The online racing simulator
Call of duty: Black ops
(237 posts, started )
Do we really need more fantasy arcade shit?...
CoD = 12 year old FPS
BF = Real mans FPS

its always been that way, and always will
Quote from Klutch :CoD = 12 year old FPS
BF = Real mans FPS

Taking games too seriously?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Taking games too seriously?

We're on a racing SIMULATION forum, i think we all take our games a little too seriously.
Quote from mutt107 :its still fun for us, go back to battlefield.

The irony is that you have a battlefield dp pic just saying
Quote from AstroBoy :The irony is that you have a battlefield dp pic just saying

yea, so? just cause i say go back to battlefield doesn't mean i don't like battlefield.
#57 - Uke
Quote from Bose321 :Why do you praise the CoD series? Alot of people disagree with you. So why don't you stop acting like your always right hmm?

Lol u mad?

Oh come on :doh:

I'm definately not a cod fanboy, I haven't even played mw2 or w@w so that's one of the reasons why Black Ops is a mustbuy for me.

And bose, If you classify fps gamers to bfbc2 players and cod players I say that I own bfbc too and love it. But I think cod games are very good too.
Quote from G!NhO :Hello Shadowww, or at least someone that looks like him.

Dont worry, he`s shadowwwwwww.

@topic

I`be played CoD MW, MW2,WaW, and have a conclusion, all are the same.

The game visual is good, but after play BF Bad company, i trow to the bin the CoD series.

This is like compare lfs vs rfactor vs Iracing
Quote from Klutch :CoD = 12 year old's FPS
BF = 12 1/2 year old's FPS

Corrected

Red Orchestra / ArmA = real man's FPS
Quote from ColeusRattus :Corrected

Red Orchestra / ArmA = real man's FPS

Red Orchestra yesssss!

I've never played ArmA though.
Well, arma and arma II, are a combat simulator, is like the LFS of combat, combined with the visual of GriD or NFSS
Quote from Klutch :CoD = 12 year old FPS
BF = Real mans FPS

Arma is the only good Fps ive played ( when playing as a soldier )

both BF and Cod are too Arcade-y for me.
Quote from theirishnoob :Arma is the only good Fps ive played ( when playing as a soldier )

both BF and Cod are too Arcade-y for me.

BF2, is not so arcade, arcade arcade is Quake 3 or unreal tournament 2004/3, CSS

Bf2 have some "realism".

In the only game i buyed on steam, sadly i dont play too much, lag is a big problem...
Quote from Inouva :BF2, is not so arcade, arcade arcade is Quake 3 or unreal tournament 2004/3, CSS

Bf2 have some "realism".

In the only game i buyed on steam, sadly i dont play too much, lag is a big problem...

Nah, BF is about as arcardy as UT/Quake, it just has a "I haz teh realz" wallpaper attached to it. The difference between the lightning gun, the rail gun and the Barret M82 are just cosmetical in those games.

RO and ArmA for that matter factor in bullet drop and projectile velocity (and deceleration), so sniping over long distances is more complex than a mere point & click action.
Quote from ColeusRattus :RO and ArmA for that matter factor in bullet drop and projectile velocity (and deceleration), so sniping over long distances is more complex than a mere point & click action.

BFBC2 factors in bullet drop and projectile velocity too...
True, it's still not realistic though.
But you can also get curbstomped by a shotgun point blank and go "It's just a flesh wound!" And continue taking on tanks. And lets not forget the revive petals.... The only realism in that game is that you see a start menu.. Nothing is realistic on that, And the SVU is as powerful as a toy car cannon launching kerbys at a high rate of speed.

For instance.. bullet drop is always the same.. On the winter map, It would be MUCH less than on that jungle map, It doesn't take into alot of effects, Anyone can code a simple drop with physics, LFS Tire physics are more advanced than the bullet drop physics.. And that's saying something
I never said it was realistic?
I was talking about the people below and above you.. *Sigh* I never quote right..
Quote from Inouva :BF2, is not so arcade, arcade arcade is Quake 3 or unreal tournament 2004/3, CSS

Hehe CSS as true as this may be CSS still soughts out the men from the boys cause any CoD fan boy would rage in 3 seconds after play CSS
Though i agree that Arma and Red orchestra they are fair awesome much better then CoD.
I`be played Q3 - ut - ut2003 - ut2004 - ut3 - hlsdm - bf2 - arma 1 - cod 2 - cod mw

And the best so far is Bf2, Is "Semi arcade" , still vehicles attach to physics, But ppl still doing the dolphin jump ( When is ilegal in the ranked servers )

CoD is "I have weapon and kill, meanwhile the bad guys shoot me and got hit i crawl and hide for 5 secconds and i`m a new rambo ready to keep killing"

Q3 is : lulz i have rail, pew pew pew jump pew jump pew jump jump jump jump jump pew pew pew...

UT is almost like q3 and ut2004 is like q3 and bf2 ( Cuz have vehicles )

of course this is from my pov, but from all shooters i still keep with bf2, maybe is cuz i can use a helicopter or a m1 tank, but for me Bf2 is far better that the mp of CoD or UT2004
#72 - Uke
Quote from AstroBoy :Hehe CSS as true as this may be CSS still soughts out the men from the boys cause any CoD fan boy would rage in 3 seconds after play CSS
Though i agree that Arma and Red orchestra they are fair awesome much better then CoD.

I didn't? Oh wait I'm not a fanboy that must be it..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xOak2d8sgI

Zombie teaser. Looks like different types of zombies. I personally dont like the approach. If i wanna play left 4 dead, i'd go play it. It does look interesting however.

EDIT: Quite epically
Quote from Sueycide_FD :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xOak2d8sgI

Zombie teaser. Looks like different types of zombies. I personally dont like the approach. If i wanna play left 4 dead, i'd go play it. It does look interesting however.

You fail...
Quote from PMD9409 :Your post is so general however that you could say the same about Justin Bieber instead of this Call of Duty game.

The forum is open for either end, the positive and the negative. Some people see this game and want to buy it and think it will be some great new thing. Some people will see this game and say "oh look, its an update to a game I have already paid for but I must pay again".

Your right, some people do go against the crowd, but thats just a general thing that can be said about anything. This game however hasn't changed a bit in the last... 3-5 years? I personally don't see how people are so attracted to this game, just like some people can't see why I am NOT attracted to this game.

The reason I mentioned MoHAA and CoD2 was because those were classic and long term games. The past few years however we have got short term games that will last you a year and then you have to "upgrade". It's completely pointless to go this route to me because I am not getting what I should be getting for my money. Even Counter Strike to Counter Strike Source was done properly. Saying "The Call of Duty series is incredibly popular" is like saying "Justin Bieber is incredibly popular". Who cares if he is? He sucks. Sales mean nothing to me, thats just marketing. The quality of the product is all I care about, and when you bring a "new" game out with the same old stuff, the quality of the product goes down.

To think people actually complain about the pricing on iRacing when they pay for the same game every year also...

You always make me smile man, you have a great life ahead of you PMD. MOH Limited fan, I find Medal of honor to be less busy and more playable.

If I ever find the money to put you in a a good car...you'd be a top racer. I'm 52, just sitting in a car going 180 mph would do me for a week...i'g be hurting so bad, but with some cash and a car..you sir could drive .

Call of duty: Black ops
(237 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG