The online racing simulator
Did you guys try to adjust deadzone and linearity settings?
I can't be arsed to take out DFP, but it seems it could help.
It's in controls menu, under second to last tab.
Quote from Rappa Z :I though that these guys might just be a bunch of whiny LFSers, but I just had my first go and with a wheel and it is that bad. Have a 60 degree deadzone in the middle of the wheel, then it goes to full lock. Same goes for the brake and probably the gas, but it's pedal to floor anyway. FFB is little more than resistance (the deadzone has no resistance). Ultimately, its just unplayable with a wheel. I'm going to try a joystick tommorow (Yes, a joystick, lulz) and if that doesn't work it's going to be mouse and keyboard.

Not worth playing until they patch it.

I get the same thing with the PS3 and G25. Even with the deadzone setting at 0 there is still a massive deadzone. The steering isn't linear and there isn't a setting (on the PS3 anyway) to adjust it.

You can try adjusting the settings in the menu but all they do is make the car even more undrivable. It gets a little better with the PS3 pad but still worse than TDU1.

TDU1 wasn't brilliant on the physics front but it was still quite fun to drive, I wasn't expecting a sim but I expected it to be better or at least on par with TDU1.
Grrrrrrr!

The game is making it harder and harder for me to like it.

The damn sound problems are starting to really piss me off. I have to restart the game like a 100 times before the static/cracking noise would go away.

Anyone know what the problem may be?
Hilarious fail by Atari

Club cash glitch
despite all the bugs and the failures this game has in it...ill still get when i can afford it

and btw...wait for a much delayed patch that fixes a few, and brings much more problems....like TDU 1
with all the negatives i'm beginning to think i shouldnt get it for pc? does the wheel work or what? sorry for asking so much
My G25 does work , only thing I did was turn the brake linearity to the right.
I kinda like the game, its quite enjoyable actually.
I love the MP4-12C

Fast as hell, quick to turn and brake
Yeah, may be regretting my pre-order now.

How could they not improve on TDU1? They had the base there, just tweak the handling, up the graphics a little and it would have been more of a step forward then what im hearing atm
btw does everyone realise to increase the sensitivity you move the slider downwards? They are opposite to most other games so to the right is less sensitive and to the left is more.
Just been playing around with the settings and I've found it's alot better by moving all the sliders from sensitivity to deadzone all the way left and all the linearity sliders all the way right. The steering seems to be fully linear now. The brake pedal seems to act like a switch at whatever the linearity setting is set to.

This is on a G25.
I bought it for 360. gu3sticle if anyone wants to try to troll me, not that I like the online thing anyway, prefer to be offline.
I don't get why people are giving this game a bad review or slagging it off.

Ok once I first got on it, it was annoying cause my FFB wasn't working and the steering had a massive deadzone. But with a few tweaks the deadzone is gone. Fixed the FFB issue with a couple of tweaks in the logitech profiler and the insta'stop brakes are fixed in-game with the brake linearity slider setting. I've got mine at the right hand side or the slider settings.

Like you said Luke.S pretty much all the sliders work in different ways. Sometimes the right size is max settings other times the left side is the max settings haha.

Here's a quick screenshot of my in-game settings.
Check the attachments.

But personally I love the game, ok the physics are abit crap compared to TDU1, yeah I agree with what some people have said. But the graphics are better the general feel of the game is good and its got more depth helped with that story line. The last game made me feel horrible having to do races such as the one where you drive round the whole of the Hawaii island to get 1mill or something.
Attached images
Logitech settings.jpg
in-game settings.jpg
Can the people who said they had the controller issues please respond?

Have you tried the above - can it really be not that bad as you've put it out. Obviously, not expecting a lot, but they way its been described ain't leaving much to be desired. Would appreciate an informed choice before shelling out if it really ain't worth it... Thanks.
I have been playing it for a while now and I have to say the physics is frustrating for me. It's not realistic enough, nor arcade-ish enough. I find this VERY frustrating.
Quote from Silverracer :Can the people who said they had the controller issues please respond?

Have you tried the above - can it really be not that bad as you've put it out. Obviously, not expecting a lot, but they way its been described ain't leaving much to be desired. Would appreciate an informed choice before shelling out if it really ain't worth it... Thanks.

No FFB on G25 regardless of Profiler or in-game settings. Got steering working decent enough by setting it to 200 degrees and moved linearity slider 3 clicks to left. Brakes are still working like crap and good linearity value for normal driving doesn't work very well on offroads where brakes are super sensitive and make car pull heavily to either left or right.
Anyone know how to get rid of that Touraeg with riceflame stickers and pink Mustang? Won them at those duels and now they occupied two places in my garage. Can't sell them, can't repaint them, can't delete them, ffs.
Oh god this game is such a pain in the ass. Just tested it today. First of all the graphics aren't that good, they are ok, tho AA and AF don't seem to work, everything is blurry. Good thing I can force them from drivers. Also even if my FPS performance doesn't seem that poor everything feels very jerky.
Overall it probably took me 2 hours to get the controllers configured. There doesn't seem to be any option that would make the steering 100% linear without any deadzone. Brake and clutch are pretty much on/off no matter what you do. Using clutch in the Lancia Delta is quite funny actually since it always stalls when I take off, but it doesn't matter the car keeps going anyway lol. Also, whatthehell, this Lancia with it's turbo 4-pot engine has the sound of a V8, they just have tried to mix it somehow to make it sound like a 4-cylinder, doesn't work, it simply isn't possible to take a sample of a cross-plane crankshaft V8 and make it sound like 4-cylinder. Also most of the cars seem to feature this gear whine from a racing gearbox with straight cut gears, it just sounds stupid and even worse is the annoying "clonk" what I hear when changing gears.

Back to the controllers, I can get the FFB work, kinda. It is there but it doesn't seem to be logical in any way, it doesn't tell anything about what the car is doing, under or oversteer. Seems like it's only a pointless effect.
Car handling is weird, car is basically just a box what is animated to go where driver tells it to go.

Incar view is annoying, camera keeps turning and moving annoyingly, bonnet or bumper cams are better but even those keep shaking a bit constantly which is annoying also. And there is also this annoying speed blur...

I actually started a fresh save, but all this unskibbable cutscene crap with all this lifestyle fashion etc. faggotry pushed me to the edge of rage. Finally when I got to test drive this old Lotus Esprit at the used car dealership I didn't get much time. A very DELIGHTFUL blue screen of death appeared.
Now I decided to search for a save and one was found, so I downloaded a "cheat" save with lots of money, both islands etc. Now I can finally configure the game and test drive it in peace. Oh well it didn't change my opinion much since driving yet didn't feel in any way enjoyable. I drove an old Ferrari 308 and then went to the RUF dealership and got me a "Porsche". Assigned myself a GPS target to the other edge of the map so I could just try to get in to the driving stuff. Well I drove maybe for 1 minute and then while browsing menus it BSOD'd again.
I'm failing to get the point of this game, it doesn't give the player driving pleasure of any kind. This is a driving game so I think driving pleasure is the most important aspect of gameplay.

DON'T PAY FOR THIS CRAP. At least not yet because the game isn't ready yet.

I'm gonna let it sit in my HD for a while and if they release some patches I might give this product a second change.

-EDIT- Forgot to mention, it seems that there is one thing that has improved from TDU1. Traffic cars don't anymore spawn in front of you, so now you can actually check the road before overtaking if there is room or not.
Well, I cant feel any FF, it just doesn't work. TDU1 actually had nice force feedback, it was driveable. Aside from that, the game is crap.
IMO the only huge problem with TDU1 was the awful roads. While they managhed to fix that, they screwed up everything else.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Well, I cant feel any FF, it just doesn't work. TDU1 actually had nice force feedback, it was driveable. Aside from that, the game is crap.

From windows game controllers I added some spring and damper effect for G25 (usually they are at zero for me) and checked the allow game to adjust settings. With these settings there were some FFB but still it was pointless.

Quote from Rappa Z :IMO the only huge problem with TDU1 was the awful roads. While they managhed to fix that, they screwed up everything else.

Gotta agree with you.
I don't mind it all that much. The roads seem a bit bland on console (very very little traffic, no pedestrians) but it's not extremely awful to drive. I had fun for the 3 hours I played it last night.
Quote from Rappa Z :IMO the only huge problem with TDU1 was the awful roads. While they managhed to fix that, they screwed up everything else.

They hired EA Tiburon to develop the game?

Oh now I know why it seems to be a step sideways

Test Drive Unlimited 2
(984 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG