so make sure you don't go turning the car off when out on track

Wait... what? does this mean cars are stallable? Did I miss something by being away or what?
Nope, cars aren't stallable.

This build is great, IMO. Sebring night is unbelievable, Okayama is a great track, I am getting better overall FPS and no more stutter, and it has also fixed the FFB bug I had with a couple of cars. Can't ask for more.
i just cant get any of the cars to handle decently, they are all really snappy and i just cant be consistant.

really frustrating atm with that and the fact i cant use sequential gears propperly yet..
Just tried the Okayama track.

What a great circuit, nice flowing corners and quite wide.
yep it's a great track with a nasty sting in the tail with the tigher bends towards the end of the lap, williams is fantastic round there
... I will send pictures of me in a Bikini to anyone that buys me Sebring.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :... I will send pictures of me in a Bikini to anyone that buys me Sebring.

me to here is a picture, now I want my sebring.

To bad they didn´t gave us nightrace on the okayama track too. Didn´t try it yet but it seems to be a hell of a track. :up:

LOL!

Wow.

Anyway, that Sebring onboard looks amazing - other cars on track must be epic; I'll have to hop in a practice this weekend!

Is that really how far the light throw is IRL? Doesn't seem very far on the overhead, but hey, I don't know. You better know the track with your eyes closed though :P
The visibility is a bit better in the actual Game. It didnt come out 1:1 i see. Usually you don't get to notice the night status if you once are into the track&car.

edit: if any of you got an idea what this might be halp mee http://members.iracing.com/jfo ... list/1470880.page#3330419
It's cool sometimes to put an LFS name to an iRacing name, I was in a server with you last night moaning about the pit speed limiter I'l have to play some more and see if I get a similar issue, I haven't reallly been paying much attention to FPS but I'l do a few laps and have a look.

Also, it seems that you can run a little bit of Javascript on the car number select page and make it accept 3 numbers, anyone got a clue with Javascript? Everyone is obviously a little cagey to post it in the iracing forums.
Quote from baSh0r :The visibility is a bit better in the actual Game. It didnt come out 1:1 i see. Usually you don't get to notice the night status if you once are into the track&car.

edit: if any of you got an idea what this might be halp mee http://members.iracing.com/jfo ... list/1470880.page#3330419

There is a program, I don't quite recall the name, which records your cpu usage etc. After a spike you could tab out and see if there is anything unusual going on. I had a similar problem in LFS once and it turned out to be a certain program going ballistic every 5 minutes or so and using up 100% cpu power. If you google for a cpu logger or something similar I'm sure you'll find a program that does the trick.
I've already done that, sadly it didn't show any connection. IF or if i not use any programs in the background, thats why i am so shocked why this is maintaining.
So quick question. I just go to 4.0 Rookie now im D 3.42 if i do the 4 races before Monday ill jump to C right?

Also to run in a multi car series i have to have the other car even if i dont drive it right?
that is correct, unless you go to D / 4.0 before Monday, then you instantly promote
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG