and to whom it may concerne!!!

EXCUSE ME! I am beeing told off for saying here that we were
promised a Scirocco car in 2008.
If You slimebag please turn to the lfs.net main page and scroll down
a few NEWS-articles you will find:

Quote :added Thu, Dec 11th, 2008 19:10
>Announcing VW Scirocco
Hello LFS Racers.

We are pleased to announce that we plan to release the new VW Scirocco in Live for Speed during the week ending Friday 19th December.

If you'd like to have a look at the car in 3D or start working on a skin, you can :
- download the CMX Viewer (26 MB)

For a preview of the car inside LFS you can watch a presentation video made by Victor van Vlaardingen.

So please be such spineless bootlickers to ask me WHO promised me
the scirocco in 2008!!!

DWARFS,

Dandy
I see that they planned to release it, they didn't promise it. And please, don't insult me, thanks.
Quote from Dandy Dust :
So please be such spineless bootlickers to ask me WHO promised me
the scirocco in 2008!!!

DWARFS,

Dandy

Who did promise you the Scirocco? I don't read ANYWHERE that Scawen promised the Scirocco to anyone, so why are you so special?!

Oh right, you're not.

Quit your whining as you're wrong. Nobody was promised anything.
as for me even scirocco wasn't release or s3 its fine.
Scawen didn't promise about Scirocco or S3
Scawen is developing a better tire physics for better driving with Scirocco
Scawen has family in life he cannot Spent most on the time here
for me Scawen is doing a great job doing this Community
Anyways go back on topic
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Who did promise you the Scirocco? I don't read ANYWHERE that Scawen promised the Scirocco to anyone, so why are you so special?!

Oh right, you're not.

Quit your whining as you're wrong. Nobody was promised anything.

Prepare to be insulted
Don't ****ing matter if he does insult me. I'm not the one being a little whiny baby. I'm the one that is correct in this case. He can be a dirty bootlicker if he thinks otherwise.
I want to vent.... about iracing...

It's shit, expensive and it makes me love LFS more and more.

I, like many people here, have got fed up of waiting for the updates for LFS, so took the devs advice and played other games. Guess what? iRacing is not better than LFS physics wise, in fact, IMHO alot worse.

The tracks are a million times better, the cars are a million times better (- the physics ofc) but the things that are better about LFS are huge....

Let me begin :P

1. iRacing's SR is wrong, simples. It penalises you for some cock taking you out, killing your car, then you have to retire, losing shedloads of SR. It wouldn't be so bad, but then it means you cannot race the CARS YOU PAID FOR!!

2. Scheduled races - So, right, I want to race, I have to wait 58 minutes for the next race, jesus. OK, I wait, start the race, some cock takes me out, guess what? I have to wait another hour at least before I am ALLOWED to race again!!! Seriously, are you taking the piss?

3. Hosted races - OK, I am pissed, really pissed at iracing's way of doing things, so I want to run my own server. Guess what, it will cost me another $3 on top of my extortionate subscription and extortionate content cost to do that.

4. Subscription - OK, so I pay a couple of hundred pounds on iracing, but my subscription runs out. Can I at least practise the cars and tracks that I HAVE PAID FOR? Can I check the forums to see if things are better? NO!! So, you are telling me that I have spent £400 on iracing, but I am not allowed to hone my skills while I try to earn the extortionate fee that they charge? NO...

5. Scheduled races - OK, I have paid a crazy amount for the cars I like and tracks I like for a season. It has cost me at least £300 to get to class C, but to get promoted to drive the car I have bought, will cost me shedloads more. WTF!!!

Also, I bought the lotus, great car, when are the races? iRacing DECIDE if there are races, you might be unlucky, there really are seasons when they decide not to even have a race with cars they sell, go figure..... Plus you have to have the right license to drive the piece of shit, aswell as SR. So you buy a car, all the tracks for a season, some knobjockey takes you out in 2 races, damn, sorry mate, your out, you cannot race it.

6. Physics - Shit, shit shit.... In every single car in iRacing, you HAVE to have some throttle while braking to stop the car from spinning out. I could understand it with some cars, but EVERY SINGLE CAR in iracing has this trait. For a sim that costs so much, it is pathetic...

Let's get to LFS now then

1. So, you can play for free and have a great time, for ever.

2. So, you can pay £12 and play even more and have a great time, result.

3. Pay £24, you get everything that LFS offers.

4. API - iRacing's API is shit, they don't want to allow anyone who is not paying the subscription to see what is happening in the sim. In LFS, the devs have given us great things like LFS remote, LFS progress, insim and easy integration to team sites.

5. Everything above about iRacing doesn't apply to LFS. LFS works, iRacing rips you off. If LFS had the content of iRacing, there would be no competition, but the fact of the matter is LFS has had NO content to speak of in so many years it is shocking.

My PERSONAL OPINION
- I am shit bored of LFS atm, I am trying iracing and spending money on a product that I do not think is worth it. I am not really enjoying iRacing at all, but I need my sim fix. I would much rather spend that money on LFS.

To those that say I haven't tried everything that LFS has to offer - BS. I have tried everything that I want to try, and doing laps in the uf1 around ky3 doesn't appeal to me. The simple fact is LFS has needed content well before the scirocco was announced. When was the last track for LFS released? A LONG LONG time ago...

/RANT OVER

(that is a proper rant so feel free to flame)
I can't believe Scawen had let this happen.. if (as he says if i recall) LFS is his only 'job', then what the hell is going on? How is he making for a living.. there can't be more then 1000 new S2 members anually... if that.
Wow Jason !

Great post m8 interesting read

Have a friend that paid out to get his A licence just to play the Williams F1, and he loves it, he is hooked ...

For me I agree mostly m8 ( tho I heard a new tire model just landed , wonder if that improved anything ? )

Did get the chance to try Spa with the williams , gotta say it was a lot of fun ...bloody expensive fun I agree tho
Oh, I forgot to mention, it is almost impossible in iRacing to actually race. If you actually have the crazy notion to race someone, and you actually touch eachother, then 9 times out of 10 it will mean - Safety Rating (x4 times). It will also mean your car is wrecked, as they seem to have no real damage model. You hit someone even slightly then it magically decides that your steering is completly fooked, so you have to retire. As you try to race the cars you actually want to drive and get a licence improvement, that 4x can be really damaging. It creates an atmosphere of complete fear of anyone even close to your pace. Also, even going off track slightly affects your SR, which when you consider the higher classes can really hurt your SR. Basically, a few kerbs can mean game over. In Class A for example, where the F1 is, 1 or 2 slight mistakes could spell the end of you being allowed to race the car. You can make it up, but it ain't fun, it ain't clever, it's shit.

You can counter it when in front by moving to defend, but then you see the poor sod slam on the brakes in case the pathetic iracing system kills him, then see him slide off into the distance, with the consequent guilt of ruining his whole evening. Welcome to iRacing...
iRacing is definitely worth the money, hours of entertainment watching Turkey fail
#13 - Zay
Quote from boothy :iRacing is definitely worth the money, hours of entertainment watching Turkey fail

^^ This man is right

The amount of times he has seen my races fail are shocking.

Why you ask?

Hmmm, me being an idiot? NO.

Hmmm, me not being able to simply brake for a corner because iRacing decide to send my car into a crazy spin for having .0000001 less brake and throttle than they decide..... A few times.

Hmmm, me trying to give some idiot guy who is leading the race the racing line, move over, ease off then he slams into the back of me, takes me out, killing us both = lots of times...

Why does this happen? Because they are so afraid of SR that they have no concept of racing, or they forget when iracing gets involved. I cannot count the amount of times in the last few weeks when I have seen the blue flag that I have moved off the racing line and the passing car has just literally drove straight into the back of me. It really is like they have no concept of what I am trying to do. They always say sorry later, but WTF, do you realise this is a race track and you are allowed to pass a lapped car?

I do get it, they don't :P
Well Turkey your last race in a non-Rookie race series was in March 2009. Since then you've done 60 races all in rookie series - perhaps you should move up and do some more series with people are better and safer? As for spinning all the time, there must be something you're doing wrong because even I'm able to handle all of the cars at R/D/C level - on a gamepad.

It's like the iRacing forum thread where the great talent of Ari Haro was complaining about losing too much SR as a class B driver during week 13, when he was getting double figure incidents, for what he says wasn't his fault - until he was sat down by the guy he crashed into and it was pointed out he was going off track all the time. Remember kids, stay safe, and don't be like Ari
i'm with turkey on that one. iRacing sucks, badly.
I can't help to feel that there is something wrong when racing on iracing especially on the braking (and that's something i'm really good at in LFS).

The sr rating is totally retarded : Yay I got a 4x because some retard rear ended me!! or better yet I slightly rubbed the guy infront of me (the kind of hit that wouldn't even scratch the paint) and I get a 4x because the netcode is broken. But the very worst part of the sr rating is that it kills the race because you always have it in the back of your mind --> you can't go a little beyond your limit in the risk of going in the grass and loosing point even if you don't loose control.

Another thing about iracing is the general level of skill. Not speed wise but racing wise. People on iracing have absolutly no idea how to react when they either overtake or get overtaken, I can't count the number of time some retard I was overtaking ended up slamming me when I was on the inside, it feels like there's aboslutly no race ethics.
Quit whining you little girl. Bugger off if you're bored!
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Quote from jasonmatthews :iRacing is not better than LFS physics wise, in fact, IMHO alot worse.

You done well, captain obvious.
Oh look. This again.
Why is it that whenever the devs do something that's unexpected, surprising, nice and for free there is always a movement of people who're busy finding reasons to moan about it?
Quote from MadCatX :Why is it that whenever the devs do something that's unexpected, surprising, nice and for free there is always a movement of people who're busy finding reasons to moan about it?

Last time that happened was when exactly? There has been bugger all worthwhile for two and a half years. Arguably even longer (patch Y).

S1 re-release is weak as ****.

There is no way iSwindle will ever get any of my money, and RF2 well we'll see. Time to have a rummage through the attic for that ole RBR disc I think.
Quote from jasonmatthews :Iracing sux blah blah *Snip*

I just got 1 month free trial of iracing and was going to renew but:

1) I cannot justify 15 dollars for one track (more than the price of S1)
2) I cannot justify 12 dollars for one track (the price of s1)
3) I cannot justify 79 dollar yearly fee

And onto LFS:
I agree more content, at this point I'd pay the price of another stage for 1 car and 1 track, and then i would wait for the rest.

Scawen why can't you just release the Scirico as it was done for the current physics, and release the new physics when it is finished?
How many topics do you start about this? Ppff
1 month free trial? You do know there's a buy 1 get 2 months free deal? :doh:
Said it before and I'll say it again: why is everyone so bent out of shape over a FWD shitbox?

I need to vent
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG