The online racing simulator
Driving habits poll
(150 posts, started )

Poll : Click all that apply

Sim/non-sim racer before getting a driving licence
Speeding
Attempts to pass driving test 1
Take risks (overtaking, fast acceleration)
Use mobile while driving
Stopped by police
Years driven 1-4
Years driven 5<
Ran a red light in the past 12 months
Scare others while driving
Suffer road rage
Years driven 0-1
Driven the wrong way down a one-way-street
Hit a stationary object while parking
Made an insurance claim for an accident (twasn't me)
Accidentally clipped a car but kept quiet
Attempts to pass driving test 2
Made an insurance claim for an accident (my fault)
Number of prangs (i.e. Collisions/crashes) in the past 12 months
Attempts to pass driving test 3<
I'll try that one in court when I kill someone for drunk driving.

"Judge, Just think.. I was being safer by driving drunk instead of texting."

Yeah, that'll hold water.
I was just giving an example of how drink driving COULD be safer than texting.

Variables Variables Variables Variables Variables Variables and more Variables
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Except people above have said that getting drunk and driving is safer. Which is even more retarded because indirectly its advocating drunk driving, while being perfectly sober and going "Hey baby, I wanna lick you all over" to the girl that you're en route to visit is more dangerous.

It's a frivolous concept. Especially as the accident rates in places where phones have been banned have gone up becuase people haffto hide the phone, rather than presenting it in a place where they can do both at once.

Point 1: The studies are based on the legal drink drive limit, normally 1 pint of normal strength lager (size and weight dictates how quickly you reach the legal limit). The drivers reaction times were quicker than a text driver. If you're getting a skin full the balance of risk swings the other way very quickly.

Point 2: So accident rates go up because people continue to break the law. That just means they are ****ing stupid.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Except people above have said that getting drunk and driving is safer. Which is even more retarded because indirectly its advocating drunk driving,

What a load of bollocks. Come off it Dustin, I don't believe for a second that you are really so stupid that you believe what you've just written.

If I said snorting cocaine is safer than injecting heroin does that mean I'm indirectly advocating snorting cocaine? Of course not.

Anyway, no one has said that getting drunk and driving is safer as you well know. What was said is that using a mobile whilst driving is more dangerous than driving whilst at the US legal limit for alcohol. That is a fact. Just because you may not believe it doesnt make it untrue.

Texting whilst driving is even more dangerous. It's ridiculously stupid. As Blue Flame said (hooray..we agree on something for once! ) It's a shame they even have to make videos like this to make people realise how stupid and dangerous texting whilst driving is. Don't you get told this stuff when you get driving lessons/take your test over there? Not that they should have to tell you mind you. It's common sense for most people.
Heh, it's a common sense thing (believe it or not). The individual members of the forum have different opinions about alot of things, but collectively I'm pretty sure we are all of the opinion that texting and driving (or using a mobile at all) is a truely selfish and retarded thing to do.
Quote from BlueFlame :[...] collectively I'm pretty sure we are all of the opinion that texting and driving (or using a mobile at all) is a truely selfish and retarded thing to do.

Wish that was the case...

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Only becuase I don't see how it's that big a problem. Particularly over here as our roads do tend to be wider and idiot proof at times. Not to mention it's not like I have full conversations over text while driving (I'll make the call and use a Bluetooth when that's the case).. It's more of simple messages or informing someone when I'll be there so they can be prepared.

Sadly we and our loved ones have to share the same roads with people who think like ^that.
Moose: It's actually a 500$ fine and automatic licence suspension if I get caught.

Legally, (As I'm a "Novice" driver) I'm not even supposed to use a Hands-Free device to call people either.

It won't change my habits at all (Especially as I'll get rid of my N designation sometime this month).
If, (god forbid) you managed to cause an accident to kill/seriously injure an innocent road user due to texting, would that consider you to change your "habit"?

I really do hope you're just trolling and not your real POV on this issue...
I personally don't see any issue with me sending a simple text while driving on a highway. Particularly in clear conditions, there's no reason why there's a problem with it. Everyone is moving at a consistent speed, in a relatively straight line, with large margins (due to the speeds being higher (110 kmh~)). I don't think it matters that much on a highway.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I personally don't see any issue with me sending a simple text while driving on a highway. Particularly in clear conditions, there's no reason why there's a problem with it. Everyone is moving at a consistent speed, in a relatively straight line, with large margins (due to the speeds being higher (110 kmh~)). I don't think it matters that much on a highway.

Problem is, as predictable as that situation might seem, there are still lots of unknowns. In Germany, people (predominantely teenagers) throwing stuff from bridges is a big problem, here in Lower Austria we had a "run across for a dare" recently where a driver was killed because he rolled it attempting to evade. There could be an accident ahead that doesn't necessarily affect the flow / fluidity of traffic all that much until right up to it. You cannot be certain that highway traffic is constantly fluid, even if it should be.

A lot can change in a few seconds and a few seconds can change a lot.
Stopped by police Frequently, i used to be, not because of amything to do with my driving, i just had a chavved up astra that pretty much was asking to be pulled over constantly.

Use mobile while driving I take the odd phonecall if its someone important and tell em to ring me back, certianly not drive texting tho.

Made an insurance claim for an accident (my fault) No

Made an insurance claim for an accident (twasn't me) Yes, was stuffed while stationary at a roundabout my a pensioner in a fiat punto, mine was a write off, but his came off even worse.

Ran a red light in the past 12 months Nope

Driven the wrong way down a one-way-street Nope

Hit a stationary object while parking Nope

Accidentally clipped a car but kept quiet Nope

Take risks (overtaking, fast acceleration) Never been one for retarded overtaking, but i do like quick acceleration.

Suffer road rage Nah

Speeding Maybe slightly, 80 on a motorway or something, but mainly no

Scare others while driving No

Attempts to pass driving test 2

Number of prangs (i.e. Collisions/crashes) 2, the aforementioned pensioner, and i once rear ended a drink driver who ripped the handbrake up right in front of me for no apparent reason, who then reverse rammed my car and drove off.

Sim/non-sim racer before getting a driving licence Non sim racer, they werent invented when i passed my test haha

Years driven 8 years

THIS is what potentially results from texting at the wheel, and why i would never do it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I54mlK0kVw
Ok, I don't care who the hell you are, but if you use a phone or text while driving, you are a F***ING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!

Dustin, people like you should never have been given a license in the firstplace. Pehaps your dumb ass should have a look at this: http://www.opp.ca/ecms/templat ... 01&bctid=799506819001 I can only hope that you'll only hurt yourself and not anyone else. Idiot!

Stupid kids........
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It won't change my habits at all

Then you truly are one of the most stupid people I've come across.

I just hope you don't take someone else with you when you kill yourself.

You are a novice driver for a reason...you have no experience and limited skill. Passing your test just means you know the absolute basics. Once you have 10 years driving experience under your belt then you might be able to consider yourself a good driver. (if you've actually learnt something over those years)

If you don't even see the issue with you sending a "simple text message" then you should have your license revoked. Simple as that. You're not fit to drive. You have no concept of the dangers of what you do. You should notbe allowed to set foot anywhere near a car.

Driving is a privilege. It's one of the most dangerous thing we do in our daily lives. You are willing to risk your own and other peoles lives because you cant wait 1 min to pull over somewhere to write/receive a text? That is so incredibly selfish and stupid it's untrue.
Quote from The Moose :Then you truly are one of the most stupid people I've come across.

I just hope how don't take someone else with you when you kill yourself.

You are a novice driver for a reason...you have no experience and limited skill. Passing your test just means you know the absolute basics. Once you have 10 years driving experience under your belt then you might be able to consider yourself a good driver. (if you've actually learnt something over those years)

If you don't even see the issue with you sending a "simple text message" then you should have your license revoked. Simple as that. You're not fit to drive. You have no concept of the dangers of what you do. You should notbe allowed to set foot anywhere near a car.

Driving is a privilege. It's one of the most dangerous thing we do in our daily lives. You are willing to risk your own and other peoles lives because you cant wait 1 min to pull over somewhere to write/receive a text? That is so incredibly selfish and stupid it's untrue.

^^I approve!
You're flogging a dead horse on this one. I couldn't care less.
Quote from The Moose :Then you truly are one of the most stupid people I've come across.

I just hope how don't take someone else with you when you kill yourself.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Dustin, you truly are an idiot.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You're flogging a dead horse on this one. I couldn't care less.

Well your moral standards are way up there. Because people like you who thinks they are on top of the world while driving a car and can do anything insurance on cars went up. Since youre considering yourself as a really great driver and none of comments made may change your mind I sincerly wonder which hole you live in.

When the dickens you get of your high horse and start seeing things as they are. I truly hope I never ran into you on a road while your sending small text messages. Your ignorant, sort minded and above all, you dare to takes lives in your hand by doing that.

Since you think this a normal behaviour and is nothing wrong you propably drink and drive aswell. For that matter youll propably use drugs while driving aswell. Since playing with lives is normal too you those 2 mentioned here above will be normal aswel.

Time to grow up, look back at what your said and think again. Youre just a kid, nothing more nothing less. Tottaly unrespectfull against anything that lives.
I am a largly defencive driver on the road ways of life. 90% of the time I'm lifting a football field earlier than the average driver and not using the brakes to get down to the same speed as what most others do (well maybe a little fast in the corners). I'm always trying to save fuel

I've only had my license for 5 months now and I've never been pulled over or anything :P
Whatever guys. I'm gonna go get ****ing hammered this weekend and go for a drive. It's safer after all.
I've had my license for about 5 months now, and generally don't drive much.
I can't say I really enjoy driving unless the roads are empty; driving is just a practical thing, and other people on the road are just a hindrance. I also don't speed or run lights, or get any other racing habits out for that matter. It's just that driving =/= racing to me, so I get into the car with a different mindset altogether. A road is made for driving on, and a track is made for racing on. I don't take a crap on the sidewalk either, since I have a perfectly fine toilet for that. It's just a matter of knowing what to do, and where.

Using a phone or drinking is also a no-no for me. I don't drive after drinking even 1 alcoholic beverage. It's just a matter of responsibility, not just for my own safety but of other road users and my passengers.

Speeding is generally a pointless practice on the shorter stretches I drive. I'll estimate that with all the traffic lights and crossroads it would save me seconds over minutes if I just happen to catch a lucky green light. I'd rather just chill out and listen to the radio.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Whatever guys. I'm gonna go get ****ing hammered this weekend and go for a drive. It's safer after all.

You're such a lame troll it is unfunny.
Except your guys point is retarded. Taking minute amounts of attention from driving is not that big of a deal. Think about the amount of attention people get taken away from having fights or kids. Do we make laws that say nobody can drive with kids? No.
Actually there is already legislation which covers that. Undue care and attention.
Drinking and driving, great solution Dustin. Teach those texters how its done!

My biggest distraction has to be a really hot chick. For some reason I'll focus on her for like 3 seconds and a row of cars in front of me are slamming the brakes at the same time.

Driving habits poll
(150 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG