The online racing simulator
G27 vs. GT3 RS V2
(110 posts, started )
i actually believe it uses both however it needs to depending on the situation, sometimes as one, but sometimes (as they put it) on a wooden bridge for example, they both push in opposite directions.
Quote from logitekg25 :and the fanatec like growls at you if you turn it...sounds nice

Heh second reason that I switched to Fanatec was loudness of Logitec's FFB and vibration motors My wife just couldn't sleep LOL

Fanatec is really strong but in same time it's smooth and quiet - just what I was looking for. You can just belive my word.

The only thing that I don't like is this vibration at software blocking points. I belive Fanatec added it for a good reason and most users are like it but I don't
eh i prefer logitech, but dont hate fanatec..im just giving him a hard time

we are mates, right?
Quote from Bose321 :It's normal I guess. Mine does it too.

So yours have vibration on softwsre block points ONLY when "Autocentre spring" option is OFF?
Or no matter it's ON or OFF?
Quote from logitekg25 :eh i prefer logitech, but dont hate fanatec..im just giving him a hard time

we are mates, right?

Of course we are!
By the way I am owner of:
1. Mouse
2. Keyboard
3. Microphone
4. Gamepad
5. Gaming keybad (G13)
6. USB pub
And all these is Logitech so I guess I prefer Logitech just like you do
That's why my first wheel was Logitec)))) Only for nearly two weeks but I can count it
i was reassuring me and bose were, we go back...forget where, but we go back

and now were mates too, yay!
I have both the G25 and the RS v1 + Clubsport.

The G25 is less dampened and thus a bit more responsive. The RS is smoother (belt vs. gears) with perhaps a bit stronger effects. So the G25 wins on being more responsive but loses with the rattling center.

The G25 wheel is a bit too thin for my medium (9) sized hands. The RS is a bit too thick with not quite enough space for my thumbs. The RS wheel could have use being another inch / two cm larger.

Pedals, no comparison. The ClubSport throttle is ultrasmooth with plenty of travel so precise administration is easy. The pressure sensitive pedal much easier to get constant results and controlling breaking load easier with force. Also the customization adds another feather for the Clubsport pedals.

I wonder how the new Thrustmaster wheel being belt driven compares... (I'd like to get the Frex wheel, but with the current EUR JPY exchange rate the wheel is simply too expensive).
Quote from logitekg25 :i was reassuring me and bose were, we go back...forget where, but we go back

and now were mates too, yay!

Gimme a hug.
Quote from MaxDarklighter :

2Bose321

Yes. If the centering spring is on I can't really feel the difference on the software block really.
Quote from Bose321 :Yes. If the centering spring is on I can't really feel the difference on the software block really.

Sorry my english is poor.
So you tell that you can't feel any differance in blocking behaviour with Autocentrating option ON and OFF?
So you have the same vibration with both options? No differance at all?
Quote from MaxDarklighter :Sorry my english is poor.
So you tell that you can't feel any differance in blocking behaviour with Autocentrating option ON and OFF?
So you have the same vibration with both options? No differance at all?

No. When the Autocentrating (center spring) is on, I don't feel the 'block' (the degrees you limited the wheel). And with that I mean, you don't feel you have reached the limit you set it at the software. So that means I also feel no vibrating. When the center spring is turned off, I feel the 'block', and it does vibrate when you reach it. Hope this clarifies it.
Ye thats clear for me)))
So I guess I can handle it. This will be the only one irritating thing about these wheel! In all other way I just LOVE it!
By the way I am planing to do some kind of cockpit for it

Is there any stock drawings of standart simrace cockpit available somewhere on te web? Can't find any in google...
Keep me updated on the cockpit thing. I'm interested on it myself too (something relatively cheap).
diy it up. get a position in mind, like for me it is the wheel, the pedals mounted up side down, and shifter by your side..get that in mind, and do a scavenger hunt and use duct tape and stuff you dont use to get it right.

thats what i did and i couldnt be much happier
Yes! But I am too looking for cheap and comfort cockpit! My work and game spots is the same place so I need something light and easy mountable.
I already have some ideas. Need to find some time and begin my drawings.
And I'd like to use it like a fly sim cockpit to so it must be universal in the same time. Big plans yeeye

And second thing. What can be the problem of not working throttle and clutch when connecting CSP directly to wheel (PS2 cable)? If I connecting it useing USB cable - no problem, all pedals is working!! Can I do something wrong?
Quote from MaxDarklighter :And second thing. What can be the problem of not working throttle and clutch when connecting CSP directly to wheel (PS2 cable)? If I connecting it useing USB cable - no problem, all pedals is working!! Can I do something wrong?

No idea... Not sure if it matters what side/color you put it in. I never used the USB cable, always used the PS2 cable.
Quote from Bose321 :No idea... Not sure if it matters what side/color you put it in. I never used the USB cable, always used the PS2 cable.

Why so? DO you know that sens of your CSP while connecting with PS2 is 4 time lower than if connect it with USB
Quote from MaxDarklighter :Why so? DO you know that sens of your CSP while connecting with PS2 is 4 time lower than if connect it with USB

I'm not sure what you mean by this... Just tried USB and with PS2. No difference for me.
I mean sensitivity of tracking for Ex. accelerate pedal. For PS2 connection it is 512, for USB 1024 or even 2048 (can't remember)
It means that USB is 2 or 4 times accurate than PS2 (read this in fan site somewhere... or may be in manual...)
Oh you mean the 'resolution' the pedals are in or the 'steps'. Well, it sounds nice, but I honestly don't really notice it. (Don't got the time to test it properly, but I will this weekend).
I had a discussion with my mates about racing wheels today and I noticed Fanatec didn't sell the Turbo S anymore. That's when I was told about the new GT2 model. I've been drooling all over it on the internet since. The Turbo S didn't look all that great and I'd imagine the lack of that nice alcantra material is a big one. I've never had any problems with my DFP's cheap rubber like material though.

I browsed and searched for a GT2 thread, but couldn't find one so I decided I might just post on here since it's nearly the same as GT3, if that's ok.

I realize this is effectively the same wheel as GT3, but I sort of want the added Xbox compatibility. Also I'm not a fan of the orange case on the GT3, although that's really not a deal breaker (lol). I'm after a shifter too so I guess I wouldn't be paying that much extra for just owning an Xbox. FYI I'm looking at the Clubsport edition, because I absolutely fell in love with the CB pedals this time around (I was looking at the Turbo S wheel before Forza 3 came out and couldn't be bothered with the Clubsport pedals).

I do have a couple of questions though. I have a desktop table that's 5 cm thick. Will the stock quick clamp work? Also is there anything you could do to fix that slight rocking/play on the clamp? I read the front end of the device lifts up a bit and I'm pretty sure that might irritate me. But I'm not happy about paying an extra 40 euros to get the minimum clamping functionality you'd expect from a bundle this expensive. Basically any McGyver-like fix is ok to me, e.g. adding a notebook (yes a real notebook, not a laptop :detective) under the front end to give it a bit pre-tension or kill possible play if you will.

Other than that, I'm all over the idea of a "fat", belt-driven wheel and those excellent pedals. Like I sort of said before, I've got a Driving Force Pro at the moment and I've had it for six years now. It's loud, it's slow, it feels jaggy and basically I could use a clutch and shifter.
You got a thick desk there! I just got of bed just to test this for you. The clamp mechanism can slide out, to go on a 5CM thick desk and beyond, that wouldn't be a problem. Yes there is some movement, but I don't notice it at all while racing, and I never heard anyone else complain about it (it's very small IMO).
The GT2 is pretty much the same, only with Xbox360 compatibility, and shifters included (correct me if I'm wrong).

And yeah, I was drooling too when I discovered the GT3 RS, I love flashy colors.
Quote from Bose321 :You got a thick desk there! I just got of bed just to test this for you. The clamp mechanism can slide out, to go on a 5CM thick desk and beyond, that wouldn't be a problem. Yes there is some movement, but I don't notice it at all while racing, and I never heard anyone else complain about it (it's very small IMO).
The GT2 is pretty much the same, only with Xbox360 compatibility, and shifters included (correct me if I'm wrong).

And yeah, I was drooling too when I discovered the GT3 RS, I love flashy colors.

Well thank you for testing it out so quickly ! Browsing the LFS forums in your sleep? I like it! Might do that with ma iPad later.

Yeah it's thick, but that's the way I like 'em. Err...

Good to know it works and I bet there's nothing a bit of some thin rubber mat won't fix. Duct tape could be a last resort too.

The shifter is included so that's like 50 euros more in value. I think everything else in between the two models (120 euros or so) is just for the Xbox mode.
#74 - zapz
I didn't like the stock clamp at all so I cut up a bit of ply wood and then mounted the wheel to the ply. Now I just use some C clamps to clamp the ply to a desktop. That would work for a 5" thick desk with the right c clamps.

DFP to GT3 RS is a huge step up. I stopped lusting after a Frex ff wheel after I got mine. Near enough is good enough, or so they say, but then again I've never used a Frex FF wheel.
Actually I'm not a diy guy so my choice would be the clubsport clamp. I guess I could buy one later on if the stock one isn't good enough for me. It's not like they're running out of them.

G27 vs. GT3 RS V2
(110 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG