The online racing simulator
The accelerometer toggle does nothing
I just drove into a red and white barrier full chat and didn't jump over the moon! I also had a bit of a sex wee incident when I saw the ramps were available on all tracks.
SO5x

Bit of the barrier missing.

Also, I managed to get myself launched in the air hitting the red/white barrier. Although it might just have been because of the angle? See the second image. Do you want the replay?
Attached images
SO5x barrier.jpg
redwhite.jpg
Quote from vistaman :Scawen, i found a bug about that unlocked section on Fern Bay, beside the road, on grass u fall underworld when you try to drive on the grass. Is there any way to fix or do you have to do a track update?

Yes, that was reported. It's on my bug list but I don't know the answer yet.
Thanks Scavier!
Quote from Scawen :LFS uses the current path position to avoid drawing distant skid marks, so I guess that's why they aren't drawn at the moment. I hope they will not slow down the frame rate too much if enabled.

Whoops, I assumed this was what you meant by "racing rubber," but I guess I should have thought more carefully before acting like I knew what I was talking about.
Also, when selecting tracks if previously selected track is X or Y everything is ok, but if you click some normal or reversed config, X and Y buttons disappear.

EDIT: Paint skillz fail
Attached images
LFS_Track_select_bug_1.JPG
LFS_Track_select_bug_2.JPG
Quote from Joku123 :Also, when selecting tracks if previously selected track is X or Y everything is ok, but if you click some normal or reversed config, X and Y buttons disappear.

The open configs are only supposed to appear if one is already selected or CTRL key is pressed down.
Quote from Scawen :Yes, that was reported already. It's on my list with the other bugs but I don't know the answer yet.

Alright. I dont know if this was reported too. Could you close it there because its like hitting barriers where u flew with the old patch.

Yeah! What a pleasure!

But, It's me or on open tracks, tyres mark on the track doesnt appear?
Cool cruise patch bro
Quote from Boypower :Could not open file : data\skins\HEL_DEFAULT.jpg

?? Help please

Much appreciated.

Please, Scawen. Try to help me mate? Or anyone else!
Quote from vistaman :Alright. I dont know if this was reported too. Could you close it there because its like hitting barriers where u flew with the old patch.

[IMG 1 /]
[IMG 1 /]

That's the best place in Fern Bay, don't close it!

*hint* Maybe in the future we could have those metal fences as layout objects?
Quote from vistaman :Alright. I dont know if this was reported too. Could you close it there because its like hitting barriers where u flew with the old patch.

Well... that is a good point, but it's really the problem with these auto-generated open configs, because the original tracks weren't designed with this in mind.

That would be easy to fix with a track update (that would cause incompatibility) but it's not easy to add things to fix these without a track update. I am assuming that people who create layouts will close these holes themselves. We'll check future track releases to make sure their open configs work well.
Thank you Scawen! Thank you very much!
Quote from Boypower :Please, Scawen. Try to help me mate? Or anyone else!

E: Save the attached file in .../lfs/skins_dds and try again.
(See Scawen's reply below)

Related (but not test patch related): LFS will show the error message saying "Could not open file: data\skins\HEL_DEFAULT.jpg" if you've deleted the "HEL_Default.dds" from the lfs/skins_dds folder.

Is it meant to say ".jpg", as AFAIK there are no xxx_default.jpg files in the default install (the default files are as xxx_default.dds). Thought I might be wrong here.
Attached files
HEL_DEFAULT.dds - 170.8 KB - 361 views
Quote from Boypower :Please, Scawen. Try to help me mate? Or anyone else!

That sounds like you have installed the patch in the wrong place.

The new exe you unzipped needs to be in the same place as your original Z28 LFS.exe.
Quote from Scawen :Well... that is a good point, but it's really the problem with these auto-generated open configs, because they weren't designed to be used this way.

That would be easy to fix with a track update (that would cause incompatibility) but it's not easy to add things to fix these without an update. I am assuming that people who create layouts will close these holes themselves.

Then for all those layout-creators:

Another hole is in South City next to the Sprint 2 start.
Quote from DevilDare :
I managed to get myself launched in the air hitting the red/white barrier. Although it might just have been because of the angle? See the second image. Do you want the replay?

Incase you missed it.

Although I think I recall you saying that if hit at a right angle it will still catapult you, no? If so, ignore this.

Good patch.
Flight. We still have to work with barriers. And so the wall is dangerous crash) prekrepleny screenshot and repeat.
Attached images
LFS 2011-04-23 01-20-49-48.jpg
Attached files
Audi TT+AlkoSpirt_BL1_UFR.spr - 15.7 KB - 339 views
Eeee!!! :d
If I where not at work for the next 38 hours, I would be doing nothing but testing this!
Quote from Silverracer :E: Save the attached file in .../lfs/skins_dds and try again.
(See Scawen's reply below)

Related: LFS will show the error message saying "Could not open file: data\skins\HEL_DEFAULT.jpg" if you've deleted the "HEL_Default.dds" from the lfs/skins_dds folder.

Is it meant to say ".jpg", as AFAIK there are no xxx_default.jpg files in the default install (the default files are as xxx_default.dds). Thought I might be wrong here.

Thanks for trying! Much appreciated.

Quote from Scawen :That sounds like you have installed the patch in the wrong place.

The new exe you unzipped needs to be in the same place as your original Z28 LFS.exe.

Ah, working now. Thanks a lot for responding to everyone's questions, problems and reports, especially mine :P I'm such a newb when it comes to installing stuff. Thanks again, Scawen!
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG