The online racing simulator
G27 vs. GT3 RS V2
(110 posts, started )
G27 vs. GT3 RS V2
Hi all!
I am new in sim racing and so it is my turn to decide what wheel to buy.

So I find hundreds of vids, read hundreds of reviews about 250-350$ wheels.
And now I just can't decide what of this two winners is best choice!

To make things clear I must say that first what I whant from wheel is real feeling and this is much more important for me than first place in timetable at the end of the race

So please help we. Specially those who tried both Logitech G27 and Fanatec GT3 RS V2!
Most reviews I see, the GT3 RS has the advantage (even the older version), and I agree with that 100%.
Can you please concretes in what exactly part GT3 have that advantage?
In general feeling whan you hold that wheel? Or may be FFB works more realistic than in G27?
no doubt gt3 rs. the clubsports are solid pedal with a great load cell brake pedal. the wheel is much better quality and very thick for a good grip. About the ffb its much stronger but is much smoother.
#5 - Zay
Quote from brt900 :no doubt gt3 rs. the clubsports are solid pedal with a great load cell brake pedal. the wheel is much better quality and very thick for a good grip. About the ffb its much stronger but is much smoother.

Yeh, even though i love logitech, the GT3 RS is hands down better. However, keep in mind the prices, the G27 is not as good, but it is cheaper, the GT3 RS being the opposite. Either way, both are great wheels, you wont be disapointed either way
The G27 isnt actually cheaper, is it?
#7 - Zay
Quote from Tomhah :The G27 isnt actually cheaper, is it?

Fanatec Porsche GT3RS v2 (including Clubsport pedals and Fanatec shifter set) 380,- EUR
Logitech G27 250,- EUR
-
(MaxDarklighter) DELETED by MaxDarklighter : replacing
Quote from Tomhah :The G27 isnt actually cheaper, is it?

In mu country:

Fanatec Porsche GT3RS v2 + Clubsport pedals (no shifter) - 540$
Fanatec Porsche GT3RS v2 + standart Fanatec Porsche pedals (no shifter) - 335$
Logitech G27 - 335$

So it's really hard decision
Thx guys!

One more thing.
If you'll choose between G27 full complect and Fanatec Porsche GT3RS v2 + standart Fanatec Porsche pedals(GTR3 wheel + clubsport pedals is too expansive for me). What will be your choice in such case?

P.S.: That it why I can't choose - wheel is better from Fanatec, pedals better from Logitech... but I don't know how big is this two difference!
Go for Clubsport pedals. They are really worth the money. The pedals are outstanding compared to the G27 pedals, or the standard Fanatec pedals.
i went on a g25 a few days ago which has similar pedals and there isn't really any feel to them, but wow the clubsports are amazing and really worth the money
Quote from MaxDarklighter :Thx guys!

One more thing.
If you'll choose between G27 full complect and Fanatec Porsche GT3RS v2 + standart Fanatec Porsche pedals(GTR3 wheel + clubsport pedals is too expansive for me). What will be your choice in such case?

P.S.: That it why I can't choose - wheel is better from Fanatec, pedals better from Logitech... but I don't know how big is this two difference!

Like the others said, the pedals are 200% worth their price! But still, if you don't want to spend that much money, you should still go for the fanatec.
Sorry guys but the thing is that I understand that separatly Fanatec wheel is head up better than Logitech. But in same case Logitech pedals is way better than standart Fanatec's.
So I afraid if I'll take Fanatec kit - I'll get amazing impression with wheel but poor experience with it's pedals. But may be if I'll take Logitech - I'll get good (medium) impression (experience) with both wheel and pedals...
What can you make some advise under such angle?
Quote from MaxDarklighter :Sorry guys but the thing is that I understand that separatly Fanatec wheel is head up better than Logitech. But in same case Logitech pedals is way better than standart Fanatec's.
So I afraid if I'll take Fanatec kit - I'll get amazing impression with wheel but poor experience with it's pedals. But may be if I'll take Logitech - I'll get good (medium) impression (experience) with both wheel and pedals...

Surely the G27 wheel is not that much worse than the GT3rs, so I personally would go for G27 because : High quality wheel, High quality H-shifter and pedals
Other than Fanatec : High quality wheel, medium-quality pedals and good h-shifter

Jest saying
g27 has alot more computer support then the fanatec, am i right?

also g27 can be used widely with the ps3, and even a few ps2 games. fanatec i dont think has any console compatablilty
do games actually bother with fanatec? its still a pretty minor name
the only one I followed was F1 2010, and they had some issues with it, but after a changes before the oficial release it's fuly suported. I guess/hope that other companies do the same, as Fanatec should be gaining popularity and importance.

But, without having tried any Fanatec product, this is as far as I can say without saying something totally wrong
Fanatec has been struggling with official support from games, but I really think it has reached critical mass by now and that you should not be concerned about game support in the future.
-on PC their wheels work excellent with any game, so if you are a PC gamer, there are 0 concerns.
-on PS3 there were concerns in the past (F1 2010, WRC 2010), but everything got sorted out by both Fanatec and game development teams because of community pressure and it simply looks like future games can not afford any more not to support Fanatec wheels from day 1 (GT5 does not officially support anything but DFGT, but GT3 RS V2 works really well with it and unlike with G25, you don't even have to press the triangle button to engage clutch)
-on Xbox the Turbo S is practically the only good wheel and from what I've heard it really works well with Forza 3
Quote from MaxDarklighter :Sorry guys but the thing is that I understand that separatly Fanatec wheel is head up better than Logitech. But in same case Logitech pedals is way better than standart Fanatec's.

I'd say take the GT3RS. I can't imagine that the stock pedals are worse then the logitech wheels (do not own the stock pedals, got the Clubsport pedals). If you got the money, don't even bother thinking about it, and buy the clubsport version.

About support. All PC games should work, I have yet have to come across a problem (unlike with the G25 for DiRT for example). PS3 not sure, but like sonac said, the Fanatec wheels are finally 'discovered' and they are fully supported with most games. (that's what I hear from certain forums atleast).
#21 - Osco
I sort of like the fanatec pedals, any reason they should not work with the G25 wheel? I dislike porsche with a fiery passion so a gt3 rsr cs etc. wheel is no option. I like the G25 wheel and the wonky shifter, the fanatec set would be nice with the load cell too.
Quote from Osco :I sort of like the fanatec pedals, any reason they should not work with the G25 wheel? I dislike porsche with a fiery passion so a gt3 rsr cs etc. wheel is no option. I like the G25 wheel and the wonky shifter, the fanatec set would be nice with the load cell too.

But it has Porsche all over it. It will haunt you in your dreams. I doubt you want thos pedals.
#23 - Osco
pedals are, unlike the wheel, in the line of sight tho. :hide:

maybe i should just give up and join the dark side
Hi guys!!!
So I make my choice and get G27. So what can I tell is that wheel and pedals are VERY high quality so as drivers and general compability.
But there is one thing that just irritates me! In its middle position and a few degrees left and right G27 wheel have no force! No force at all!
If I rotate it further all is OK and I can feal Vibration and FFB working but not in a middle position!

Is it OK for G27 and is there the same problem with Fanatec and generally with all wheels today on the market?
Quote from MaxDarklighter :...So what can I tell is that wheel and pedals are VERY high quality...

Yeah, that's what you might say untill you tried the Clubsport pedals. Trust me, the logitech pedals are not high quality.
Quote from MaxDarklighter :Is it OK for G27 and is there the same problem with Fanatec and generally with all wheels today on the market?

No. Not on my Fanatec. And yes, it was on my logitech wheels (including G25 and G27).

G27 vs. GT3 RS V2
(110 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG