The online racing simulator
Driving habits poll
(150 posts, started )

Poll : Click all that apply

Sim/non-sim racer before getting a driving licence
Speeding
Attempts to pass driving test 1
Take risks (overtaking, fast acceleration)
Use mobile while driving
Stopped by police
Years driven 1-4
Years driven 5<
Ran a red light in the past 12 months
Scare others while driving
Suffer road rage
Years driven 0-1
Driven the wrong way down a one-way-street
Hit a stationary object while parking
Made an insurance claim for an accident (twasn't me)
Accidentally clipped a car but kept quiet
Attempts to pass driving test 2
Made an insurance claim for an accident (my fault)
Number of prangs (i.e. Collisions/crashes) in the past 12 months
Attempts to pass driving test 3<
Quote from The Moose :Driving is a privilege.

Unfortunately not, it's taken as a right nowadays. Here's a recent case where a provisionally licensed driver (who had previously been found guilty of a hit and run, as it happens) struck and killed a pedestrian. Surely worthy of losing the license, maybe a couple of points, possibly a spell in prison? Nah, just a €500 fine. The car behind her saw the pedestrian, and anticipated her stopping, but nope, she didn't brake until she hit the pedestrian. Her defence?

Quote :In court she accepted there was nothing obscuring her view but added 'I wouldn't have driven into the woman if I'd seen her.'

This is the kind of shit we have on our roads

FWIW:

Stopped by police - Regularly stopped by unmarked traffic corps, simply because of the car, maybe once a fortnight at the moment. Nothing ever comes of these stops, it's just a stop to look at license and insurance.

Use mobile while driving - Yes, I text occasionally. I realise it's illegal and I shouldn't, but it's habit. To my knowledge it hasn't affected my driving so far, it's generally just when I'm stopped in traffic or at the lights or whatever. If I absolutely have to take a call, it goes on loudspeaker and the phone goes on the dash.

Made an insurance claim for an accident (my fault) - Nope

Made an insurance claim for an accident (twasn't me) - Yes, car pulled out in front of me on a main road, needing half a new front end. Found in my favour after many weeks of insurance assessors and solicitors.

Ran a red light in the past 12 months - Yes, regularly if I'm going home in the early hours. Outside of the city where there's maybe two cars an hour, I refuse to wait for a light to change. They should be purely sensor driven when traffic is that quiet.

Driven the wrong way down a one-way-street - No, the only one-ways near me are major inner-city routes. Driving the wrong way down them at any time would be impossible.

Hit a stationary object while parking - Apart from purposely bumping into friends' cars top gear style, nope.

Accidentally clipped a car but kept quiet - Never, I'd always leave a note even if I did.

Take risks (overtaking, fast acceleration) - Overtaking, generally not unless I'm overtaking something painfully slow though. I do quite enjoy putting the boot down off the lights and such occasionally, but I'd hardly class fast acceleration as a risk.

Suffer road rage - Sometimes, if someone purposely drives like an ass.

Speeding - At least once a day, speed limits are in dire need of review in certain places. I'm quite capable of knowing when it's "safe" to speed however. I don't like the term speeding either, going above the speed limit does not mean "speeding". Speeding is travelling too fast for the conditions. Speed limits don't change with traffic, weather and time of day.

Scare others while driving - Passengers, occasionally, if it's a good friend on a deserted road or car park. I also enjoy terrifying pikeys with backfiring however, but they don't count as people per se.

Attempts to pass driving test -1

Number of prangs (i.e. Collisions/crashes) in the past 12 months
- None

Sim/non-sim racer before getting a driving licence - LFS for 3 years before I started driving.

Years driven - 3
Driving test for my restricted license tomorrow I'm getting quite worked up tonight!
good luck!
Hit a stationary object while parking - My mom was guiding me to drive and when she told me to stop, the time it took for my foot to go from the gas to brake made me hit the wall.
Take risks (overtaking, fast acceleration) - Only when I have road rage.
Suffer road rage - Only with my parents in the car as I have to drive with them in it as I only have a permit. Plus, my parents and I fight a lot.
Speeding - Only in the "allowable" speed zone.
Scare others while driving - Only with road rage
Sim/non-sim racer before getting a driving licence - I got LFS in 2006, I got my permit in 2010.
Years driven - Less than a year so far.
Unfortunately for you, your grandma is dead.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Unfortunately for you, your grandma is dead.

Not yet. Though I'll give you her regards, (in the traditional way) by ramming you in the face with a frying pan.
I didn't know your Grandmother was a 350 pound italian woman. I see where your love for large women comes from though.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Except your guys point is retarded. Taking minute amounts of attention from driving is not that big of a deal. Think about the amount of attention people get taken away from having fights or kids. Do we make laws that say nobody can drive with kids? No.

So we are retarded for not texting while driving ?. Rofl you really are some piece of work. Said it before and will say again, I spend 8 hours a day on the road and see lots of shit. And roughly 80 % is caused by kids like yourself. Playing with their phone, or whatever.

When you driving you are responsibil for you and anyone around you. By texting, drinking, using drugs, smacking the kids in the back youre creating a hazard for you and anyone around you. Driving isnt playing a racing game and shouldnt be treated that way.

Grow up and take responsibilty for your actions.
Only thing I did last 12 months in this list was speeding, got a ticket and lost a point on my driving license...

When I was 18 years old I drove my first Rally and I was saying to everyone that I was a great driver lol...then my grand father told me something I never forgot, ''you will be a great driver when you'll have 1 million kms without accidents'', so I started to keep record of what I drove each year and it took me 20 years to get there, and still on going (1.16M now)...
Quote from niels1 :
Grow up and take responsibilty for your actions.

I do take responsibility. If (doubtful it will) anything happens, I'll take the fault for it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 : If anything happens, I'll take the fault for it.

With all undue respect, what is the point of taking the blame after (god forbid) killed/seriously injured someone, when you could have prevented it from happening in the first place?

Yes, I realize the chances of something happening to you (or anyone else, specifically) is very small, but seriously?
Quote from dawesdust_12 : If (doubtful it will) anything happens....

I don't care how doubtful you are, you make it 23x more likely that it will.

That is such a huge rise in the probability of having an accident that you would have to be completely retarded to take that risk in what is already a dangerous activity.

It's no good taking the blame for something when you've already killed someone.

You cant take the blame for something when you're already dead.

Taking responsibility is being proactive, not reactive!
Taking responsibility is doing everything in your power to prevent an accident happening in the first place, not holding your hands up after you've already killed someone and saying "yes , I'm to blame"

If your actions made a plane crash 23x times more likely would you do it?
If you went skydiving, but did something that made it 23x more likely to kill yourself doing it, would you do it?

Engage your brain you stupid bloody child!
Haha!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I didn't know your Grandmother was a 350 pound italian woman. I see where your love for large women comes from though.

Real men like girls with some meat on, not girls with annorexia issues.
Quote from BlueFlame :Real men like girls with some meat on, not girls with annorexia issues.

There's girls with meat on their bones, then there's beached whales. I'm implying your taste lies in the latter category.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :There's girls with meat on their bones, then there's beached whales. I'm implying your taste lies in the latter category.

I don't live in North America, they're not easy to find here....
Right, because england is much skinnier?

Hah. It's ironic the Brits insulting the Americans when both are full of whales.

Also, Canada doesn't have the sweeping obesity problem.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Right, because england is much skinnier?

Hah. It's ironic the Brits insulting the Americans when both are full of whales.

Also, Canada doesn't have the sweeping obesity problem.

England?
English women are a bunch of whales for the most part too.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :English women are a bunch of whales for the most part too.

Are you after some sort of record for the most amount of trolling in one thread or something?
It's just something I've noticed from TV. British women seem to be fat.

Driving habits poll
(150 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG