The online racing simulator
I need to vent
(73 posts, started )
#51 - MR_B
Quote from MR_B :I think someone's been watching too much TV News coverage, this isn't Egypt.

and this isn't Tunisia...
some kind of update would be nice.......
Quote from Kazu2799 :sure sure rich boy enjoy crappy racing in a crappy racing game

Im not rich. I can prioritize. I just cba to state why I like iR more, since you guys dont care anyway :P I wanted a flamewar

And its not crappy at all, neither is it a game, its a simulator
Aight, cya in MoE, and then in iR if you guys ever come.

Sorry, just being bored. I apologize.
Quote from Tomhah :Only because you're all poor doesnt mean iRacing is worse.
Its better than lfs.

And yeah, I just said that. New tyre-physics coming to iRacing soon as well. Oh, and it actually comes.

My mamma and daddy rich too, but the no buy me shit. How about you people?
Quote from Bmxtwins :considering that I am a crappy driver myself

Oh, c'mon, don't be so easy on yourself...
Quote from Shotglass :no ones going to get my money and then reserve the right to tell me how and when i play his game

Huh, I knew I had read that one before.

Attached images
teaglass.jpg

Nice cheap shot. Now that's what we need on the forums, keep us entertained will you!
Quote from jasonmatthews :*turkey rant*

Play NetKar pro then

Quote from aobrien :netkar-pro.com

beat me to it lol

Quote from Kazu2799 :
you can't go a little beyond your limit in the risk of going in the grass and loosing point even if you don't loose control.

Actually that makes iRacing better imho. The point of racing sims is to emulate reality as much as possible. I'm sure drivers in real life have this exact same fear, and the fact that I'm constantly sweating like hell in EVERY SINGLE race makes me feel more like a real life driver. A driver in real life who constantly goes off track (even without spinning out) is seen as a driver who doesn't know his limits and thus not a very good race car driver.

Good iRacers emulate good real life race car drivers. They are comfortable to go at the limit and will rarely go beyond it and there's actual real consequences for going beyond your limit. What happens if someone decides to cut the chicane or grass just to keep his position in LFS? I respect iRacers for being THAT close to the edge constantly and yet still remain cool, controlled, and fast.

If you can't get to your limit or go slightly over the limit and yet still maintain a 0 incident race, then you aren't that great of a racer Hey, dont get mad. I'm not saying I'm better. In fact, I'm the first to admit that I dont have this kind of comfort in iRacing. Chalk it up to talent or practice or a combination of both. Point is, I'm (and apparently you as well) not that good of a racer and in iRacing it REALLY shows when someone is mediocre.

Quote from Kazu2799 :Another thing about iracing is the general level of skill. Not speed wise but racing wise. People on iracing have absolutly no idea how to react when they either overtake or get overtaken, I can't count the number of time some retard I was overtaking ended up slamming me when I was on the inside, it feels like there's aboslutly no race ethics.

Is this rookie experience? Cause i have the exact opposite experience with C and up. Complaining that the racing sucks in iRacing purely based on the rookie experience is like complaining that the racing sucks in LFS purely based on the demo server experience.

Again, I love iRacing, but I also do agree that it's too expensive. That's why I'm in Netkar Pro as well and I jump between the two sims
haha, this is such an old argument....

'We are pleased to announce that we plan to release the new VW Scirocco in Live for Speed during the week ending Friday 19th December.'

Seems people have a habbit of mixing up 'promise' and 'plan'....

I asked Santa for a red firetruck.... /me sulks

Quote from Forbin :Said it before and I'll say it again: why is everyone so bent out of shape over a FWD shitbox?

I just think its time to get over it, like said before, its one car, and its not that special, don't have a fit about it, yeah I agree with Forbin!
In the mean while, save up for a real VW Scirocco. You'll have it even sooner than this polygon Scirocco you're all going apeshit over.
Here you go:

^^ Amusing.... a new game? name that vent? I think this one is more ironicly fitting!

An airvent from a VWS.
Why do you have some golf looking vents on a table.

Scirocco, some VW.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Why do you have some golf looking vents on a table.

Scirocco, some VW.

I get the idea you had a smug grin on your face when typing that? If not, shame on you!
I am indeed very smug, I'm such a car bore I fit Jeremy Clarksons stereotype about people with Adanoids.

"OHHHHHHHH I'VE GOT SOME VENTS FROM A CAR ON MY TABLE OWHHHH".
@op
You know what helps me when I start caring about something on a forum too much?

I like to type out my great reply or topic, read it, and close the tab.

If people on this forum did that more often, I'm willing to bet this would be a much less depressing place to be.

On the other hand, if people weren't complaining, what would there be to talk about?
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :On the other hand, if people weren't complaining, what would there be to talk about?

If people didn't talk, what would there be to complain about?

Quote from Shotglass :lol good one
ive missed your humour where the hell have you been mate?

Eh. Doing stuff.
Quote from z-ro 8 :@Jason:
I assume you're speaking of the spec racer when talking about the braking condition, but that's not iRacing physics, that's the nature of the car.

Let me say, I've quit iRacing after some time. Lots wrong - very uninvolving experience, graphics look like kids TV and sound worse. Basically bored. Anything's more immersive.

But some of the comments here are stupid. I was doing very well in Div1 SRF races a while back using right foot braking. If you're losing it without throttle - which is all but impossible (throttle braking) anyway now without a clutch button, then your brake bias is silly rearward... or you can't drive.

The transmission model is however now rubbish imo - doesn't work without ffb controllers that haven't been invented yet so that's an annoyance having to do things with wrong bad/timing to insure shifts.

SafetyRating is annoying. Some think of it as like money i.e. you get rear ended and you still have to pay the bills in RL. Trouble is, other than for really deliberate psycho behaviour that can be successfully protested to Mr Nim, there's no other real sanction for the offenders. And it doesn't deter adequately.

But again, if you're losing licences over it and can't race a car, then you're part of the problem IMO because lots manage to keep the highest possible safety rating at the highest license (which is harder) and still race a lot.

I'd say I'm waiting for rFactor2. Probably to be disappointed. Dabbling with NetKar2 - which btw, quite a few iRacers think has a better tyre model than iRacing. Dave K's due to release a new physically based model soon though. But LFS seems a lost cause to me due lack of content updates with for no reason and there's plenty of the fastest LFS'ers at iRacing now. (Thought I'd put that in so it didn't get deleted for being OT in the vent thread.)
Quote from xaotik :Huh, I knew I had read that one before.

Damn idiot womens lol..
Joke aside, if you don't want to pay taxes, move to Africa, see if your more happy there

I need to vent
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG