The online racing simulator
G27 vs. GT3 RS V2
(110 posts, started )
Quote from Bose321 :No. Not on my Fanatec. And yes, it was on my logitech wheels (including G25 and G27).

That thing must be FIRST in list of reasons "why not to buy Ligitech"!
Why just why nobody tell me this fact earlier... -350$ and disappointment

And generaly I think this fact must be in every overviev about G25\G27.
I read nearly 10 of reviews befor buing and you know what?)))) Nobody even point a hint on such problem

I can't fill a car. Handling in middle is so unnatural in compare with high degree handling!!! If FFB and Vibration warks same for all degrees - it'll be best wheel for the price.
-
(MaxDarklighter) DELETED by MaxDarklighter
Quote from MaxDarklighter :That thing must be FIRST in list of reasons "why not to buy Ligitech"!
Why just why nobody tell me this fact earlier... -350$ and disappointment

And generaly I think this fact must be in every overviev about G25\G27.
I read nearly 10 of reviews befor buing and you know what?)))) Nobody even point a hint on such problem

I can't fill a car. Handling in middle is so unnatural in compare with high degree handling!!! If FFB and Vibration warks same for all degrees - it'll be best wheel for the price.

Bring it back to the shop now you can.
Ok untill I make second mistake - this is possible)))))
What about game support of Fanatec's wheels? All new games supports Fanatec? No problems at all?

An what about old ones for Ex GRID?

P.S.: I really don't whant to do second mistake)))
Never tried GT3 but G27 doesnt have a sequential shifter, sort of a pain but nothing major, i use it like sequential anyways.

Love the wheel and the price is better. Smooth and wheel fits perfcet in hand.
Ok guys untill I make my second mistake. Tell please all BAD things about GT3 RS v2! But I begging you - hint on every aspect you think is bad in GT3 compare to G27.

GT3 & G27 owners I really need you help!
Quote from MaxDarklighter :Ok guys untill I make my second mistake. Tell please all BAD things about GT3 RS v2! But I begging you - hint on every aspect you think is bad in GT3 compare to G27.

GT3 & G27 owners I really need you help!

Uhm... Compared to the G27? Nothing really except from the price... (but only if you compare it.)
Quote from Bose321 :Uhm... Compared to the G27? Nothing really except from the price... (but only if you compare it.)

And no problems with compability at all? I shure it works good with popular sim-race games! But what about for ex. GRID, NFS PRO Street, NFS Hot Persuit?
Quote from MaxDarklighter :And no problems with compability at all? I shure it works good with popular sim-race games! But what about for ex. GRID, NFS PRO Street, NFS Hot Persuit?

I played Grid and Pro street, they both worked fine. Hot pursuit isn't really worth it (no matter what wheel). But it does work
Quote from MaxDarklighter :And qastion about mounting. Can I mount it somehow just from the box or I need this http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=291 to mount it?

I don't use that, but the clamp gives you more stability, but it's not needed.
Quote from Bose321 :I played Grid and Pro street, they both worked fine. Hot pursuit isn't really worth it (no matter what wheel). But it does work

I don't use that, but the clamp gives you more stability, but it's not needed.

That's cool! Really good
I think I don't going to regret about switching to Fanatec!

Do you think I can mount it with no problem on such kind of desk:

That is how I mounted my previous G27 and it fits good - no problems with stabilization at all:
Got no camera near to show how it works, and for some reason I can't find any picture from the bottom of the wheel, but this should work :

I honestly can't tell you 100% surely if it will fit or not. (I got no desk in house that's anything like yours, so can't try myself either)
I think the best thing you can do is contact Fanatec, and tell them about the G27 (they will love that, haha), and show the picture of your desk, I think they can help you more.
Quote from Bose321 :Got no camera near to show how it works, and for some reason I can't find any picture from the bottom of the wheel, but this should work :

http://www.simhq.com/_technolo ... s/technology_044a_003.jpg" alt="" onload="imageAutoSize(this)" />

I honestly can't tell you 100% surely if it will fit or not. (I got no desk in house that's anything like yours, so can't try myself either)
I think the best thing you can do is contact Fanatec, and tell them about the G27 (they will love that, haha), and show the picture of your desk, I think they can help you more.

Ye it's table clump fixators is enough far from the edge so it must work for me
And in case... I always can return the wheel back to the store or figure something out with the desk... mey be even build a simrig
Yeah. I doubt you will regret going to Fanatec.
Yeeeey!
I get it today! It's just greatfeeling wheel + good materials.

In 5 min I'll fire the GRID and start testing. But I already have one quastio - is there any way to adjust autocentre spring? Or just on\off?
Just fired GRID... in options there only keyboard or my Logitech GamePad.

P.S.: Is there any wheel on the market which I just can buy and play with?))) And no "dancing around the fire whith my hands poped up and singing a misterious song"? LOL
Unplug your gamepad. Probably GRID only accepts 1 controller at a time (though this shouldn't happen in modern/well programed games )
THX I solved this problem already

But now there is another. I have strange vibration (and noise) in wheel blocking position. So where vibration starts is depending on rotation degree option.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI1MPIxMVDM
And another strange fact - if I turn Autocentre spring option ON vibration just vanish! If turn Autocentre spring OFF - here we go again!
fanatec sucks from the looks of it in terms of quality

shoulda stuck with logitech
Quote from logitekg25 :fanatec sucks from the looks of it in terms of quality

shoulda stuck with logitech

By the way I just switched to Fanatec from Logitech and can asure you that feeling is much more real + no dead zone in the middle (really hate this). If Logitech just manufacture wheel with belt drive - I'll be there first customer!

It'll really help me and I can change my wheel to another one. Thank you!
Quote from logitekg25 :fanatec sucks from the looks of it in terms of quality

How can you say that? I bet you haven't even touched a Fanatec. And the whole reason he went to Fanatec is because the logitech wheel is crap.
Quote from Bose321 :How can you say that? I bet you haven't even touched a Fanatec. And the whole reason he went to Fanatec is because the logitech wheel is crap.

Logitech is good Co. but belt drive is hands down better. It just more real!

Bose321 please can you check your wheel for me?
Take a look on my vid youtube.com/watch?v=iI1MPIxMVDM&feature=player_embedded but turn volume UP.

Than in drivers OFF "Autocentre spring" option.
Make a test. Is your wheel vibrates on it's softwsre blocking point?

Than turn "Autocentre spring" option ON.
Make the same test. Is your wheel vibrates on it's softwsre blocking point just like it did when spring option was OFF?

Because vibration must be or must not be - no matter "Autocentre spring" option ON or OFF. There no connection between this two options! Plus this vibration is really loud and irritatin. So I think this can't be a normal behaviour.
nearly everyone is fine with their logitech wheel, the one problem is the deadzone, and thats because its not belt. they are magnificent wheels, just that one part.

and the fanatec like growls at you if you turn it...sounds nice
Quote from MaxDarklighter :Logitech is good Co. but belt drive is hands down better. It just more real!

Bose321 please can you check your wheel for me?
Take a look on my vid youtube.com/watch?v=iI1MPIxMVDM&feature=player_embedded but turn volume UP.

Than in drivers OFF "Autocentre spring" option.
Make a test. Is your wheel vibrates on it's softwsre blocking point?

Than turn "Autocentre spring" option ON.
Make the same test. Is your wheel vibrates on it's softwsre blocking point just like it did when spring option was OFF?

Because vibration must be or must not be - no matter "Autocentre spring" option ON or OFF. There no connection between this two options! Plus this vibration is really loud and irritatin. So I think this can't be a normal behaviour.

It's normal I guess. Mine does it too, I kinda thought it was real? Don't cars do this when you're at full lock? You should contact Fanatec to ask this, as it is intended to do so.
Quote from logitekg25 :nearly everyone is fine with their logitech wheel, the one problem is the deadzone, and thats because its not belt. they are magnificent wheels, just that one part.

and the fanatec like growls at you if you turn it...sounds nice

It doesn't growls, it rapidly shakes the wheel, with an additional FFB motor, which the G25/27 isn't capable of doing
my wheel can very easily rapidly shake, because the g25 was the origional wheel with a second ffb motor.

and im talking about the thing with the center spring, that not normal, and its not full lock..its at like 90 degrees lock.
Quote from logitekg25 :my wheel can very easily rapidly shake, because the g25 was the origional wheel with a second ffb motor.

and im talking about the thing with the center spring, that not normal, and its not full lock..its at like 90 degrees lock.

The G25 uses 2 FFB engines as one, which isn't that good. The Fanatec uses 3 seperatly.

G27 vs. GT3 RS V2
(110 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG