The online racing simulator
Quote from marcione :soon ?

soon .... like: early 2009?

You haven't read it, have you?
Quote from Scawen :If all goes well, it should be possible to release this as a test patch within one to two weeks. There are a few things left on my list, including VOB mod protection and some small InSim updates. I am aiming for one week - I do want to get back to the physics - but I know that finishing things off sometimes takes longer than expected.

Yes, good information!
I'm glad it's coming!

'...allowing you to drive anywhere'

Even on the bridge in BL1?
But if area has more than one start line and pit lane (kyoto, aston, fern bay), will it be possible to choose which one to use in open track mode?

The obvious stuff:
This patch is going to be awesome, custom track layouts and proper barriers, I can't wait !! !! You guys are the best!
DAMMIT

I really need to get a computer that will run LFS at a decent FPS, been meaning to get once since October :doh:. I haven't tried but maybe an i3 processor, integrated graphics and 3GB RAM will get me 30 fps on low settings.

It might have been mentioned somewhere, but I fail at reading. With the open track on tracks with multiple pit lanes, will both pitlanes be in operation (i.e. working pit boxes)?
inb4 "Test patch postponed"
yeaaaaaaaaaaah

:tempted:
:monkey:
:huepfenic
:bump:
:bananalla
:wmann3:
gotta love this update
Great!!! Now that's what i call one hell of an incentive to pull my wheel out of storage and dust it off!!!
Quote from JO53PHS :With the open track on tracks with multiple pit lanes, will both pitlanes be in operation (i.e. working pit boxes)?

Mabye depending on the track code you selected (with the default pits for the code)?

i.e. Ky2x will use the oval pits where as Ky3x will use the other pits (both will have the same drivable area as mentioned...)
Quote :- Collision detection and reporting system (via InSim)

Excellent Scawen, just excellent.

Major improvement to online play!
Damn!
Open tracks + better collision (red barriers) system will create A LOT of new "venues"
Gonna be pretty cool!

Thanks a million
- Improved collisions with unmovable objects (e.g. red barriers)
- Open track configurations allowing you to drive anywhere

AWESOME, looking forward to try it out.. Thank you...
Okay, I just went into the general discussion and clicked the top thread without checking the title, then my mind got B L O W N
Quote from Silverracer :Mabye depending on the track code you selected (with the default pits for the code)?

i.e. Ky2x will use the oval pits where as Ky3x will use the other pits (both will have the same drivable area as mentioned...)

Correct.
Quote from Silverracer :Imagine all the Aston configs that you can come up with... :goodvibes
Edit: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=38051

Theres the post you were waiting for all this time...

I'll be making a thread in the AutoX section when this patch comes out and hopefully will have all those done etc. Just need someone that can do the outlines for me.
Just curios - will this give access to that mini oval at Fern Bay?
this made my day at least some good news today...all the bad luck was worth it if it brought a new patch

and does this mean we can now use the piece of track on FE which isnt part of any track? you know that one after green chicane...that would be cool
damn: post above this asks the same question
Quote from Eclipsed :Just curious - will this give access to that mini oval at Fern Bay?

Just adding: Or some "secret tracks" in parts of south city?
Quote from Inouva :Cool, now i can test Kyoto national with Kyoto Long gp , this open tracks things gona bring a bunch of new combos, adding more "Tracks" to the game

How is gona work the race line ( pressing 4 ) now?. is disable when using a "new" track combo or is gona be autoupdate?

Open configurations have : no racing line / no racing line rubber / no wrong way detection / no limited object drawing lists / no echo map / no light map / no blue or yellow flags.

Quote from franky500 :So if a (we'll call it Z29 for now) Client connects to a Z28 host, What will be disabled / unusable.

I am guessing the Max objects and open track configurations would not be usable. also the additional Insim collision packet etc. Anything else?

The VOB mod protection and longer InSim packets need a new version host as well.

Quote from EQ Worry :I am speechless, so far the changes look fantastic! I really cannot wait to see it all in action, especially the InSim things (longer messages, collisions [hopefully also with other objects than cars?])! Please allow me just two (really, 2) more wishes very high on my wish list:

I am going to write a thread in the programmer section, because I'd like you to have a look at the collision detection packet. I know you also want a traction control detection from your old thread. Please could you post your suggestions in there when I start that thread, though we need to keep it to the minimum.

Quote from Eclipsed :This is what I like at most,adding possibility of custom starting grids and custom pits would make it perfect! Anyway - now we can have "KY4" - endurance track!

Quote from KiRmelius :But if area has more than one start line and pit lane (kyoto, aston, fern bay), will it be possible to choose which one to use in open track mode?

Quote from JO53PHS :DAMMIT

I really need to get a computer that will run LFS at a decent FPS, been meaning to get once since October :doh:. I haven't tried but maybe an i3 processor, integrated graphics and 3GB RAM will get me 30 fps on low settings.

It might have been mentioned somewhere, but I fail at reading. With the open track on tracks with multiple pit lanes, will both pitlanes be in operation (i.e. working pit boxes)?

Quote from Silverracer :Mabye depending on the track code you selected (with the default pits for the code)?

Exatcly, that's why the open configurations are like AS2X / AS3Y - so you can choose the existing start grid / pits / start lights combinations, forward or reversed.

So, if you want to use an open configuration, first you consider which existing grid and pits you want to use. Then add X or Y to choose the forward or reversed option.
Nice News, looking foward to it!
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG