The online racing simulator
I'd wait for the servers to be online, then get all the updates. Check the beta forum for the next test.
So, gone gold... Anyone planning to get it? Make a LfS-group?
I'll probably get it.

Wonder how long will it take for the bike's DLC to come out though.
pre ordered on steam. Can't wait.
Waiting for my review copy. I kinda hate it that they don't have something like an ultimate edition that contains all cars that are extra at some shops when you pre-order it...

I hope they fixed the handling. Didn't like it at all during the beta.
Well, if the state of the latest beta was anything to go by then I won't get it.
I don't even know why they bothered with betatesters, to be honest...
are there any recent gameplay videos? i need to upgrade my gaming pc, but if the game is good, i'll certainly give it a go...
Quote from Luke.S :pre ordered on steam. Can't wait.

were you in the beta? is NDA still in effect?
Quote from Gabkicks :were you in the beta? is NDA still in effect?

Tried the beta. From what I saw it was better gfx than TDU. No more stupid roads which made you fly away. Cars drove looked and sounded better. And the online quite stable.
Which beta did you try, Luke.S? I was in till the end and it pretty much sucked all the way. They fixed most of the crashes though.

I haven't got any notice that the NDA is lifted, so I guess it's still in effect. Probably will be until releaseday.
The NDA will never be lifted. They said that you may never speak about it, or show pictures/video's about it, even when the game is released.
Quote from Bose321 :The NDA will never be lifted. They said that you may never speak about it, or show pictures/video's about it, even when the game is released.

Beta or full? I've seen beta vids/press vids on Youtube

Got a source for that too?
I din't care anymore. The Beta ended, teh game is gone gold. Didn't even get a 'thank you' and the game pretty much sucks. I may get it if they fixed Oahu to the Ibiza standard, but not if they didn't. Ibiza is just too small to hold interest. You cross the island in a few minutes. Oahu you can drive for hours, just exploring. Ibiza is fully exlored in an hour, unless you drive the speed limits.
pile o crap dont buy it
Quote from atledreier :I din't care anymore. The Beta ended, teh game is gone gold. Didn't even get a 'thank you' and the game pretty much sucks. I may get it if they fixed Oahu to the Ibiza standard, but not if they didn't. Ibiza is just too small to hold interest. You cross the island in a few minutes. Oahu you can drive for hours, just exploring. Ibiza is fully exlored in an hour, unless you drive the speed limits.

that sucks.......so Oahu is still the same low poly roads?
Dunno, we never got to try Oahu. They say they fixed it to match Ibiza, but if that means they use the same textures or they updated the roads and scenery I don't know.
i played the beta for like a month than i delelted it,coz it was eating away my C drive with all the updates.
Bose, reading their statment literally, it means (o noez) nobody can review it

Another dev tried that and look what happened to them

I'm being sarcatic
I am getting it and I'm getting it for my love of the original:

Quote from Dygear @ FinalGear :My thing with TDU was that it was a lark, it was not about the racing for me, and while that was also fun it was more about getting together with some mates in some very fast cars and just hanging out. It was the best aspect of the game really. I did not care that it was not a hard core sim racer, I did not care that some of the road modeling was questionable because you experienced it as a group. If I wanted to do some hard core sim racing I would go race in Live For Speed with the same group of people, but some times you just wanted to relax a little and hang out.

My best memory with TDU, with the Eagle Race Team and I feel On-Line racing as a whole was me and some of the eagles going in each of our favorite cars. I find myself in a McLaren F1 / SLR or a Triumph Daytona depending on my mood that day, you would find the team leader, SmokyTyrz in a Koenigsegg, you would find Can-Man in a Pagani Zonda, you would see Dougie in a AC 289 '64. It's quite funny how each car reflected our personality and we would attack each other on our choices too. Myself in the fastest of the fast because I had to be the best, Smokey would be in the laid back cool Koenigsegg because he was laid back and cool, Canadaman would be in the out there Pagani Zonda becuase he was kinda out there, and Dougie, being the oldest member of our group would be in the oldest car offered in the game the AC. Playing the game with them felt like an episode of Top Gear. It felt like we where taking a driver in a million pound / dollar supper cars just like you see Jezza, Hammond and May doing on TV. We would drive from one side of the island to the other challenging each other on the way, talking over Ventrilo.

TDU is a sandbox of a game. If you allow it, imagination can take flight there, friendships can be forged and grow stronger within the environment it provides. Some times it's not what the game intended to offer, but what it accidentally allows.

Source: Dygear @ Finalgear on Test Drive Unlimited

I'm getting it for the same reason, I just want to hang out with my mates and show off in fast cars. We are also going to try and create a decent club for our gaming channel, where we will invite all our subscribers to join too.
I pre ordered, it's not a hardcore race sim.

Inivte me ATC. I'm subbed
i may buy it too just for the heck of it.its better than tdu1,and ill never forget that game.i loved when we got together like 10 ppl and just drove around the island,go to anywhere etc. it was good fun.I am interrested in the single player function too.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I pre ordered, it's not a hardcore race sim.

Inivte me ATC. I'm subbed

Yeh will be, going to smash the game to get a club early on and make a video on youtube for people to post gamertags to get invites.
What version are you getting XBOX360 / PS3 / PC? Does it matter? Can I still play with you if you get the PS3 version and I play on PC?

I've also not decided yet what version of the game I want. I was thinking about getting the PC version, because it was pretty awesome at the time when I had TDU. I don't own a 360, but I don't mind getting a PS3 version but I would like to be able to expand the game with addons outside of what we get from Atari.

So what are you all getting?

PSN: Dyflmez
PC: Dygear

Test Drive Unlimited 2
(984 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG