The online racing simulator
New Test Patch (not VWS or S3)
(235 posts, closed, started )
i think LFS shold go from racing sim to driving sim something like ms flight sim just driving
Quote from mxpxun :i think LFS shold go from racing sim to driving sim something like ms flight sim just driving

No.
Quote from Krane :Huh?

Quote from Scawen :The story behind the new patch :

A few weeks ago I was working on some track editor improvements that Eric had requested[...]

no after z30 you cant fly like ms flight.

Better keep it as a Race Simulator, i dont need any Traffic Lamp, have enough of them in real life.
shift+u :bounce8:
#81 - 65D
- fps supposed to be increased. dropped.
- white-red walls still launching to moon.
- crashing someone is worse.
- configs are not that funny expect some specific ones. several routes are totally unusable example at South City
- those new routes (fern bay gold straight) is unrealisticly suspension killer shit thingy
- only minioval appeared to show some fun... until few hours
- on open config tracks, no rubber, no flags, no positions, no lfsw times = nothing interesting
- no VWS, no tyre physics

And you all are just spamming "thank you"?
Thank you very much Scawen
Quote from 65D :- fps supposed to be increased. dropped.
- on open config tracks, no rubber, no flags, no positions, no lfsw times = nothing interesting
- no VWS, no tyre physics

And you all are just spamming "thank you"?

- I see a 10fps increase on normal tracks. While a 50% less fps on open configs (from 200 fps to 100fps)
- On open configs you can make your own track, if that means "nothing interesting" to you is your own problem, not ours.
- No physics is logical, as this is a test patch, and it is better to test things at small packages, so you can track any bug easier.
- No VWS or S3 content won't be on a test patch untill the final test phase (if they get released into a test patch)
There is not any update to thepi collisions between two cars, so it cant be worse.
#85 - 65D
Quote from Whiskey :On open configs you can make your own track

Incorrect. On open configs you can just set the buggy walls to create the track path to the old track areas. "Your own track" sounds and is only dreaming.

Quote from 65D :Incorrect. On open configs you can just set the buggy walls to create the track path to the old track areas. "Your own track" sounds and is only dreaming.

Start + checkpoint1 + checkpoint2 + checkpoint3 + finnish line = a track (where you can actually do more than just 1 lap)
Quote from morpha :Eric requested the changes to the engine that allow the open configurations, I think it's safe to assume he's got something.

Well this isn't completely accurate. Eric requested changes to the track editor (as you quoted), but it was Victor requesting changes to Shift+U mode to help with LFS Record that led to open configurations. Final point stands though, Eric is obviously working on stuff, and has been to the point where he found stuff he couldn't do (easily?) with the track editor as it used to be.
Quote from 65D :Incorrect. On open configs you can just set the buggy walls to create the track path to the old track areas. "Your own track" sounds and is only dreaming.

Barriers are not buggy anymore.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Barriers are not buggy anymore.

But metal walls from other side(non-ordinary side) will give you flight anyway.
*see attachment
Attached images
lfs_00000789.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Thank you for this - it was nice to watch on my day off!

I'm glad I brought you a drop of joy.
There might be some bugs somewhere and you need to understand that. But anyways its nice to see some updates and i find new track configs very interesting, thanks!
Wonder what cops on cruise servers are giong to do when the suspect flies to the rallycross sections, as most of the cops use GTR cars. I tried driving an FXR on the rallycross track on FE, and it went really bad.

Police companies will go bankrupt. Problem cadetfags?

Quote from Ni-san :Wonder what cops on cruise servers are giong to do when the suspect flies to the rallycross sections, as most of the cops use GTR cars. I tried driving an FXR on the rallycross track on FE, and it went really bad.

Don't want to start some nonsense offtopic,but actually with proper setup and driver behind the wheel, FXR is the fastest car on rallycross tracks. I have done BL2 under 1 minute,which seems quite impossible for other cars...
Quote from Eclipsed :Don't want to start some nonsense offtopic,but actually with proper setup and driver behind the wheel, FXR is the fastest car on rallycross tracks. I have done BL2 under 1 minute,which seems quite impossible for other cars...

Common sense tells me perfect rallycross setup would be horrible for tarmac, especially tight-corner and long-straight parts (and vice versa).
Quote from [Audi TT] :Sorry for offtopic.
With the release of the test patch, he decided to try to shift + U. Of course not familiar at first, but you can shoot those shots. I liked this innovation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RWwyZZ6V6Y

I just wanted to say that was the best video I've seen of LFS in a long time. Really shows just how good even this 'old S2' engine is even with it's 'bugged tire physics' it is on it's worse day better then any other simulator out there.
Slow-mo road car videos are always impressive because you really get to look at how much the suspension works and the tyres deform. Makes it much easier to appreciate what the devs have already accomplished.
Quote from Ni-san :Wonder what cops on cruise servers are giong to do when the suspect flies to the rallycross sections, as most of the cops use GTR cars. I tried driving an FXR on the rallycross track on FE, and it went really bad.

Police companies will go bankrupt. Problem cadetfags?

I guess they'll be sending their monster units (RB4) to take the rascals down.
Quote from Rappa Z :Slow-mo road car videos are always impressive because you really get to look at how much the suspension works and the tyres deform. Makes it much easier to appreciate what the devs have already accomplished.

Such moments do not notice when driving online. I also like such work.
Neat!
This is very cool! I'm enjoying it a great deal.

That said, I wonder if this is the kind of interim release that indicates a serious snag in development.

If so: Thank you Scawen!
If not: Thank you Scawen!
This thread is closed

New Test Patch (not VWS or S3)
(235 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG