The online racing simulator
I need to vent
(73 posts, started )
Quote from Forbin :Said it before and I'll say it again: why is everyone so bent out of shape over a FWD shitbox?

Amen to that!

Christ guys its not like were waiting for a M5 or a GT3 , its a shopping trolley econobox with as much soul as a bucket of hot pink paint.

Get over it , seriously its not worth the agro ..
Quote from Forbin :Said it before and I'll say it again: why is everyone so bent out of shape over a FWD shitbox?

Because it seems it's one of big hold-ups for everything else.
Quote from boothy :1 month free trial? You do know there's a buy 1 get 2 months free deal? :doh:

are you that incompetant? 1 month for FREE. Rather than paying 12 dollars for a piece of crap. I dont care if i get 2 more months, I'd rather not waste my money and know it works on my machine before I waste my earned money.

btw: i heard your the ultimately worst driver on ovals. Maybe ill race you some time, might be a perfect matchup
No I am

0.12 SR proves that. Spending time in Rookie Legends is hell, go high? Hit. Go low? Hit. Spin in a turn? Wave goodbye to SR.
Quote from Nick7 :Because it seems it's one of big hold-ups for everything else.

Only circumstantially. Any other car that had highlighted the WIP physics' shortcomings as the Sirroco did, would've been blamed for holding up LFS development.
#31 - senn
go get a real car, and see if you can get it track ready before S3 comes out. At least you won't be here annoying any of us anymore

Upside is even if you win you'll be able to race.
Quote from Bmxtwins :
btw: i heard your the ultimately worst driver on ovals. Maybe ill race you some time.

You should, you'll most likely lose to him.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :No I am

0.12 SR proves that. Spending time in Rookie Legends is hell, go high? Hit. Go low? Hit. Spin in a turn? Wave goodbye to SR.

mine went from 3.55 to 1.55 in one race of a blown motor and landing on my roof.

Got it up to 2.86 but too many idiots to have fun.
@Jason:
I assume you're speaking of the spec racer when talking about the braking condition, but that's not iRacing physics, that's the nature of the car.
Everyone I've spoken to about it says that's the way it is.

As far as the physics go, some things are worse than LFS, some are better.
You Just need to decide which you want more; driving alone with great physics or racing with others with acceptable physics.
Iracing tire physics aren't perfect , but neither is LFS's.
Hence the long awaited update.
I can tell you the tire physics comparison is a lot closer than the aerodynamics, as LFS's Aero is utter shit.

Yes the SR system is questionable sometimes, but the Active-user to Banned-user ratio is a ton better, as wreckers don't last. Ever.

I was Just linked to a video clip yesterday of a LFS league race where someone drove right through someone else "because he had blue flag for two laps"
You don't get that in iracing official series because it affects both people.

The cost, well you don't have to buy everything. You can buy everything, but there's no need to buy it all at once.
One extra hour of work a week can get you a new car or track.
But at least new content is available. You don't find yourself browsing the iracing forums hoping for new content, because you either don't have it all, or you're still out enjoying the content you do have.

The point is, both have their ups and Downs. But LFS in its current state is down.

I can guarantee that if you put that post in the iracing forum, you're going to get a lot more people disagreeing with your opinion.

You have every right to feel the way you do, but its really pointless to rant negatively here....
Quote from Bmxtwins :mine went from 3.55 to 1.55 in one race of a blown motor and landing on my roof.

Got it up to 2.86 but too many idiots to have fun.

3.55 to 0.12 in about four races. Beat THAT.

Yes the SR system is questionable sometimes, but the Active-user to Banned-user ratio is a ton better, as wreckers don't last. Ever.

Spend time in the Rookie series then say that, you get wreckers there.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :3.55 to 0.12 in about four races. Beat THAT.

Spend time in the Rookie series then say that, you get wreckers there.

I, just like everyone else, did spend time in the rookie series.
If you can't manage to get past it, then maybe iracing isn't for you.
Believe me, I'm a LFS fanboy, but right now its not much more than wasted space on my G: drive.....
Quote from Bmxtwins :are you that incompetant?

btw: i heard your the ultimately worst driver on ovals. Maybe ill race you some time, might be a perfect matchup

Did Michele tell you that? Your iRating and SR are worse than mine, so stick up a hosted session and I'll give you a race.

Maybe we could also put you in the MX-5, see if you're any better than Turkey

And btw if you're going to complain about incompetence, at least make sure you spell the word correctly
Quote from z-ro 8 :I, just like everyone else, did spend time in the rookie series.
If you can't manage to get past it, then maybe iracing isn't for you.
Believe me, I'm a LFS fanboy, but right now its not much more than wasted space on my G: drive.....

I can, but I don't have the motivation to slog through it and the bad drivers (currently)

Amem to this, and better saying it twice than none, or even once!

Quote from boothy :Maybe we could also put you in the MX-5, see if you're any better than Turkey

And btw if you're going to complain about incompetence, at least make sure you spell the word correctly

Double
Quote from z-ro 8 :@Jason:
I assume you're speaking of the spec racer when talking about the braking condition, but that's not iRacing physics, that's the nature of the car.
Everyone I've spoken to about it says that's the way it is.

As far as the physics go, some things are worse than LFS, some are better.
You Just need to decide which you want more; driving alone with great physics or racing with others with acceptable physics.
Iracing tire physics aren't perfect , but neither is LFS's.
Hence the long awaited update.
I can tell you the tire physics comparison is a lot closer than the aerodynamics, as LFS's Aero is utter shit.

I was Just linked to a video clip yesterday of a LFS league race where someone drove right through someone else "because he had blue flag for two laps"
You don't get that in iracing official series because it affects both people.

The cost, well you don't have to buy everything. You can buy everything, but there's no need to buy it all at once.
One extra hour of work a week can get you a new car or track.
But at least new content is available. You don't find yourself browsing the iracing forums hoping for new content, because you either don't have it all, or you're still out enjoying the content you do have.

The point is, both have their ups and Downs. But LFS in its current state is down.

I can guarantee that if you put that post in the iracing forum, you're going to get a lot more people disagreeing with your opinion.

You have every right to feel the way you do, but its really pointless to rant negatively here....

I agree, but this is the official rant thread
Quote from boothy :Did Michele tell you that? Your iRating and SR are worse than mine, so stick up a hosted session and I'll give you a race.

Maybe we could also put you in the MX-5, see if you're any better than Turkey

ooooohhhh good insult, iracing couldnt change my driver name because of weekend break crap or something...

you really are pathetic LOL.
Great post, Jason!

I agree with you although I think iRacing has the better physics and graphics.
Quote from Bmxtwins :ooooohhhh good insult

you really are pathetic LOL.

Quote from Bmxtwins :btw: i heard your the ultimately worst driver on ovals.

just gonna quote this

also i do like that your method of backing up your own point was to tell the guy you were arguing against that he is a terrible driver
Quote from ChiliFan :just gonna quote this

also i do like that your method of backing up your own point was to tell the guy you were arguing against that he is a terrible driver

considering that I am a crappy driver myself

it was pretty much a jest, but I have heard mike is rather pitiful on ovals.
I think that everyoneone has a bit of thruth in their post here, at first when i saw Jasons' post
i was going to put "+11million, it is soo my point of view also..."
but i think it's up to taste here. I have tried iRacing twice, i really tried to get used with the system and everything, it didn't work out for me.
iRacing does not attract me at all and wouldn't consider to spend even 1 dollar on that game.

On the lfs side of things, i'm not amused anymore aswell but i do get into the hype then and there (if i should bother to run it).
For me, lfs has the touch, but not the sparkle anymore. So i have to spend my time simless currently,
my only wish were if they would finally release some new content/updates...perhaps the sparkle could return.

i think you know perfectly well that the scirocco is merely a symptom and not the underlying cause of why the formerly ultra loyal community is turning their back on lfs more and more
Only because you're all poor doesnt mean iRacing is worse.
Its better than lfs.

And yeah, I just said that. New tyre-physics coming to iRacing soon as well. Oh, and it actually comes.
right thats it... im poor
no im actually fully behind turkey on this one... no ones going to get my money and then reserve the right to tell me how and when i play his game
Quote from Tomhah :Only because you're all poor doesnt mean iRacing is worse.
Its better than lfs.

That's a maturity speaking there definately!
Even if i were swimming in money why would i pay for something that i don't like?
Quote from Tomhah :Only because you're all poor doesnt mean iRacing is worse.
Its better than lfs.

And yeah, I just said that. New tyre-physics coming to iRacing soon as well. Oh, and it actually comes.

sure sure rich boy enjoy crappy racing in a crappy racing game

I need to vent
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG