The online racing simulator
Call of duty: Black ops
(237 posts, started )
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :It's nothing like COD4, it uses a different engine and it's made by a different developer. The only similarity is that both games have guns, killstreaks and perks. It's like saying BC2 is exactly the same as the original Battlefield, and if I were to say that you would probably call me a Call of Duty fanboy. Perhaps the issue here is that I play games like this on a console, and Battlefield is really a PC game, rather than a drop in drop out console game.

I think it's exactly the same as all the previous versions...it still does not have any friggin' dinosaurs!!
Quote from -NightFly- :I think it's exactly the same as all the previous versions...it still does not have any friggin' dinosaurs!!

It does actually, there are a few dinosaur emblems.
#178 - Uke
Dinosaurs? I was thinking of cancelling my order, but now that I hear it has DINOSAURS i can't wait to play it : O
+1 want it mainly just for the dinosaurs.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :It's nothing like COD4, it uses a different engine and it's made by a different developer.

Actually.

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
The only similarity is that both games have killstreaks and perks.

They have "improved" those, but some are still ridiculous.

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :It's like saying BC2 is exactly the same as the original Battlefield, and if I were to say that you would probably call me a Call of Duty fanboy.

Exactly, they are not the same engine, it shows progression.

Oh, and you did say you were a CoD fanboy a couple months ago.
Did I? Guess I am then. Although I loved Battlefield BC2, it just got boring because nobody else I knew played it for more than a few weeks. I just like Black Ops because they included more fun stuff, rather than being totally serious, nothing quite beats watching an attack dog bite someones face off on a game winning killcam.
Anyone know if your steam stuff such as levels and stats transfer with accounts? Lets say i have my own steam and etc here at home. But want to play black ops at a internet cafe. Will i be able to login and have all my stats and such on the cafe pc?
Yes.

Hence the point of Steam.
I got it and love it. Just one problem

****ing Nuketown >.< I'm fine with being level 5-6, but honestly, who thought that map would be a good map?

I'm already working out my emblem though, same as my avatar.

Question to those who got rank 50, can you suggest the best custom classes/killstreaks for a rambo type? I mainly run and gun and rack up air support kills (i.e. wiping out choppers/spy planes/etc) as well as lurking near the objectives. I wanna know how I got a triple kill in WMD with an LMG while flashed. I turned 360 and didn't let go of the trigger. Somehow I wound up with a spy plane.

And dogs, best way to deal with them? I run away whenever they are used.
Silenced Famas with the Strela on Search and Destroy, with Ghost on too.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :
Question to those who got rank 50, can you suggest the best custom classes/killstreaks for a rambo type? I mainly run and gun and rack up air support kills (i.e. wiping out choppers/spy planes/etc) as well as lurking near the objectives. I wanna know how I got a triple kill in WMD with an LMG while flashed. I turned 360 and didn't let go of the trigger. Somehow I wound up with a spy plane.

Well i'm rank 45 atm and the BEST combo for me is AUG/Marathon/Steady Aim/Hardline/Extended mag. That way you can wipe out people with ease on nuketown and get easy killstreaks, AND get away quickly out of their spawn. I would suggest you go after that setup once you've gotten your challenges finished for destroying air support and unlock the aug.

Quote from DieKolkrabe :
And dogs, best way to deal with them? I run away whenever they are used.

Stay away from your team unless your on a small map. Then just park in a corner and wait it out. I only had dogs called on me twice and only gotten killed once. They dont take much hits to go down.

Nuketown is best for leveling up btw. You can get level 50 in a couple of days easily on Nuketown Domination. Given that you tend to have about 40+ Kills each game and several challenges and such here and there every once and a while
M16 red dot
Python snub nose
Hardline pro
Sleight of hand pro
Hacker pro

spy place
sentry gun
care package

beast (douchebaggery class)
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Well i'm rank 45 atm and the BEST combo for me is AUG/Marathon/Steady Aim/Hardline/Extended mag. That way you can wipe out people with ease on nuketown and get easy killstreaks, AND get away quickly out of their spawn. I would suggest you go after that setup once you've gotten your challenges finished for destroying air support and unlock the aug.

Stay away from your team unless your on a small map. Then just park in a corner and wait it out. I only had dogs called on me twice and only gotten killed once. They dont take much hits to go down.

Nuketown is best for leveling up btw. You can get level 50 in a couple of days easily on Nuketown Domination. Given that you tend to have about 40+ Kills each game and several challenges and such here and there every once and a while

Napalming spawn says otherwise :P I currently use M16 extended mags with 1911 extended mags, saving for RDS

COD points make no sense. I go 10-8 and get 40, I go 0-21 on demolition with one defuse and get 1500? Anyone wanna explain?

And a way to sharpen my reaction times?

Also I've noticed the game pausing usually when I get shot or randmly during a round, any way to fix that?
This game is an absolute stutter-fest for me, even with a GTX480 (latest drivers too).

MW2 is butter smooth.
And now I read changing your cfg can trigger a VAC ban as per Steam forums

Way to go Treyarch
ATM my only real complaint is the spawns (oh yes, it's a rant about spawns post). At the start of most games I can pick up a 5-6 killstreak, granted some of these kills are just from guys popping around random walls... After my first death, I find myself going on 5-8 deathstreaks. I feel like I keep spawning just out of the enemies sight, like behind a little wall or a car, then when I run out I'm an easy kill. Considering how large some of the maps are and how crowded with objects they are (IMO there aren't enough long range areas but that's a different story), I'm honestly surprised I can't get a decent spawn.
I get BO locking up for about ten seconds whenever a sound plays for the first time

And agreed about spawns
Quote from DieKolkrabe :

And a way to sharpen my reaction times?

Adjust your arm. As simple as it sounds, it works for me when quickscoping in COD4
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Adjust your arm. As simple as it sounds, it works for me when quickscoping in COD4

How so? I got it on my mouse usually.

It's odd, I can go for most of a match without a kill then get a killstreak near the end.
Quote from Forbin :This game is an absolute stutter-fest for me, even with a GTX480 (latest drivers too).

MW2 is butter smooth.

strange, my pc is getting on abit ( q6700 and 8800 gt) and black ops runs very smoothly.
Ballistic knife is way too much fun
Quote from tinvek :strange, my pc is getting on abit ( q6700 and 8800 gt) and black ops runs very smoothly.

C2D E8400, 6GB RAM, GTX480, Win7 64-bit

Even with everything turned off/down, including shadows, it still runs like crap. The recent patches did nothing to fix it for me.

Basically looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOPFbRYdrLc
Quote from Forbin :C2D E8400, 6GB RAM, GTX480, Win7 64-bit

Even with everything turned off/down, including shadows, it still runs like crap. The recent patches did nothing to fix it for me.

Basically looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOPFbRYdrLc

I'm running the spec in my sig, my game runs almost perfect at 1920x1200, I have everything on auto with AA off, Shadows off and V-sync off, game runs at least 50+ everywhere..
Whats the highest level you guys seen? I seen a Prestiged 4 level 14 yesterday. I'm Prestiged 1 Level 9 currently and still got some lifetime challenges to beat. Shouldnt take long to get to next Prestige.

Call of duty: Black ops
(237 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG