The online racing simulator
World cup starts today
(386 posts, started )
Wow, Brazil sucks so far.

They would have deserved two losses, so that they could drive home after the group phase. illepall
england is winning 1-0
Quote from faster111 :england is winning 1-0

Not
Buahahahaha

Great match from Sweden, too bad to England what happened to Owen. Looked horrible.
#80 - JJ72
looks like a suspension failure. O_O
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Czech for the cup!! i say!

well maybe not, not after the Ghana arse whooping we got the other day. Very hard to qualify now. Need a win against italy or draw with italy but need usa to beat ghana...

after thursday i am gonna feel down if we go out..... will have to find somepne else to gun for.... Germany or Argentina!!!!!
I would take Argentina.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I said before the start of the competition that Owen wouldn't remain fit.

It won't make a difference anyway, England only ever score from the midfield.

Yet again, Sven makes a complete balls up. Owen going home, Walcott not touched a ball, and Defoe sitting at home watching the games. Sven's team selection and management skills are as good as a Nine Yr old.

All of england saying this year, this is our year. Not a hope in hell. The year england actually get a chance is, when they replace the selectors at the FA. 66, LOL, yes 2066
#84 - Ant
-
All seems quiet on the Owen front this morning. It wasn't nice!

England still have a chance mind, Rooney will be coming good just at the right point. Who knows what can happen then, he really is that good!

Better than Gazza, FACT!
well, you lucky guys escaped us for now, but in final we'll get back to you... Ah no, you'd prolly have lost to a team that doesnt make self-goals, stays good in defence against your lucky shots and a referee that sees the nice hair-trick by Crouch (HOW THE HELL CAN HE CAN KEEP UPRIGHT ON THOSE LEGS???). So far you scored one real skill goal, and that was the 2-1 yesterday (which was actually nice), but the rest was luck, unfair or selfgoal. You wont make it far...

OK, enough of the Brits-bashing, time for one of the probably most entertaining games to come: Argentina vs. Netherlands tonight. That'll rock. I guess both can beat Portugal and Angola (Yeah, they'll get mexico ), so for them it's just important to look for the "right" way in the tournament tree.
#87 - Smax
I genuinely think that if both teams play to win the group then Holland VS Argentina will be the best game of the entire world cup.
I don't think England have a chance to be honest (and I'm glad ), they could meet Argentina, Holland, Portugal or Mexico in the Quarter-Final. They probably have the strongest midfield in the tournement, but they're just not performing aswell as they should be. Their defence is great too, the goals they conceded last night showed how bad they're performing too.
-
Argentina will crush Holland !
Quote from Michel 4AGE :Argentina will crush Holland !

Yep,they will
Quote : The defence is great when the first-choice four are fit, but missing Neville and Ferdinand it looked like it was falling apart.

First-choice four or not, they're still not as strong as they could be. I think a 5-3-2 with Rooney playing a free-role upfront like he does for United would work wonders, counting on he is fully fit. Plus, the extra man at the back could provide good backup for Ferdinand's clumsyness.

Quote from BBC Sport :Spanish daily 20 Minutos claims Nostradamus tipped Spain to win the World Cup. It quotes one of his prophecies as follows: "In the sixth month of 2006 the King of Spain will cross the Pyrenees with his troops. The legions of Beelzebub will battle him in central Europe and suffer doom and destruction. The Holy Grail will then come to Spain."

My money is now on Spain.
-
From now on the proper football ends....
From today "23rd June" the real football ends. From this point on the curse of penalty shoot outs could decide the beautiful game.
What a disgrace this lottery has been to decide so many games over the years.
How are penalties a lottery?

It depends on the nerves of the player, that shoots, and on the ability of the goalkeeper.

And dont tell me, you would want games to be 200+ minutes long? Imagine, a team wins a game after so many minutes (if they even are able to stand then) and they have to play again only 4 or 5 days later.
US lost yesterday

not bad for a country that doesnt really love the sport like.. places like spain and other european countries
Quote from XCNuse :US lost yesterday

not bad for a country that doesnt really love the sport like.. places like spain and other european countries

Hmmm. the reason we lost was to make Ghana look good - yeah right.
Face it. Here in the US the only ppl that play soccer are suburban white kids
or undocumented workers.
We just suck at soccer. Period. (anyone in the US or Canada should Listen to Jim Rome's sports show, he sums it up the best I think.)

I seen one of the players on Jimmy Kimble a while back, but I didn't even know
the US team was even playing (lol we HAD a world cup team???... WHY???)
The only reason the US made it this far was cause some Italian dude screwed up and kicked the ball in his own goal (i guess they don't do random pp tests for that sport )

XC is right though, soccer is just not supported much here at all
Also, with the world cup trying to compete against the NBA finals here...
Nobody really even thought about soccer til after Miami won. And more people were distraught over the Pittsburg quarter back getting into a motorcycle wreck than the loss to Czechoslavakia.

They really did try to hype it up here this year, but I don't think it's
gonna happen...

We just don't have the attention span.
Quote from Racer Y :
...the loss to Czechoslavakia.

Don´t live in the past. Czech republic and Slovakia went each on their separate ways years ago. They lost to the Czech republic.
Quote from Cropsy :

Quote from BBCSport :Spanish daily 20 Minutos claims Nostradamus tipped Spain to win the World Cup. It quotes one of his prophecies as follows: "In the sixth month of 2006 the King of Spain will cross the Pyrenees with his troops. The legions of Beelzebub will battle him in central Europe and suffer doom and destruction. The Holy Grail will then come to Spain."

My money is now on Spain.

ROLF, there's a Nostradamus prophecy for everything And this is very funny XD
:inq:

Here we go France!!! I hope this is finally our year and at least manage to get past the quarter finals. "A por elloooos, oooeeeee!!!"
Quote from Eldanor :ROLF, there's a Nostradamus prophecy for everything And this is very funny XD
:inq:

Here we go France!!! I hope this is finally our year and at least manage to get past the quarter finals. "A por elloooos, oooeeeee!!!"

Sadly you have to overcome Argentina !
This will not happen, so Spain is doomed
:headbang: :elefant: :laola:
Argentina didn't beat us, Portugal - Netherlands tomorrow, yay:yipee:

World cup starts today
(386 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG