The online racing simulator
Official: Just do mushrooms
(177 posts, started )
Quote from dawesdust_12 :So it's your mothers bad parenting that has made you the douchebag that you are.

Good to know!

Online persona =/= Real life persona

Contrary to your belief, i'm actually a civilised normal person when not online. That is, unless you cross me.
Quote from TehPaws3D : If you take drugs, To have fun " relax " Or whatever you want to do with whatever psychedelic colours you wish to see, Hey! That's fine with me. But it shows how mature you are.

You keep repeating this.

Is everyone who has a few drinks to have fun or relax immature in your eyes?
Quote from Klutch :Contrary to your belief, i'm actually a civilised normal person when not online. That is, unless you cross me.

Why don't you just be yourself online as well then?

You've proven yourself to be pretty mature and down to earth in this thread, with some very sensible views on the subject of drugs. Why you feel the need to act like a complete cock in some of the other threads I have no idea, if that's not what you're like in reality
I don't like to take the internet so seriously.
Quote from The Moose :You've proven yourself to be pretty mature and down to earth in this thread, with some very sensible views on the subject of drugs. Why you feel the need to act like a complete cock in some of the other threads I have no idea, if that's not what you're like in reality

It's because his internet tough guy persona is important to him, it's a secret world where he's aloof and carefree and so interminably hip that if anyone suggests he looks funny in his mum's eyeliner and his dad's hi-vis vest it's because we're completely out of touch with youth culture.

That's the rave youth culture that we invented 20 years ago that he's recently discovered btw - yes that's the one he understands and we don't.
Quote from The Moose :You keep repeating this.

Is everyone who has a few drinks to have fun or relax immature in your eyes?

No, But we aren't talking about alcohol, Long as it's done in private and you don't try to operate a crane it's fine, I guess.
Quote from thisnameistaken :It's because his internet tough guy persona is important to him, it's a secret world where he's aloof and carefree

lol u mad?
never been an "internet tough guy" or keyboard warrior, so lol@you

Quote from thisnameistaken :if anyone suggests he looks funny in his mum's eyeliner and his dad's hi-vis vest it's because we're completely out of touch with youth culture.

Its my eyeliner tyvm.

Quote from thisnameistaken :That's the rave youth culture that we invented 20 years ago that he's recently discovered btw

Well no shit i only just recently discovered in the last 4 years.
I wasn't born over 20 years ago...
Quote from Klutch :I don't like to take the internet so seriously.

But you must! It is the pinnacle of information sharing and news! To make a mockery of this is.. a crime against humanity. Do you want to be convicted of such a shameful crime? No wonder you live in the land of criminals, for you are nothing but a dark speck on the grandeur of the human race.
I see the internet as a source of entertainment.
Kind of like a game.
Quote from Klutch :I see the internet as a source of entertainment.
Kind of like a game.

Well I'm sorry that you see this wealth of information and technology as a simple game, and taking for granted the various efforts that people much more intelligent than you have exerted.

It's a damn shame this gets wasted.
Quote from TehPaws3D :No, But we aren't talking about alcohol,

Is alcohol not a drug?

Alcohol is right at the top of the list of dangerous drugs, along with heroin (which is actually not that dangerous in itself) and tobacco.

For you to say the people who use the "other" drugs are immature, not fit to have kids or have a job, but then not include all the people that drink in that is completely hypocritical.

Nothing personal, but your showing an obvious lack of understanding about the subject that's being discussed here.
Quote from TehPaws3D :No, But we aren't talking about alcohol, Long as it's done in private and you don't try to operate a crane it's fine, I guess.

U will be surprised when u get out from the basement and see what goes on in the world.

Anyone that has a life will go out partying at least now and again and probably at least 1/3 of people in popular party places will be taking drugs.

If it was that bad then why has California allowed weed to be sold legally?

How old are u exactly?..
They didn't. The proposition failed. Regardless, even if it passed. The DEA (a Federal institution) has Marajuana on its "banned materials" list (or whatever).. so it'd still be illegal in California.
I thought there were still loads of weed dispensaries still going strong?...

Also i doubt the Weed Report on Youtube would still be happening if it was illegal, idk...
Weed is illegal in Canada as well.

We have stores that sell bongs and other paraphernalia. Possession and even use is typically tolerated without charges. Use should still be kept to your own private property though. It's the growing that they get a bit annoyed with.. but even that is tolerated so long as you're not mass producing.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Weed is illegal in Canada as well.

We have stores that sell bongs and other paraphernalia. Possession and even use is typically tolerated without charges. Use should still be kept to your own private property though. It's the growing that they get a bit annoyed with.. but even that is tolerated so long as you're not mass producing.

You know, This explains why people in canada have lowered mental abilitys. Store buggy + Staircase = LETS ****ING DO IT. But yet, The broken bones in the end is what makes me smile. Oh wells..
Which is ironic considering the nationality of all the cast members of "Jackass". Along with the overall consensus that a mentally handicapped man can rule your country for 8 years.. and probably would do a better job than most of the population as well.

There's less ill consequences from people smoking weed on occasion, feeling lazy and eating a bit too many Cheetos, than getting smashed every weekend and engaging in promiscuous sex.

Yet drinking is legal... resulting in thousands of unwanted children, but weed.. which just makes you eat and sleep.. is illegal?
Quote from TehPaws3D :You know, This explains why people in canada have lowered mental abilitys. Store buggy + Staircase = LETS ****ING DO IT.

Sounds like fun if you ask me.
Quote from Klutch :Online persona =/= Real life persona

Contrary to your belief, i'm actually a civilised normal person when not online. That is, unless you cross me.

It's a little off topic, but comments like the one you made earlier aren't the kind of thing someone would say if they weren't like that as a person generally. The whole 'I'm a completely different person in RL' thing is annoying. You're not, you may be understood in a different way because there are more ways to express yourself than simply written word (as it's very hard to post online without it sounding offensive even if you didn't mean it).

I sort of agree with Dustin's comments but regardless, why the urge to do weed in the first place. I mean, I agree, it seems to certainly be less dangerous, but it's still a mental status altering substance and begs the question as to why you want your mental status altering to begin with.

And Canadian's aren't all that bad. I know one in particular and they are most certainly not stupid. Infact they're one of the smartest and most interesting people I know. Let's not generalise a nation based on a South Park episode.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :.... and begs the question as to why you want your mental status altering to begin with.

That's like asking why people want to have sex (for recreation as opposed to procreation)

Humans always have and always will seek pleasure. Having an orgasm induces a chemical reaction in the brain. Humans like inducing chemical reactions in their brains.

You can substitute sex in my argument for bungee jumping, skdiving or a thousand other things that make our brain chemistry change, including drugs.

It is by all accounts a simple case of human nature.
I have the urge to have the above because it's more than physical, it's emotional with the person you're doing it with.

Choosing to take a drug which is not natural (I.E produced by your body..) which may or may not cause physcological problems later in life is not something which would appeal to me. I understand many people have the urge to experiment and try different things, but surely the little angel which is our concience would tell us that we 1) don't need whatever substance and 2) should know better than to get involved with that life!

Off topic, but what makes me laugh is that they're perfectly happy to try to smoke or shoot up on whatever substance, but whenever you ask them to drive anywhere they don't know, they're like "No :'(". Perhaps that's my drug, exploration and what not.. who knows
Quote from S14 DRIFT :but surely the little angel which is our concience would tell us that we 1) don't need whatever substance and 2) should know better than to get involved with that life!

People only have that little angel because its been drilled into us from a young age, by the government that drugs are bad and will kill you.

Very similiar to how religions work. You get it drilled into you from a young age so you'll believe any bullshit they throw at you.

Only instead of
"Don't masturbate or you'll go to hell"
its
"MDMA puts holes in your brain" and "LSD drains your spinal fluid"
#123 - Woz
Quote from S14 DRIFT :So from what I understand you're comparing drinking a can of Coca-Cola or having a cup of coffee when I get to the office in the morning to that of taking a hard drug? If I have a few cans of coke or a cup of coffee, I'm not going to start becoming abusive/depressive and antisocial/suicidal (just examples). I'm simply going to be slightly more awake. During my caffiene trip (I don't even really drink coffee, but do like Coca-Cola ), I remain in full control of my body and mental status.

Your answer here highlights that you allow what is legal and easy to purchase to blur you view on what is a drug. Caffine is actually a far "harder" drug than you and many other give it credit for.

There is a reason fizzy drinks with high levels of caffine have become so popular with the young, they are an easy to source stimulant with strong effects and that gives a high when taken even in smallish doses. At higher doses has very strong effects

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine

You should read up on caffine, its withdrawl and overuse etc. Caffine withdrawl can be experienced after a short duration of highish caffine use and does lead to abusive and antisocial behaviour and depression along with a whole raft of other side effects including a 'crash' similar to that of other stimulants.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :I'm not pulling my words off of a website or a publication, I'm speaking from experience and from what I've seen. Sure, alot of people who have problems don't drink or take drugs, but then equally there are those who do. It all depends on the person and how they deal with whatever stress and trauma they're going through at that particular time.

All of us have a very limited view on the world when we only take our own experiences into account. Doing this limits our view of the human condition and what that means into a tiny slit of what people are and live with and through during life. Sorry if this is a bit zen but hope you can see where I am coming from

Quote from S14 DRIFT : As for the whole war against drugs, I'm afraid I cannot comment as I am neither familiar with that side of things or is it something I want to start looking into (as in researching) because I'll just end up becoming iritated or something with the world at large.

This is a shame because understanding the issues around the war on drugs and the costs and side effects of this "war" is one of the central issues in the entire debate.

The fact that the US back tracked on its attempt to ban booze shows it is fuitile. When scaled to a global level the disruptive problems is causes are drastic.

Education on drugs and their misuse is better than a ban, less destructive on society and also provides huge income via taxes to help deal with problems such as misuse. It is a far better solution that also removed hugh income for gangs and hence much of their power.

BTW: This is not a personal attack on you. I have singled you out as you appear to have a strong view on this and also appear up for a meaningful debate on the subject in the way to respond to my posts
There are several posts in this thread from what seems to be intelligent and smart people speaking of their personal first hand experiences regarding this subject.

The funny thing is, those posts get somewhat ignored by the people who post their scare tactic induced views on the subject. I wonder if they don't want to hear the truth and therefor ignore those posts.

Quote from jibber :
The funny thing is, those posts get somewhat ignored by the people who post their scare tactic induced views on the subject. I wonder if they don't want to hear the truth and therefore ignore those posts.

I don't think that it's them not wanting to hear the truth as such, it's probably due to the fact that they have no personal experience of the subject, so all they have to draw on is the bullshit they have been taught in school, church, ill educated (on this subject) parents and from their governments.

They are perfectly entitled to their opinions, but to those of use who have a lot more life experience, and in this case experience of using drugs, their opinions really don't count for much I'm afraid.

Official: Just do mushrooms
(177 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG