The online racing simulator
Dead Island
(40 posts, started )
Dead Island

Release Date: 2011 (TBC)

So apparently, there is a game due for release called "Dead Island". It is being developed for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

I've not managed to find too much information about it, and cannot seem to find any gameplay videos, but I have found this Trailer. From what information I have gathered, it's going to be a Zombie Apocalypse game. The story follows a group of four people, who have gone on vacation to some sort of exotic island, only for it to be overcome with Zombies (How Convenient!).

Here is the trailer I have found. There is a reversed one linked below it, just in case you don't like the original.

**TRAILER IS NSFW AND FEATURES A CHILD BEING MAULED TO DEATH**

Original

Reversed

I had a look on Wiki. It has some interesting tech information, which if it turns out to be true, could lead to this being a pretty impressive game.

Here are some snippets...

Quote from Wiki :
Gameplay

Dead Island will feature open world gameplay, played from a first person perspective, with up to four-player co-operative play. The focus will be on melee combat, incorporating customizable weaponry and RPG elements.

There is an experience system and a skill tree system. There is also a stamina bar, meaning that after a set amount of action with a weapon, the character will need to stop to regain their stamina before continuing to attack. It has also been confirmed that there are "special class" zombies, which are more powerful than the standard enemies.

Quote from Wiki :
Development

Dead Island will be published by Deep Silver.

The zombies have fully-modelled layers of meat and muscle rendered onto their bodies, meaning they have a multi-layered damage system with real-time injuries.

...and the full Wiki link here.

Official "Dead Island" website.

Snippets from the Official website.

Quote from Dead Island Website :
Features:

- first-person melee combat

- 4 player co-op

- weapon customization

- set on an open world tropical island

- RPG elements for character development

- hordes of gruesome zombies

Feel free to update this thread with any information you guys may have.
Looks awesome so far. I wonder if this is gonna be blood pumping action game or more like FEAR?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :a group of four people, who have gone on vacation to some sort of exotic island, only for it to be overcome with Zombies (How Convenient!)

It wouldn't be a very interesting game if it followed a group of people who went on vacation and it *wasn't* overcome with zombies
Quote from Crashgate3 :It wouldn't be a very interesting game if it followed a group of people who went on vacation and it *wasn't* overcome with zombies

Very true!

I just can't help but think that due to the recent Zombie games that have quenched my thirst for gore (DR2, COD: Zombies, LFD2 etc.), I may get bored quickly with this one.

We shall see.
i thought the resident evil series had enough zombies.
Quote from bunder9999 :i thought the resident evil series had enough zombies.

Resident Evil is pretty much "no more" in my opinion. The more sequels they make, the worser it gets.
Quote from hazaky :Resident Evil is pretty much "no more" in my opinion. The more sequels they make, the worser it gets.

RE5 is pretty good imo, also RE1 remake.
Quote :a group of four ZOMBIES, who have gone on vacation to some sort of exotic island, only for it to be overcome with HUMANS (How Convenient!)

Now that would be better
Zombie games with 4 players co op game mode.. Always fun
The trailer is very well done. Hope the game can live up to this
Quote from rich uk :The trailer is very well done. Hope the game can live up to this

I enjoyed the Trailer too. Lots of people have been upset after watching it though, threatening legal action against the company. It's just stupid IMO. While I was a little taken back by them using a young girl in the trailer, I'm hardly going to say the company needs shutting down. It's just CGi FFS.
most realistic looking game trailer i have ever seen!
I hope its better than left for dead was.
Quote from -NightFly- :RE5 is pretty good imo, also RE1 remake.

I havnt heard anything about remake. In my opinion, the first RE was just badass. Imma search for this remake.

(But i gotta admit, sometimes i lack balls for playin such games)
Quote from hazaky :I havnt heard anything about remake. In my opinion, the first RE was just badass. Imma search for this remake.

(But i gotta admit, sometimes i lack balls for playin such games)

Remake is actually a 2002 year game on Nintendo camecube (so you need an emulator to run it on your pc) with graphics that you see on some 2011 year games.
Its about time they started working again on this. i remember seeing this game back in 2007. Trailer is hella sad however
Some friends of mine and myself buyed the game last week, and had a great LAN session.

The game is a lot of fun, and when playing solo it's really kicking you in the nut - it's not an easy game (at least when coming to city chapter).

But there is some problems with the game too. Zombies hit you %'s of your health, so why the need for getting more HP each level? - nothing. Since, as said the zombies hits you % of your health, it does not matter how much health you have, it still hurts...a lot.. Also, it's bottering to drink 10 energy drinks / food to get back to full health, since the game does not auto heal you (well, it heals you to 1 blob on the HP bar, but when you have 10+ of them it's not to much of help ).
Also, zombies one shoting you by throwing a weapon on you a mile away from you... now that's just way to hardcore for casual gamers

Also, the head blobing is good and makes the game challenging, but it's way too much. Get hit by a zombie and you have no clue whats going on since the screen goes apeshit, and when you finally are able to understand whats going on - your dead.

I like the fact that you have to repair your weapons, but atm. it's kind of ridiciolus. Kill 8-10 zombies and it's time to repair your weapon again. All the money I earn in this game goes to repair my weapons. And when finally getting an epic weapon, what is the problem? - I don't have enough money to repair it. Sollution is of course to have several weapons, try to avoid fighting too much zombies, upgrade it - but again, that costs money. Did I mention that you lose 10% of your money when you die? A neat feature, but man.. if your not a elite gamer you'll find yourself losing all the money because of all the times you die

Bloom. God, why... whyyyyy?! It's even more intense than in NFS, it's SHOCKINGLY much. Luckily for me I found a mod who turns it off, and now the game looks so much better. Why the developers nowdays chose bloom? Game looks more crappier, my eyes and head hurts to it... and .. well I canot think of a good reason to have it. The only good thing / area to use it is when you exit a tunnel or building, then there could be a second or two of bloom to give it a realistic look (eyes takes time to adapt from light to dark, and the other way around).

You can break and cut off limbs of the zombies, which is great. Problem is that it seems random. I can swear that I aim and hit the arm, but it's completely random if it actually braks/cuts off. When I aim and hit the arm with a big ass sword, it should go off, not having a % of chance to beeing cut off.

The game also has various technical issues. One of them is micro stuttering, or what you call it. What it does is that when driving a car or turning around, the screen will do a numberous of small lags, which mainly is anoying, but also makes the game harder since it's hard to be precisly. Again, here there is a mod to help that, but why the developers have not done anything themself I do not know. The community seems to fix broken aspects of the game which the developers didn't care to give attention.
A other techincal issue is auto changing weapon, alcohol beeing used on pick up (means you get drunk when you in reality tries to pick them up and deliver them to a quest giver), not beeing able to store food - same as alcohol, beeing used no matter if you have full health or not, weapon beeing impossible to pick up from the ground just to mention some of them.

Also, the character selction / choises are not good enough. You have mainly 4 classes: 1 (black) man who is blunt weapon master, 1 (chocolate-color) man beeing throwing weapon master, 1 (black) woman beeing firearm master and 1 (anoying asian ****fest) woman beeing sharp/dagger weapon master. You have no way beeing a man and beeing dagger master, and you canot be a woman and beeing blunt master. So, I had to chose the anoying asian girl, which screams bullshit every 10 seconds, and wants me to skull**** her dead. 4 classes can be enough, but there should be possible to chose to be man/woman/ a little more options.

And lastly, the character animations. In holy mother of ****ing god, just... lol...rofl... lol.. It's super, super, super bad. When my lady jumps it seems like she is trying to take a powercrap in the air. She jumps up stiff as a rock, and when mid air she take her knees above the lower stomach and she helds them there til she lands. The developers clearly having a sick sence of humor, or they just hate asian people.

By all means, I enjoy this game, but it have it's problems.
But to shorten the text down a little I write some positive things about the game:

* Leveling system. It's fun having levels and character progression. Each class has it's own tallent tree, but even with it it's not overpowered.

* Game is challenging as ****, gives and rewarding feeling when leveling up and completing quests.

* If you take away the bloom and techincal problems, the game looks great!

* The atmosphere is good, you really feel you haveing a struggel for survival.

* It's a lot of fun doing modifications to the weapons. Puting a zombie on fire, or electricute it, or blast it, or even explode it, is a lot of fun!

* The music is good on some places, for example the churc.

* Fun to play coop togheter with friends through the game. More players - more monsters (like the sollution used in the Serious Sam games)
I'm always up for coop, since I pretty much fail at solo
Quote from flymike91 :I hope its better than left for dead was.

left 4 dead is actually pretty shit

I suggest to play Zombie Panic! Souce

I have played that since 2008 and I tell you it is very nice game
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I'm always up for coop, since I pretty much fail at solo

You fail at all things, but I still love you my friend

What level are you, and what "class" do you play? =)
Also, what is your steam name?

My nick is "SnikendeFlyndre", transelated to sneaking flounder .. x.x.

Dead Island
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG