The online racing simulator
Making LFS movies #2 (new tutorial)
(262 posts, started )
Quote from L@gger :So you move your videos to educational category and say audio name sin titles?

aparrently the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. usually the title of a video has more to do with the video and less to do with the song you used. example: XRT Race at South City. not AC/DC Thunderstruck at South City. try to be creative though, call it something way out left field.
offtopic
@dadge - your display picture syncs perfectly to Radiohead - Nude.
102bmp
that's called syncing your video to the music.
Can someone help me with a thing bugging me?

I'm used to do some videos to resume my races with some friends of mine. I usually use the TV Director to ease my work, doing some distinct camera angles.

The problem is that sometimes, out of the nowhere, some parts of the track apear as a grey zone. I thought it happened (and it makes sense) when the camera was focusing in a hill or the track was between the car and the camera, but it also happens when the camera is way above the ground.

It can't be the pc I'm using, since the same camera scheme does the same thing in two different machines, one of them with a PowerColor HD5770 GPU.

Does anyone knows how to solve this?

Here is an example of what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulXOwiC7qt0

In this case, I did it in a portable PC with a weak video card, but I tried in my home PC (the one with the Powercolor video card) the same camera schema and the result was exactly the same...
I'm not watching through that trying to pinpoint at which exact second your problem actually even appeared. You could at least state what time to skip to
Quote from squidhead :I'm not watching through that trying to pinpoint at which exact second your problem actually even appeared. You could at least state what time to skip to

Sorry, you're right.

It starts appearing at 3:30...
Because your cameras are shit basically, bring them lower down, closer to the track and the end node closer to the camera.
Well, thanks.

It happens in some other tracks, where the camera schema was "presumebly" used in Race Transmissions, so I thought it might be something wrong with other type of settings...

If that's the problem, I'll dispose the cameras like Sinatra: "my way"!
i've never known how to get that lfs director thingy working. i've never used insim so have no clue what i'm doing
How can I improve my fps? When Im trying to film situation where camera is shaking/many car passes the camera, fps drops dramatically. This didnt happen on my old computer. AA is 2x, texture filter 8x, fps forced to 30 in lfs and fraps and Im filming in windowed mode. My FRAPS version is 2.9.4

Computer specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0ghz
HD5770 1GB
Ram 4GB ddr2

EDIT: Is night mode illegal in lfs vids?
try disabling AA and forcing it in your graphics card settings.
Also night mode IIRC Isn't a vob mod, but a texture mod, which are pretty much legal.
isnt there a site where I can download short movies of let´s say fog, fire steam etc.? I was googling but obviously cant find the right keywords to define this kind of stuff
http://www.detonationfilms.com/ something like this but there are hardly any of them free here
Quote from bavorak :isnt there a site where I can download short movies of let´s say fog, fire steam etc.? I was googling but obviously cant find the right keywords to define this kind of stuff
http://www.detonationfilms.com/ something like this but there are hardly any of them free here

You should try getting Action Essentials 2 by Video Copilot. You can purchase it or download it, whichever you prefer.
Quote from (SaM) :You should try getting Action Essentials 2 by Video Copilot. You can purchase it or download it, whichever you prefer.

thank you...that is exactly what I was looking for
Quote from dadge :why not look on youtube for tutorials on how to make your own? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVMEQl_jCSk

Oh come on, you cant get realistic fog/fire/steam in sony vegas...it just looks awful...the only special effect that looks good is rain...
Sony vegas is really just for working with videos (editing) not making them from scratch...adobe after effects is better in this aspect but there are so many functions in it and I am not familiar with it so far...
Quote from bavorak :Oh come on, you cant get realistic fog/fire/steam in sony vegas...it just looks awful...the only special effect that looks good is rain...

you asked for options, i gave one. is there any real need to be a cock about it?
Quote from dadge :you asked for options, i gave one. is there any real need to be a cock about it?

I wasnt trying to be a cock...I just tried to say that sony vegas is useless for this kind of stuff...dont think that I havent checked youtube for tutorials
I was just wondering how do you guys deal with youtube´s copyright on songs you use in videos... I have a video I've uploaded 2 years ago and it says that because of copyright it's blocked in Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla,....West Bank, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
well it's blocked everywhere also my country is on the list but I have no problem viewing it
i think there's a generic no copyright statement you need to post in the description.
Upload the video then follow these instructions. I found them on the net when i had the same problem and it worked

1) Go to "My Videos".
2) Select "View Copyright Info" on the video you are having copyright issues with. OR, go to the video itself and choose "View Copyright Info" from there.
3) Scroll down and pick the option "I want to learn more about this dispute process".
4) Scroll down and pick the option "Take me to the dispute form".
5) Pick option #2 and PASTE the following statement into the text bar next to it;

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

6) Fill out the rest of the info on the page. Use your REAL name where it asks for it. Choose "Continue" when all information has been filled out.
7) Scroll down on the next page and select "Submit dispute".

Within 2-3 minutes your video's audio should be back!

Good luck!
I did something similar according to a manual I found...also chose 2nd option but inserted some other text and now I cant change it
It helped for a day or two and then the copyright info reappeared
But I will try it with some other movie... I just want to be sure that next time I do some video I wont have to deal with this

edit: The problem is I am not sure if the audio is removed...it just says so but apparently doesnt remove it...you can try the movie I send a few posts above if the sound works for you

Making LFS movies #2 (new tutorial)
(262 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG