The online racing simulator
Driving habits poll
(150 posts, started )

Poll : Click all that apply

Sim/non-sim racer before getting a driving licence
Speeding
Attempts to pass driving test 1
Take risks (overtaking, fast acceleration)
Use mobile while driving
Stopped by police
Years driven 1-4
Years driven 5<
Ran a red light in the past 12 months
Scare others while driving
Suffer road rage
Years driven 0-1
Driven the wrong way down a one-way-street
Hit a stationary object while parking
Made an insurance claim for an accident (twasn't me)
Accidentally clipped a car but kept quiet
Attempts to pass driving test 2
Made an insurance claim for an accident (my fault)
Number of prangs (i.e. Collisions/crashes) in the past 12 months
Attempts to pass driving test 3<
I don't get who is trolling, unless all of you are. I'm just stating my opinion, so maybe you lot should stop the trololol.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :
Made an insurance claim for an accident (twasn't me) - Yes, car pulled out in front of me on a main road, needing half a new front end. Found in my favour after many weeks of insurance assessors and solicitors.

I've never quite understood why cases like this take so long to resolve. Surely as long as you weren't speeding then it's obviously the other driver's fault? I cant think of a situation where a car should legitamately pull into a main road from a side road into a position where an oncoming car wouldn't be able to stop in time (or would even have to brake significantly at all).
Why are you doing that? I like that song!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I do take responsibility. If (doubtful it will) anything happens, I'll take the fault for it.

Whats the point for taking the blaim and responsibility when you ran someone over due to a text message while driving ?
It just doesnt sink in with you. You play with lives for that idotic text message you have to do while driving. Has nothing to do with taking responsibility after.

You actually saying that you rather ruin someones live because you must text message while driving a car. Now that is showing some responsibilty !!!

Get a grip dude you really should go back to driving school. They shouldnt take the N down from you. Which doesnt mean novice but in your case NOOB.
It's funny Neils, I just got rid of my Novice sign today. I passed my test.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I've never quite understood why cases like this take so long to resolve. Surely as long as you weren't speeding then it's obviously the other driver's fault? I cant think of a situation where a car should legitamately pull into a main road from a side road into a position where an oncoming car wouldn't be able to stop in time (or would even have to brake significantly at all).

She pulled out turning right across another lane that had stopped traffic. A car flashed her to go out, and she didn't even glance my way. I was braking from ~60 km/h, I started as soon as I saw the nose of her car, but I hit the back left corner as she was halfway turned. The problem was she pulled in 50 yards up the road, as she claimed she didn't notice the crash, even though her rear bumper had disintegrated. Thankfully I took a photo at the time before my car was moved, which showed it stopped in the centre of the road directly across from the junction with two dirty black skidmarks approx 10 metres behind me. Gards were called out, said speed wasn't a factor, took two statements and said it was a civil matter, and fecked off.

She later claimed (presumably after talking to a solicitor) that she was fully turned when the collision occurred, and that I must have been excessively speeding, so it must be my fault. This led to many many weeks of giving statements and showing the damage to assessors, who decided there was no way her car was straightened up when I hit it. And then many more weeks of actually getting the compensation off her insurance company, who decided they weren't accepting liability, on the grounds that their client said not to pay out. A solicitor's letter eventually sorted that out.

What I don't get is that she admitted liability to the Gards at the time, she said "I didn't even look, I didn't see him" in her statement. This is supposedly the one thing you never ever do at the scene and nothing came of it I don't mind that it took so long really, my solicitor added 3 months car rental into the claim for the amount of time the insurance company stalled. I was still driving my car away though
"Fast Accelerating" isn't technically a risk, no more of a risk than getting in a car in the first place. However overtaking can be!
Everyone keeps posting videos. It doesn't make sense. I haven't crashed yet.

Posted on an iPhone on Trans-Canada Highway at 90 km/h.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Posted on an iPhone on Trans-Canada Highway at 90 km/h.

I still cant work out if you actually think your being funny/clever or if you are simply a complete and utter c***
Quote from niels1 :Well look at this video and think about what you said here in this thread.
That you are able to take your mind of driving for a few seconds.
You cant !!!!. Simple as that. Now watch the video and it makes sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... p;feature=player_embedded

As much as I agree that people do a lot of dumb things while driving, videos like this one actually make the situation worse. About 50 % of accidents that take place there are not the driver's fault and the rest of them just makes me laugh. It's no wonder people keep don't take it seriously when it's presented like this.
More facts and actual demonstrations of how certain things affect your performance while driving instead of this mayhem, gallons of tears and spectacular crashes would be much more effective...
Yet the video makes perfect sense. Simple message is, keep your eyes on the road.

I've crashed into the back of a car (luckily at a low speed) because i was looking at my radio for a second... while the car in front of me stopped, to let a pedestrian cross the road.

I've nearly drove off a street because of writing a text message.

I still do it occasionally (looking at the phone, etc), but i admit it's bad and can be VERY dangerous. If you argue against that, you're just a bit stupid to be honest (directed at dustin).
In town, sure it's a bad idea because conditions do change very rapidly (pedestrians, cars stop, construction, emergency vehicles).. but on a highway, where lanes are gaping and margin of error is measured in months. I could probably write an essay before I crash.
You cannot predict the unexpected. I have seen a lot of nasty wrecks because a tyre let go, the last crash was because the driver didn't see some debris on the road which ripped off the whole front right quarter, sending him uncontrollably off the road.

I have no idea what caused him to not notice the debris, but all it takes is a small lapses of concentration and you find yourself under the wheels of a lorry.

Chances are you'll cover hundreds of thousands of miles and nothing goes wrong. But look at it like this, the guys in bomb squads can get lucky and defuse hundreds if not thousands of bombs without issue. Some will turn into pink mist first time in the field. It is dangerous business and you cannot predict what will happen.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :In town, sure it's a bad idea because conditions do change very rapidly (pedestrians, cars stop, construction, emergency vehicles).. but on a highway, where lanes are gaping and margin of error is measured in months. I could probably write an essay before I crash.

Unless something unexpected happens, not like the list of things that could go wrong is short. Doesn't necessarily have to be something crazy, like people throwing stuff from bridges, or jumping onto the highway to commit suicide (but both these things happen), someone could lose their cargo, or experience some sort of sudden defect. Hell, someone could simply have a heart attack and become completely unpredictable as a result.

Granted, most of things that can go wrong on the highway produce a lot of noise before contact with your vehicle occurs, but even then you lose at least a second reacting and are less likely to react correctly.

Psycho beat me to it but I had this written already so ima post it anyway :P
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Chances are you'll cover hundreds of thousands of miles and nothing goes wrong. But look at it like this, the guys in bomb squads can get lucky and defuse hundreds if not thousands of bombs without issue. Some will turn into pink mist first time in the field. It is dangerous business and you cannot predict what will happen.

*snore*
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :
Chances are you'll cover hundreds of thousands of miles and nothing goes wrong. But look at it like this, the guys in bomb squads can get lucky and defuse hundreds if not thousands of bombs without issue. Some will turn into pink mist first time in the field. It is dangerous business and you cannot predict what will happen.

They choose that as their job. Many here choose to not look off the road while driving, while some multi-task while driving.

At the end of the day, it's a choice, with no difference than a simple opinion. Last time I checked people are entitled to their opinions, so Dustin and whoever can text in one hand and wank with the other, just keep the **** away from me in the process.
I think the survey is from the article is flawed, but I'll do the one here just for fun.
Quote from PMD9409 :At the end of the day, it's a choice, with no difference than a simple opinion. Last time I checked people are entitled to their opinions, so Dustin and whoever can text in one hand and wank with the other, just keep the **** away from me in the process.

It's against the law, which people are free to have their opinions about, but must still abide by.

€: It is here, not sure about Canada.
It's a 167$ fine and a 3 point penalty (which as I already have a 3 point penalty from speeding) I lose my licence and get charge another $1000.

I'll still be texting or MSNing a girl on my drive home from work.
Attempts to pass driving test 1

I went to do my driving test 2 weeks ago. He failed me because '' i didn't check my blind spot WHILE turning ''

Driving habits poll
(150 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG