The online racing simulator
G27 vs. GT3 RS V2
(110 posts, started )
WOW, the Xbox compatibility it's 80€ worth???
(and that is after including the extras the GT2 CS includes over the GT3 CS, which cost 105€)
Yeah. It's painful, but on the other hand it does need some extra development, I think (firmware, Xbox wireless stuff and dynamic button icons that actually change depeding on the system you're using). And who knows how much Microsoft's controller license costs... Maybe there isn't one for force feedback wheels, but rather they had to meet up for a contract or something? We probably have Microsoft to blame for most of the cost :P.
#78 - zapz
Quote from sysoosi :Actually I'm not a diy guy so my choice would be the clubsport clamp. I guess I could buy one later on if the stock one isn't good enough for me. It's not like they're running out of them.

I'd say it's more "McGyver-like" than DIY, but YMMV.

A hardware store should be able to cut the wood for you. Then all you need to do is buy 2 C clamps and three bolts. Then just drill 3 holes.

Total cost should be about $10-20 (assuming you have access to a drill) and it'll be uber sturdy.

On the other hand it's not the prettiest looking arrangement, but it sure beats having the wheel move around.
Well unfortunately I don't own a drill . After adding the cost of a cheapo drill, the price sets closer to Fanatec's clamp.

But yes the looks were probably my main concern. Thanks for telling me though .
a drill is much worth it
True. I probably should buy a drill anyways...

I might buy Fanatec's clubsport clamp after all. It has got adjustable angle and its shifter holder looks sturdier, things I hadn't really noticed before.

I wonder when I'll get my wheel if I order it on the 15th (payday)... Might have to wait for another batch .
Well, now it seems they have removed both clubsport editions from their store. Both GT3 and GT2 Clubsport editions. I wonder why? I still have one GT2 Clubsport Edition in my cart though, but I doubt my order would go through if I did checkout a "non-existant" product . Then again it's just a bundle so it might. I think the only saving there is you get carbon paddles for free... so I guess it doesn't even matter if I just bought them separately. I think this whole thing implies that they are having massive trouble actually producing those darned pedals.

I wish it was payday already, cause I want to order as soon as possible. The line is getting longer each day... I want my wheel for next christmas :mr-t:
#83 - zapz
They are worth the wait.
Well, I was researching this subject a few months back. From what I could find out is that I could either get a GT3 RS V2 + CS pedals = €350 or a G27 = €300. I mainly needed a wheel for drifting and not racing so the play in the center was not as important as wheel spinning speed and noise.

From all the reviews I found I deducted that G27 is better for drifting then the GT3. One thing I couldn't find is any mention about the "drift mode" on fanatec wheels, which seems to be a new feature. Anyone know what this does? On the other hand I like the fact that G27's shifter is a separate unit that comes in the package and with gt3rs i'd have to buy it separate. CS pedals are obviously worth their whole price, something i'll prolly invest in the long run. The wheel feel don't bother me too much either cause I have plans for replacing it with a nardi.

Now that I've got the g27 for a month I quite like it. Buttons on the wheel are anoying tho, and i'm not a big fan of how the shifter feels, maybe cause i'm used to a real one. Ultimatelly i want a shifter with an ffb motor for crunching gears feel.

But whats that DRIFT MODE on fanatec wheels guyz? maybe i was wrong and should swap to a fanatec while i still can...
Quote from OkaChan :Well, I was researching this subject a few months back. From what I could find out is that I could either get a GT3 RS V2 + CS pedals = €350 or a G27 = €300. I mainly needed a wheel for drifting and not racing so the play in the center was not as important as wheel spinning speed and noise.

From all the reviews I found I deducted that G27 is better for drifting then the GT3. One thing I couldn't find is any mention about the "drift mode" on fanatec wheels, which seems to be a new feature. Anyone know what this does? On the other hand I like the fact that G27's shifter is a separate unit that comes in the package and with gt3rs i'd have to buy it separate. CS pedals are obviously worth their whole price, something i'll prolly invest in the long run. The wheel feel don't bother me too much either cause I have plans for replacing it with a nardi.

Now that I've got the g27 for a month I quite like it. Buttons on the wheel are anoying tho, and i'm not a big fan of how the shifter feels, maybe cause i'm used to a real one. Ultimatelly i want a shifter with an ffb motor for crunching gears feel.

But whats that DRIFT MODE on fanatec wheels guyz? maybe i was wrong and should swap to a fanatec while i still can...

You should swap it anyways.

From what I noticed is that the turning goes smoother, and faster, but I need to really pay attention to it, to see what it does. They say that if you do this too much, the steer may go fast from right to left like in LFS with some people.
I am a G27 owner, and I have to say. The wheel is ****ing annoying. The leather on the wheel is coming off, it overheats after a short while, and the force feedback is LOUD AS HELL!

The wheel is smaller than the Fanatecs and it's thinner, but my hands are rather small, so it's fine.

I absolutely hate the push-down shifter, and this carpet grip system DOESN'T DO SHIT.

But the pedals are still pretty nice, and the force feedback is great. The gas an brake pedals DO in fact feel like a real car (tested on a ford explorer).

The clutch? Pfft I don't know.

Either way, I still prefer the G27 over the Fanatec, it's easy to modify and I hate being stared at by that Porsche logo when I'm driving a BMW.

[/rant]
Quote from pfpdoodlez2009 :I am a G27 owner, and I have to say. The wheel is ****ing annoying. The leather on the wheel is coming off, it overheats after a short while, and the force feedback is LOUD AS HELL!

The wheel is smaller than the Fanatecs and it's thinner, but my hands are rather small, so it's fine.

I absolutely hate the push-down shifter, and this carpet grip system DOESN'T DO SHIT.

But the pedals are still pretty nice, and the force feedback is great. The gas an brake pedals DO in fact feel like a real car (tested on a ford explorer).

The clutch? Pfft I don't know.

Either way, I still prefer the G27 over the Fanatec, it's easy to modify and I hate being stared at by that Porsche logo when I'm driving a BMW.

[/rant]

Are you sure? Last time I compared the Fanatec is alot smaller (except the wheel rim itself). How did you compare if I may ask? Watched some pictures? As for the logo, if that's a reason NOT to buy it, well... No words. You should know how many seconds it takes to take that little cover of... What exactly is easier to modify? Pedals are not for sure, and the wheel, why would you even modify that?

Btw, the pedals on a Ford Explorer are really shit you're saying? Do these also have potential meters? :')
Haha, how cute Bose.

I was complimenting the G27 pedals.

And, the Fanatec website show the specifications, and if you use the compare link, it says its a 12 inch wheel. The G27 is an 11 inch wheel.

All I'm saying is that you can easily mount the shifter lower, and you can modify EVERYTHING on the G27 (or G25). You can mod the FFB motors, wheel, paddle shifters, h-pattern shifter, the pedals, the springs on the pedals, you can modify the casing of the wheel, you can add a handbrake to it.

Please, tell me what you can modify on you Fanatec? I'd really like to know.

EDIT: And I meant the wheel rim, the other part of the wheel doesn't really matter.

But, the leather on this wheel feels a bit cheap, and the shift boot feels really fake.

Still, hit me with your best shot, bitch.
Attached images
2011-01-17 13-08-29.233.jpg
Quote from pfpdoodlez2009 :Haha, how cute Bose.

I was complimenting the G27 pedals.

And, the Fanatec website show the specifications, and if you use the compare link, it says its a 12 inch wheel. The G27 is an 11 inch wheel.

All I'm saying is that you can easily mount the shifter lower, and you can modify EVERYTHING on the G27 (or G25). You can mod the FFB motors, wheel, paddle shifters, h-pattern shifter, the pedals, the springs on the pedals, you can modify the casing of the wheel, you can add a handbrake to it.

Please, tell me what you can modify on you Fanatec? I'd really like to know.

EDIT: And I meant the wheel rim, the other part of the wheel doesn't really matter.

But, the leather on this wheel feels a bit cheap, and the shift boot feels really fake.

Still, hit me with your best shot, bitch.

Cute for responding. Read what I said. The wheel itself is smaller EXEPT the rim diameter.

Why couldn't you mod everything on a Fanatec I'd like to know why that's not possible?
I have done that several times. Problem? It maybe not as easy, but it's good mod-able. Reason is quite obvious why it's harder to do, as it's full of electronics. Besides, the wheel itself is great, so I don't see a reason to change it, unlike the G27.
There's no serious reason to mod the G27, it's just that people like to have a different wheel, and it's so easy to mod this wheel.

And blocking me on youtube isn't going to change anything.

Your wheel lag SUCKS
It lags more than the G27
Quote from pfpdoodlez2009 :There's no serious reason to mod the G27, it's just that people like to have a different wheel, and it's so easy to mod this wheel.

And blocking me on youtube isn't going to change anything.

Your wheel lag SUCKS
It lags more than the G27

Lol que?

There is no wheel lag? What's your problem?
I'm not lying, there is infact wheel lag between the wheel and the game.

I'm actually surprised that you don't notice it. o.O
Well I also agree G25/27 is just more popular thus also better modable cause its been around there for longer.

But my main concern is that DriftMode feature on fanatec wheels. Bose jij pannenkoek, what does that function do... you got a fanatec, no?!

btw my g27 is still well over 100€ cheaper then the RS2 with clubsports. Can't say im disappointed. But as everything in life it could be better...
Quote from Bose321 :I have done that several times. Problem? It maybe not as easy, but it's good mod-able. Reason is quite obvious why it's harder to do, as it's full of electronics. Besides, the wheel itself is great, so I don't see a reason to change it, unlike the G27.

that fanboyism only reason I could think of fanboyism like that is the product is rly shit and you want other ppl to make the same mistake than you did
I'd rather have a real sized real wheel (which you can get with the xtra 100euros) than some clumsy fat plastic fanatec shit.
You think your wheel rim feels better than g27s?
Looking back at this, I feel really nooby.

But now I'm serious:

I like Fanatec wheels, I was interested in the Fanatec 911 Carrera, and the GT2.

The drift mode is really useful, because the G27 doesn't exactly turn as fast (well I don't really know how to put it).

The Fanatec shifter is horrible. First, it makes the world's loudest clicks when you shift, and the only easy way to mount it is on the immediate left or right side of the wheel.

The G27 had wayyy more buttons than the Fanatecs (they have 14) and the G27 has 20+.

But Bose, you have serious fanboyism, blocking me on youtube (on BOTH of my channels) because I said that your wheel lagged horribly, that's horrible.

I can't believe I applied to your team, and I'm glad I backed out.

Have fun with your fake Porsche!
It's not really clear what it does, technically. Thus seems like not worth the swap for me. Anyone else got more info on DRIFTMODE?
Yeah, driftmode pretty much makes the wheel turn faster, and is more responsive, and realistic.

I think it's pretty cool, but I'm satisfied with my G27.

G27 vs. GT3 RS V2
(110 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG