The online racing simulator
Call of duty: Black ops
(237 posts, started )
Quote from PMD9409 :Your post is so general however that you could say the same about Justin Bieber instead of this Call of Duty game.

The forum is open for either end, the positive and the negative. Some people see this game and want to buy it and think it will be some great new thing. Some people will see this game and say "oh look, its an update to a game I have already paid for but I must pay again".

Your right, some people do go against the crowd, but thats just a general thing that can be said about anything. This game however hasn't changed a bit in the last... 3-5 years? I personally don't see how people are so attracted to this game, just like some people can't see why I am NOT attracted to this game.

The reason I mentioned MoHAA and CoD2 was because those were classic and long term games. The past few years however we have got short term games that will last you a year and then you have to "upgrade". It's completely pointless to go this route to me because I am not getting what I should be getting for my money. Even Counter Strike to Counter Strike Source was done properly. Saying "The Call of Duty series is incredibly popular" is like saying "Justin Bieber is incredibly popular". Who cares if he is? He sucks. Sales mean nothing to me, thats just marketing. The quality of the product is all I care about, and when you bring a "new" game out with the same old stuff, the quality of the product goes down.

To think people actually complain about the pricing on iRacing when they pay for the same game every year also...

bioshock 2 was bioshock with more stuff. and yet everyone praises that game.
Quote from mutt107 :bioshock 2 was bioshock with more stuff. and yet everyone praises that game.

I don't, same with all the Halo games. They are nothing special to me at all. Everyone has an opinion though and just because there are more people saying "no" than "yes" (in this thread) doesn't mean anything, its your own opinion that should decide whether you buy/like it or not.

Just want to say most of the people I knew didn't like Bioshock 2, I wasn't into it myself.
No cod will ever beat united offensive, wasted so many years playing that game

But games have to evolve, and add new features - i think this looks pretty good and is introducing some new things, the wager modes look interesting, these and gungame should add extra longevity to the game which can't be a bad thing.
Quote from mutt107 :its on the WAW engine and it has been in development before mw2, its not a reskinned mw2.

Sry but, WAW engine = CoD4 engine = CoD6 engine = CoD7 engine...

This engine must be like 20 years old or something... So yes, it is a reskinned CoD4, CoD5 and CoD6 game.
Quote from logitekg25 :well there are appeals..like the newest one has support for shooting through walls..and dont they all cover a different war?

Pretty sure there was a perk in CoD4 that allowed to do just that...
See I played CoD4 to death, seriously. Then I purchased MW2, and quickly got bored...this is simply because I got bored of the first modern warfare game as you do if you play something so much; and MW2 is pretty much exactly the same game. This 'new' game looks and seems to play pretty much exactly the same too, so for that reason I personally won't be buying it.

I'm not saying it will be a bad game, because it will most likely be good, but in the sense that CoD4 was good...it will just be...well...nothing new, innovative or special...it will happily take your money though, and then some more for the inevitable map packs.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :The Call of Duty series is incredibly popular, Modern Warfare 2 has broken just about every record for sales in the industry

For some reason this sentence made me want that new game even less

edit* i think this is that bieber effect what pmd described earlier.
Its true in every sense. People will buy it even if its the shittiest game ever, just because its CoD. Just like PMD said, same applies to Halo series.

Just how the market works these days... But ey, cant blame Treyarch/Infinity Ward/Activision, because we made this happen... (Just to be clear, I didnt. YOU lot did. )
Quote from DevilDare :But ey, cant blame Treyarch

Well if you look at it like this....Black ops will be the best Call of Duty game.....that Treyarch has produced and as such should be looked as a new game in itself.....but thanks to the "Call of Duty" name it will be just another Call of Duty game aka what Bose said before 7.....though then again i haven't seen numbers used since CoD4.

Just my opinion here but maybe we should stop adding numerical value to everything?
Quote from AstroBoy :Well if you look at it like this....Black ops will be the best Call of Duty game.....that Treyarch has produced and as such should be looked as a new game in itself.....but thanks to the "Call of Duty" name it will be just another Call of Duty game aka what Bose said before 7.....though then again i haven't seen numbers used since CoD4.

Just my opinion here but maybe we should stop adding numerical value to everything?

It's easier to write, I don't say the game is called CoD7 or whatever, but I mean it's the seventh CoD.
Quote from Bose321 :Sry but, WAW engine = CoD4 engine = CoD6 engine = CoD7 engine...

= Quake 3 engine.

btw, you can't say MW2 has broken sales records - it has only 5-10% more players than Counter-Strike: Source, which is 5 years old. Meanwhile MW2 will have no players at all after 5 years.
Quote from E.Reiljans := Quake 3 engine.

btw, you can't say MW2 has broken sales records - it has only 5-10% more players than Counter-Strike: Source, which is 5 years old. Meanwhile MW2 will have no players at all after 5 years.

Hello Shadowww, or at least someone that looks like him.
#38 - Uke
Many people hate the idea of killstreak rewards etc. in the newest cod games, but I actually quite like them, and this game seems to be a must buy, so I have already preordered it =)

Oh yes, for pc ofcourse.
Quote from G!NhO :Hello Shadowww, or at least someone that looks like him.

usefull information
Quote from Uke :and this game seems to be a must buy

How? Just because it is a CoD game? Have you even seen video's of it? It's 99% the same as the last few games...
Quote from jrd.racer :http://www.virtualrc.com/

Made my day.. 3 hours of it, At least.

And on topic, The only reason why I have any problems with the call of duty series is, It's the same effect as me going to a skin website and downloading a total conversion for CS:S. I love call of duty, Played every one and most likely will buy this one. But there is a time and a place where you cannot milk a series any more than it's worth, Let the main characters die, Let that be it, You can't make much more billions off this title, And more and more people are starting to see this. Along with the glitching that happens, the amount of hacks (I'm not saying any games are immune, But when they went to VaC2, Cheaters got a welcome home sign) And their slow response times it sorta gets to "What's the point?" After you prestige about once in multlipayer. I could play call of duty now with my eyes shut, even with all the map packs, You can determine, People will camp, here, Firing abilities, here. And after you map that out in a game, Which only takes at least 3 - 5 good rotations, And if you're a HARDCORE gamer then that takes up to 45 minutes. The game gets instantly boring, I'm interested in the new things they have, But reusing a old engine shows us that title/series isn't going to last much longer.
Quote from Bose321 :How? Just because it is a CoD game? Have you even seen video's of it? It's 99% the same as the last few games...

its still fun for us, go back to battlefield.
#43 - Uke
Quote from Bose321 :How? Just because it is a CoD game? Have you even seen video's of it? It's 99% the same as the last few games...

For me it is a must buy. And even tho it might br similar game to the few previous the players are going to movr to black ops anyway, and I don't own mw2 so I kinda need to get this.
Quote from mutt107 :its still fun for us, go back to battlefield.

No need to act like a fanboy. I don't have to go back to Battlefield since I never left.

Besides, what does Battlefield to do with this?
#45 - Uke
Quote from Bose321 :No need to act like a fanboy. I don't have to go back to Battlefield since I never left.

Why o you have to come to a CoD thread and just bash the cod series. Quite alot of people disagree with you so stop acting like you are always right.
Quote from Bose321 :No need to act like a fanboy. I don't have to go back to Battlefield since I never left.

me actling like a fanboy? Really? you must be looking into a mirror.
#47 - Uke
Quote from mutt107 :me actling like a fanboy? Really? you must be looking into a mirror.

That's what i tought off
Quote from Uke :Why do you have to come to a CoD thread and just bash the cod series. Quite alot of people disagree with you so stop acting like you are always right.

Why do you praise the CoD series? Alot of people disagree with you. So why don't you stop acting like your always right hmm?
Quote from mutt107 :me actling like a fanboy? Really? you must be looking into a mirror.

Quote from Uke :That's what i tought off

Lol u mad?
you are all fanboys here.
Let's just hope this won't have akimbo RPG's with Thumpers as attachments.

Call of duty: Black ops
(237 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG