The online racing simulator
NASCAR The Game 2011
(238 posts, started )
Release date pushed back to end of March now then
Do you want a bugged game or not? Better to wait and then enjoy the product.
Pushed back release date doesn't guarantee bug free now does it
Aww come on

But Bob, use the extra time to make a PC version
The videos postes looks great.
Quote from danowat :Pushed back release date doesn't guarantee bug free now does it

Not at all. It does guarantee less bugs, though.

Quote from The Very End :But Bob, use the extra time to make a PC version

No new features despite the time extension I'm afraid, it's all for bug fixing and feature polishing. Hopefully the top bods will give PC the green light for the next game. Ed Martin said we don't want to compete with iRacing but I don't think we would be, just because we'd be making a racing game with the same car in on the same platform. Clearly after a different slice of the market.
Quote from Bob Smith :
No new features despite the time extension I'm afraid, it's all for bug fixing and feature polishing. Hopefully the top bods will give PC the green light for the next game. Ed Martin said we don't want to compete with iRacing but I don't think we would be, just because we'd be making a racing game with the same car in on the same platform. Clearly after a different slice of the market.

Bob, over at SRD they're saying you won't release due to piracy concerns/iRacing having NASCAR license on PC

Any truth in it? I'm tempted to PM you a link to that threa
I'll still buy a copy for 360 and PS3 just to show support.
yeah im interested in the ps3 version..but g25 support, and what aspects are supported?

sorry if its already been asked...and if it was it was probably by me
Quote from logitekg25 :yeah im interested in the ps3 version..but g25 support, and what aspects are supported?

Steering wheel, pedals, shifter, and force feedback. Everything except the clutch.

Quote from DieKolkrabe :Bob, over at SRD they're saying you won't release due to piracy concerns/iRacing having NASCAR license on PC

Any truth in it? I'm tempted to PM you a link to that threa

You could PM me a link, but to my knowledge, iRacing do not have an exclusive licence.

Quote from Chrisuu01 :Wow that car at infineon looks rather good for a game that isn't full sim.

Depends on your interpretation of "full sim". There are certainly arcade elements to the gameplay, but not the driving dynamics. So as a package it's not a full sim, but turn off the stuff you don't like and get to the driving core and sim racers should be more than happy.

Quote from Chrisuu01 :The developer statded that dont want to compete with full sims but it does look like a nice mix between arcade and sim.

We take the approach of laying arcade aspect over the top of a sim engine, so as to not dilute the driving experience for those who want it. I can't think of a better way to appeal to both sim racers and casual racers without any horrid solutions like toggleable arcade physics.
I don't know what's gotten in my head, but I am now actually interested in this...I like Infineon and some road course however the oval part still isn't my thing, but somehow I want it???!!!

btw 40+ cars on a console is crazy, I hope they can retain that and still have a smooth game.

Btw that Infineon video seems way over saturated? Or is the place filled with chocolate powder lol.
having seen this on insidesimracing i'm very tempted, even if it means getting a wheel for my sons xbox or a ps3 to go with my logitech wheel. ideally a pc version would be the solution but unless they change plans that's not going to happen .

ed martin seems to be going out of his way to praise up iracing so there may be a bit of not wanting to intrude on dave kaemmer's turf having worked together though personally i suspect that NASCAR 2011 on all platforms with it's scalability between arcade and serious(ish) sim may act as a great way of introducing possible future iracers to the concept of serious online racing.
oval can be a blast imo, count me in to buy a copy eventually
Quote from Bob Smith :Steering wheel, pedals, shifter, and force feedback. Everything except the clutch.

You guys did the same in Ferrari- and Supercar Challenge. Is it a problem to provide clutch support, or is it because you simply don't want to include it?
I know why we couldn't just drop it in at the moment; our transmission model needs a bit more work for that. We could drop it in as is but then you'd all be complaining you can't stall and don't need to clutch to change gear. What I don't know is why the designer or producer didn't want me to add it, then I could have made all the necessary improvements. Be happy I at least took the liberty of making neutral available to sequential manuals, before it was only selectable if you had an H shifter.

If enough people ask for it after release, no doubt they'll ask me to do it for the next game. They're very focused on the casual gaming market first, sim racers second, so things like this can get left behind. A large portion of the dev team (and Activision's QA, you should see the bugs I get!) are just into games, rather than being into racing sims or cars at all. You can't blame them for not having the interest but there's not a lot you can do about it apart from pointing things out.
Seems very strange that this is being developed in the UK but will only be sold in the US.
Import copies

It's what I'll be doing
Quote from DeKo :Seems very strange that this is being developed in the UK but will only be sold in the US.

Huh?, really?
Quote from danowat :Huh?, really?

Yes, Activision are only publishing in the US, as presumably that's the only market they think it will sell in sufficient volume to be worth their troubles. I think historically, previous NASCAR games have mostly sold over there. They should at least set up some online shop for Europe to save everyone having to import copies from the States though.

New 1 min dev diary regarding car setups:
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox ... 068/g-2010111815425601069
Will have to be a PS3 purchase then, thats region free, the 360 is region locked.
To quote the producer for this game:
Quote from davet :To clarify, the PS3 version is region free. The Xbox 360 version can be player in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. The is no region lock online so you should be able to play each other worldwide.

Hmmm...are you 100% sure on this?, I was certain you couldn't play NTSC games on a PAL 360 console.......
Quote from Bob Smith :Yes, Activision are only publishing in the US, as presumably that's the only market they think it will sell in sufficient volume to be worth their troubles. I think historically, previous NASCAR games have mostly sold over there. They should at least set up some online shop for Europe to save everyone having to import copies from the States though.

New 1 min dev diary regarding car setups:
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox ... 068/g-2010111815425601069

EA games were sold over here. Papy ones too

I have a few links for importing games. Only trouble is nobody'll let me trade them in
For anyone who's bought a NASCAR game before (or are very seriously considering buying one), I'm trying to see how much of a North American bias there is to the fanbase, so I've started another map of players, but for NASCAR (no specific game in mind) rather than LFS. If you're interested, stick yourself on.

Cheers

NASCAR The Game 2011
(238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG