The online racing simulator
NASCAR The Game 2011
(238 posts, started )
I assume there is a cockpit view?
That's NR2k3-ish. I like

I'm guessing you can't adjust seat distance a-la GTR2?
that looks really good (graphics wise)
Well bob if they aren't selling in the UK can you atleast wangle some autographed copies for yer fellow LFS'ers We know you love us
Where are those promissed crash-scenes?

Other than that the framrate seems to be more stable now, compared to earlier versions.
Looking forward to it
Voices are allways important in games, hope they succeed and make out a great atmosphere within the game.
Of all the publishers to choose... With their recent decisions, they seem to be on a mission to self-destruct IMO. I thought Eutechnyx were published by System3?
Quote from The Very End :Voices are allways important in games, hope they succeed and make out a great atmosphere within the game.

I hope they use Dr. Jerry Punch. I think he's the best voice for the sport. If not I hope they don't chose any of the ESPN team. If they use the FOX team it wouldn't be too bad a choice, but DW isn't really the best voice for a video game either IMO.
I don't have much knowlege on that matter, do you have any ref.'s or videos of something that makes it possible for us n00bs to compared their work?
New video posted on NASCAR.com reguarding the voices of the game. Performance Racing Network's voices are doing the commentating. This is possably the best since the networks (FOX and NBC/ESPN) both have crack pots in their teams (Almost all of NBC/ESPN and DW for FOX). The radio broadcast team doesn't seem to have anybody like this.

Video link: http://www.nascar.com/video/pr ... ascar-the-game/index.html
Seeing that was interesting. They got Ty Norris?? Must get it!

Although...I think, and get disagreed with here, that trying to make a broadcast type game isn't going to work. In a way, radio allows more freedom than a TV type package in games.

However...I'd rather have the driving nailed before adding commentary guys
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Seeing that was interesting. They got Ty Norris?? Must get it!

Although...I think, and get disagreed with here, that trying to make a broadcast type game isn't going to work. In a way, radio allows more freedom than a TV type package in games.

However...I'd rather have the driving nailed before adding commentary guys

I think PRN will be doing the pre-race and post-race talking, but it'll probaby just be the spotter in in-race conditions. NASCAR '98, '98 ect. were not done in this way and it was odd IMO to have the broadcast team talking to you in the middle of the race.
That was my point about how a broadcast type experience is (IMO) the wrong direction for sports games to be headed in. As in it gets stale and kills immersion
#193 - Uke
Quote from DieKolkrabe :That was my point about how a broadcast type experience is (IMO) the wrong direction for sports games to be headed in. As in it gets stale and kills immersion

thhereeeeeeees a soiiter
new vid on the way...
Looking quite good, sadly I only have a computer
I'm surely gonna buy it when it comes out.
I'd buy it, but I don't have anything to play it It's looking great though
for anybody worries about it being too easy, it was confirmed that the AI was on medium on that video and the ai has been tweaked since that video has been taken.

NASCAR The Game 2011
(238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG