The online racing simulator
Official: Just do mushrooms
(177 posts, started )
Quote from TehPaws3D :Sorry, But if you take drugs to have " Fun" or " Crack up with some friends " You aren't ready to have kids and or have a job,

Eh? I know plenty of professional parents who take drugs recreationally. How is it any different from drinking alcohol?

Quote from TehPaws3D :Are you implying that it's okay to set a role model for kids that "Drugs are fine.. just don't take them while cops are around or while doing certain things, But when you aren't SMOKE UP!!!!" ( Or shoot up, I don't care. )

I think kids can already figure out that most recreational drugs are illegal, and they can probably figure out which ones are the most dangerous ones, and they can sometimes also spot baseless government misinformation when they see it. You don't have to be very wise to figure out that smoking weed is no worse than drinking beer. If any kid asked me whether he should smoke weed I would probably say exactly what your caricature said above: Give it a try if you like but don't get caught.

Working out that shrooms and LSD are much safer than heroin or crack is probably more difficult because they are portrayed (even by the users) as being radically reality-altering experiences. And in all honesty I would never recommend LSD to anyone purely because some people have a bad reaction to it and for those people it can have terrible mental health consequences, but for me it was a great, safe way to have fun for many years and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Quote from FPVaaron :Friend : Aaron..?
Me : Yes?
Friend : Why the f*ck did you buy cheese?

ROFL

Quote from dawesdust_12 :**** that. I make my point and then I say you're a homo.

Drugs, like anything, are kinda okay in moderation, okay faggots?!

More ROFLing
Quote from TehPaws3D :Sorry, But if you take drugs to have " Fun" or " Crack up with some friends " You aren't ready to have kids and or have a job, As your brain/mind has never matured out of mommy will save me mode.

There's a difference between people who do a certain drug every once in a while to relax or have fun, and people that don't know how to control it and are constantly doing that said drug.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I understand your point, but to me the whole idea of going out with friends or whatever is to enjoy the night without the requirement for artificial improvements. I mean, I can go out with friends and we are laughing practically all the time and none of us are drunk, on drugs, or intoxicated in any way. Besides I'd rather drive a Fiesta knowing I can enjoy it safely and in 100% control than drive a Ferrari, while lacking control of my limbs and being a riskto myself and those around me. If the so called loving empathy you feel is only when you're high then, son, you got a problem.

How is that condecending? It's my opinion, and frankly it's a perfectly reasonable one. I don't read the Daily Mail or infact any piece of printed press other than BIKE, Ride and Performance Bikes magazine and they're hardly at the forefront of political revolution...

Do we (I speak generally here) as teetotal or non drug takers think we're better then others? No, well at least I don't. If you want to go out and get shit faced then be my guest, but I've seen first hand the damage that can be done and frankly it just bemuses me why people put their bodies through such torture...

Hard as it may be if my closest friends (non of whom drink either much or at all) decided they'd go out every weekened and get drunk or shoot up with whatever drug they choose, then they wouldn't be my closest friends for much longer. I've seen enough people's lives get ruined by substance abuse.

If a friend was taking drugs (or drinking alot) because they had problems I would help them get clean. the effects they have on your body can numb whatever hurt or pain people are in which is why many troubled souls resort to taking them. I can relate to that having been there myself and I'd feel it was my social responsibility to help them get better and off whatever substance they were on. If one of my friends, the kind that have a decent job, or are at college, who have a good life, turned to them for some sort of 'boost' for a night out then, they're an idiot and I'd tell them as such.

You may think of me as some sort of stick shift in the mud, no fun on a night out. But infact I'm just as fun as anyone - The only difference is that I will be able to walk home at the end of the night.

This is a very honest, and very interesting post.

Thanks for being so clear.

I think whole different about you now.

Quote from TehPaws3D :Round of applause to you, Superb and well spoken. I don't need substances or liver killing alcohol to have fun with my group of friends either.

But some people are different, And you can't deny that.

god damnit, i wrote out a long ass reply to paws post but then it didnt send -.-

Quote from TehPaws3D :Sorry, But if you take drugs to have " Fun" or " Crack up with some friends " You aren't ready to have kids and or have a job

I know plenty of people that are in perfectly good families that use drugs like one would use alcohol. Its no different.

Quote from TehPaws3D :As your brain/mind has never matured out of mommy will save me mode.

People who take drugs know the risks.

Quote from TehPaws3D :This is just my 2 cents, I'm sure you guys will flame me, But it's not responsible anyway you throw it.

Theres many worse things a parent could be doing..

Quote from TehPaws3D :Are you implying that it's okay to set a role model for kids that "Drugs are fine.. just don't take them while cops are around or while doing certain things, But when you aren't SMOKE UP!!!!" ( Or shoot up, I don't care. )

Who says the kids know?
I have a little sister, its not like i come home ****ed off my head around her, or talk about these things infront of her.
Its pretty easy to keep these things hush-hush to impressionable minds. So its hardly setting a role model for them when they don't even know.
Quote from amp88 :The problem I had with your statement (and the reason that it's condescending) is that you said "drugs are a way to escape". You didn't qualify it by saying something along the lines of "Some people use drugs as an attempt to temporarily free themselves from their problems". If you had said that I would have agreed with you. However, a plain reading of what you said (a plain reading because I don't think you deal in layers of nuance) says that you feel all [illegal] drug use is an attempt to escape. This prejudice (and condescension) is very popular within the public and is the result, I believe, of decades of anti-drug propaganda and social conditioning. A lot of people have no knowledge or experience with [illegal] drugs but have very strong opinions on them.

I can understand now that you took the time out to explain it, why you may feel that I am being condescending. I do not feel it's ALL users are those with problems. I said many, there's a difference. You are correct when you say that I don't wrap my words up, but it is possible I could have written it in a slightly different way. I do not feel that ALL drug users take them to escape, but would say that from my opinion, and in my experience, many people who take illegal drugs have issues.

Quote from The Moose :
Not for the first time S14 is talking out of his backside and is doing it in a completely condescending manner.

Just join the 'let's attack S14 bandwagon' why don't you? Talking out of my backside? No, I'm speaking from experience. If you don't have anything decent, constructive, and non-flamatory to say, then don't say it.

Quote from Woz :There are people who do not drink or take drugs and have problems such as abusive parents/spouses, financial or personal difficulty. That is a non argument. Would you care to back up with stats on %s on both sides or is this something you have pulled from thin air?

I'm not pulling my words off of a website or a publication, I'm speaking from experience and from what I've seen. Sure, alot of people who have problems don't drink or take drugs, but then equally there are those who do. It all depends on the person and how they deal with whatever stress and trauma they're going through at that particular time.

Quote :I respect your choice to not drink or take drugs. But some of your arguments make you sound like what I call the "reformed smoker", the person that gives something up but then trys to push their new found goodness on everyone. This is not saying you are BTW it is just the way your arguments come out.

Let's make it clear that I'm not. As I said, if people want to take drugs or drink then be my guest.

Quote :Food, driving fast in a car, the gym and even computer games can have the same destructive effect on peoples lives as drugs. You are simply too focused on the word drug. If you drink any fizzy drink, tea or coffee you use the drug caffine!

So from what I understand you're comparing drinking a can of Coca-Cola or having a cup of coffee when I get to the office in the morning to that of taking a hard drug? If I have a few cans of coke or a cup of coffee, I'm not going to start becoming abusive/depressive and antisocial/suicidal (just examples). I'm simply going to be slightly more awake. During my caffiene trip (I don't even really drink coffee, but do like Coca-Cola ), I remain in full control of my body and mental status.

As for the whole war against drugs, I'm afraid I cannot comment as I am neither familiar with that side of things or is it something I want to start looking into (as in researching) because I'll just end up becoming iritated or something with the world at large.

Quote from TehPaws3D :Sorry, But if you take drugs to have " Fun" or " Crack up with some friends " You aren't ready to have kids and or have a job, As your brain/mind has never matured out of mommy will save me mode.

This is just my 2 cents, I'm sure you guys will flame me, But it's not responsible anyway you throw it.

Are you implying that it's okay to set a role model for kids that "Drugs are fine.. just don't take them while cops are around or while doing certain things, But when you aren't SMOKE UP!!!!" ( Or shoot up, I don't care. )

I pretty much agree with this post..

As for the job and having kids, well, it all depends!

I don't have children but I imagine if they were to see that Mummy/Daddy were doing drugs then by deductive reasoning, they would believe it's alright for them to do it as well.

Simply saying, that while it's not possible (and ill advised!) to keep your children in a protective bubble, as a parent who loved your child, you would want to try and keep them away from as much avoidable harm as possible - which to me includes educating them about drugs and trying to help them see that they don't need drugs to enjoy themselves. If they then choose to take them, well that's their call and that's something you would have to discuss with them.

Quote from Klutch :I have a little sister, its not like i come home ****ed off my head around her, or talk about these things infront of her.
Its pretty easy to keep these things hush-hush to impressionable minds. So its hardly setting a role model for them when they don't even know.

Let's hope for our sake that young children are as naive as we hope they are when it comes to such things..

And, sorry to butt-in on your little argument with Miss Kitty, but not everyone who takes drugs knows the risk. Alot of people think many drugs such as cocaine aren't as dangerous as they really are!
Quote from thisnameistaken :
Working out that shrooms and LSD are much safer than heroin or crack is probably more difficult because they are portrayed (even by the users) as being radically reality-altering experiences. And in all honesty I would never recommend LSD to anyone purely because some people have a bad reaction to it and for those people it can have terrible mental health consequences, but for me it was a great, safe way to have fun for many years and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

It's a hard thing to tease out, but the way I think about it, the 'drugginess' of a drug is more closely related by the amount of times you do it, over the effects. I'm actually quite a bit more concerned about the 3 or 4 cups of coffee I'm drinking a day than by the spliff I had at a party six months ago, for example. The good thing about psychedelics is, that it's extremely difficult to become addicted to them- you drop acid and then you probably won't want to do it again for quite a while. For some people, once is enough. But alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, even pot... these drugs tend to get abused over the long term because the effects are relatively mellow at normal levels of consumption, and people can end up living in semi permanent states of intoxication. Maintenance dosing... This is basically what's happening within the legal drug culture that's in place right now.

So... there's something to be said for intense drugs- their intensity is pretty much a barrier to long term addiction.

Lol that has to be the most naive, sheltered teenie comment in this thread.

I suppose u have the same POV about all those over 21yo workers that goto Hooters after a hard weeks work just to "let their hair down"?. Chances are quite a few of them are parents and they seem to be doing ok, Even tho booze is alot worse than most drugs out there.

Or maybe u just want another prohibition law so nobody can have fun?

Still u look young, give it a few years and u will have looked past all the FUD laws and seen that the grass really is greener on the other side... Well with purple and neons and electric snakes in the sky too depending on ur current state...
I believe this fits here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb8VPYMgHlg
Quote :This is what I love, and can't stop loving.
Get wasted at parties, from 9 'till 7 in the morning.
I live for the music, rolling blunts, feeling high, getting loaded or take some pills and go to La La Land.
Spending all my money on dope and extreme high priced tickets.
But in the end it's all worth it.
I like to live in my own world. **** regular life, **** a 9 to 5 job.
I'm told to enjoy every moment, every hour, every minute.
That's what I do on Fridays and Saturdays. Why should I take life so seriously?
I just wanna do what I like to do. Being far from reality, cause I can't stand society.
This is my own world, I just wanna hear the music.

I think the whole system ****ing sucks.
Everybody's working their ****ing ass off during the week,
getting totally ****ing stressed out
So what's wrong, and what's right?
I live for the weekend, I live for hard styles, I live for hardstyle baby!

#87 - DeKo
Klutch, you would love Human Traffic.
Haha yeah, seen it quite a while ago.

Terrific movie, captures everything so truthfully and perfectly.
Regarding parents and their views on drugs, etc...

My parents have always been kind of open minded when it came to us kids having our first parties, experimenting with drugs, etc. We openly talked about these topics at home, and i think it was good like that. They didn't encourage us to take drugs (and there were clear lines/rules about hard drugs (cocaine, heroin, etc... not like any of us kids would have wanted to try those anyway)), but they preferred us to be honest about it and not hide it from them or lie about it when we wanted to try something.

I remember how my mom once told me "i would prefer if you smoked a joint a day instead of half a pack of cigarettes".

My parents didn't take any drugs by the way (apart from the occasional glass of wine).

Now let's take our family as an example and compare it to the neighbours family, where drugs were a big tabou. They told their kids to never do drugs, it's something bad, we don't tolerate it, blabla. Their kids came over to our house to smoke their weed, because they knew our parents didn't mind. They pretended to be the perfect kids in front of their own parents (my parents encouraged them to be honest with their parents, they didn't have the guts to do it tho).

Now let's go forward in time about 10 years.

My brother has just finished his law studies and is on his best way to become a lawyer. He's married, no kids yet but can't be long, beautiful and smart wife, lives in a beautiful house, blabla... perfect life. Takes no drugs at all beside some alcohol from time to time.

I have a good job as an event manager, good income, nice apartment, spare money to finance my love for making music, happy life, blabla. To this day, i smoke weed, but stay clear from other drugs. I don't drink.

And now the other two kids from the "perfect" neighbour family...

The daughter has married a man who does nothing but drink too much, problems at home all the time, divorced now, single mother with three kids and no outlook, you get the idea.

Their son has married a "party girl" dumb as a stick, they met at a rave. He's had several drug problems with hard drugs, got arrested numerous times, was in jail, had to pay huge fines for drug abuse, etc. Problems at home, physical fights, divorce, she has the kid now... he still has drug problems, tried to kill himself in the car, etc.

Go figure.
I'm honest with my mum because i hate lying to her and going behind her back about things, i told her literally the day after what i did and made sure she understood i took as many precautions as i could.

She was never one to be strict and always let me make my own decisions and mistakes, and im glad for that as i love the person i've become due to it.

I have friends whos parents wrap them in cotton wool and i honestly can't imagine how they put up with it.
Quote from Electrik Kar :...

So... there's something to be said for intense drugs- their intensity is pretty much a barrier to long term addiction.

I suppose it's difficult to imagine coming home from work each day and getting off your tits on acid, it's not the most relaxing experience ever.

Also you actually build quite a strong tolerance to LSD very quickly - if you tried to take it on consecutive days you would probably find the second day it does nothing for you.

Er... Apparently!
Quote from Klutch :She was never one to be strict and always let me make my own decisions and mistakes, and im glad for that as i love the person i've become due to it.

So it's your mothers bad parenting that has made you the douchebag that you are.

Good to know!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :So it's your mothers bad parenting that has made you the douchebag that you are.

Good to know!

Lol that's a good one. I don't necessiarily agree, but nevertheless the comedy value is most certainly high.
Quote from S14 DRIFT : Lol that's a good one. I don't necessiarily agree, but nevertheless the comedy value is most certainly high.

With such golden, humane comments as:
Quote from Klutch :lolowned

in response to:

Quote from AtomAnt :Couple of really sick kids...stalked a girl, said she was and easy target, so they got on the net and planned her death...then they went and killed her.

I say KIDS because the oldest was 17, now they can't be named, but I would go Dexter on their ass.

Using a forum of any kind to hunt some poor girl who did nothing more than be good looking, and then take her life, and laugh about on a forum...I hope someone beats these idiots to death with a keyboard.

Try them as adults and give them the death penalty...it just hurts my heart to see this chit go on.

Case in point of Klutch's great parenting!

Suffice it to say, that is some of the most naive nonsense i've read on the subject so far. It's quite absurd really.

If we took that attitude with our legal (and more harmful to both the individual and society) drugs (yup, alcohol ) then 90% of the population would be unemployed and childless.
Quote from Foilpact :Lol that has to be the most naive, sheltered teenie comment in this thread.

I suppose u have the same POV about all those over 21yo workers that goto Hooters after a hard weeks work just to "let their hair down"?. Chances are quite a few of them are parents and they seem to be doing ok, Even tho booze is alot worse than most drugs out there.

Or maybe u just want another prohibition law so nobody can have fun?

Still u look young, give it a few years and u will have looked past all the FUD laws and seen that the grass really is greener on the other side... Well with purple and neons and electric snakes in the sky too depending on ur current state...

I don't care if you're 90 and a war veteran, I have the same POV for everyone, If you take drugs, To have fun " relax " Or whatever you want to do with whatever psychedelic colours you wish to see, Hey! That's fine with me. But it shows how mature you are. And I've never fought the fact booze is worse than these drugs, Seeing everything in green blue and red is probably better than seeing sextuplets of the same thing. I have a few friends that take drugs, But I've never downed them.

And sorry, I don't plan to use drugs or drink or smoke, Whatever grass is green on your side, It's probably the ganja. My side is filled with flowers, hello kitty designs and all that good stuff.

And saying I'm sheltered.. well, you didn't see where I came up at, Either. I knew what orgies and rainbow parties where before I knew how to ride a bike without training wheels.

Official: Just do mushrooms
(177 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG