The online racing simulator
Official: Just do mushrooms
(177 posts, started )
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Then if you don't need them to have a good time, is the added enjoyment worth the risk to your body? Oh, after looking at you, I guess it is.

You seriously cannot have a proper conversation/debate without resorting to personal attacks?
"Messing" or not.

And yes, the added enjoyment is worth the risk, If it wasn't, i wouldn't do it.
I do everything i can to minimise harm, this includes pill testing and checking pillreports often. I don't blindly ingest random pills like some people.

Along with that, i do alot of research before i decide to try something new.

I'll just leave this here;
(Shit quality but hey, you try taking a pic with a phonecam in the middle of the bush with ****all lighting)
-
(FPVaaron) DELETED by FPVaaron
Quote from S14 DRIFT :

So basically, from my understanding, you took some people who didn't want to try drugs and using whatever methods, probably 'peer pressure', you got them to take what they clearly didn't want to originally take. Grats bro.

Your 'understanding' has failed you again.
Which might explain your unemployment..

I never peer pressured anyone, unlike your narrow minded approach to the subject I educated in a logical sense to people willing to listen and allowed them to make up their own mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8knnO38JAw
From reading your post, you stated that the people previously mentioned who didn't want to do drugs (clearly indicated to me by the phrase "said they never wanted to do LSD".

Unemployed? Really, I work full time doing computer support services...in fact I'm at work right now. Smart one!

But you're correct in some respects, perhaps I don't understand since I wasn't there. But to me, if someone didn't want to do drugs and you got them to, that's peer pressure. Whether it was concious by saying 'Go on, do it', or whether you were saying that there's a x% chance of this happening, etc.

How am I being narrowminded in this issue? I believe that while I can't understand everything regarding this issue, I have had enough experience in this area to have a valid opinion. The fact that my beliefs are against drugs does not make me narrow minded.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :The fact that my beliefs are against drugs does not make me narrow minded.

No, it doesn't. Some of the arguments you posted do however (IMO).
You are of course entitled to your own opinion.

To me, the only narrow minded post on this very interesting thread was the one on this page about peer pressure. But that could have been a misunderstanding of words. But nevertheless..
Quote from S14 DRIFT :With meditative states, you don't tend to hallucinate...so if that's the end result you're looking for, then you'll be disapointed.

Uh huh. I like to hallucinate, that's why I like LSD and mushrooms. Are you starting to understand now why someone might take LSD or mushrooms? Because they like to hallucinate. Simple logical stuff, easy.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Sorry but I detect a sort of 'Well it's your loss' attitude because I choose not to use drugs for whatever reason?

I didn't intend that at all. If you read my posts you'll see that nowhere have I suggested that anyone should take hallucinogens. In fact I've explained why I don't recommend them.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Sure people who I don't know doing drugs may not harm me (equally they might - they may think I'm an ancient king and then they'll stab me to recover my 'treasure' because they're so tripped out)

As we've already established, you don't have any experience of what it's like to trip, so your fears are irrational and based on what you've seen in the media. There's very little narrative at all to a trip, everything is too distracting for one idea to hold your attention for very long. You might get quite involved in staring at something because it looks spectacular - and it could be something otherwise mundane like a cardboard box or the pavement - but inventing a fantasy about killing someone? Maybe if you were a pyschopath to begin with. But to be honest you are probably safer if you run into a psychopath while he's tripping because his basic functions will be impaired to say the least.
^^Agreed.

Chances are if you did somehow think your best friend was a demon in a humans body, you'd probably get distracted by the shiney knife and forget about what you were about to do anyway.
"LSD is a psychedelic drug which occasionally causes psychotic behavior in people who have NOT taken it."
Timothy Leary
Quote from thisnameistaken :Uh huh. I like to hallucinate, that's why I like LSD and mushrooms. Are you starting to understand now why someone might take LSD or mushrooms? Because they like to hallucinate. Simple logical stuff, easy.

Your choice. I have always understood why people want to take LSD - to get high and hallucinate.. but never can understand why people want to halucinate in the first place.

Quote :I didn't intend that at all. If you read my posts you'll see that nowhere have I suggested that anyone should take hallucinogens. In fact I've explained why I don't recommend them.

Perhaps I missed that. I'm only quick scanning/posting because I'm at work.

Quote :As we've already established, you don't have any experience of what it's like to trip, so your fears are irrational and based on what you've seen in the media.

I am not influenced by the media. I don't read newspapers and the only news I watch is BBC Breakfast between about 6 and 6:15am so all I ever really see how is Mabel's cat was rescued by a Giant Otter. I've never done LSD, that wasn't what I resorted to when I took drugs..

Quote :There's very little narrative at all to a trip, everything is too distracting for one idea to hold your attention for very long. You might get quite involved in staring at something because it looks spectacular - and it could be something otherwise mundane like a cardboard box or the pavement - but inventing a fantasy about killing someone? Maybe if you were a pyschopath to begin with. But to be honest you are probably safer if you run into a psychopath while he's tripping because his basic functions will be impaired to say the least.

Since I can't argue for or against, I would have to take your word for that. I'd hope that you would put your belief in that to the test one day.
-
(FPVaaron) DELETED by FPVaaron
Quote from S14 DRIFT :but never can understand why people want to halucinate in the first place.

Same reason why people go bungee jumping to seek an adrenaline rush.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Your choice. I have always understood why people want to take LSD - to get high and hallucinate.. but never can understand why people want to halucinate in the first place.

I dunno, have you ever read Tim Leary or Hunter S. Thompson? Or listened to music inspired by LSD? Or ever have faint hallucinations as a result of illness or sleep deprivation, or not quite enough general anaesthetic? I can imagine loads of reasons why people would be curious about hallucinating - what could be more interesting than a substance that alters your perception of everything around you? It sounds pretty attractive to me.

The first time I did mushrooms was when I went to school and told a mate that I'd just had a weird experience on the bus where I saw something that wasn't there, and he said "That's a great idea, let's go shroom picking", so we bunked off school and had a fairly mental day mashed out of our minds in the Pennines.

I can't say I gave it a great deal of thought before deciding to do it, I didn't spend days musing about whether it was a good idea or not, or wondering if taking mushrooms would be indicative of some kind of weakness of character on my part, I just ate the mushrooms and had a lot of fun and a day out I will probably never forget.
#162 - STF
Lets just ask you this, why do you have sex if you don`t want to procreate?
Bit of an interesting discussion going on, been reading!

I suppose I'll plead guilty in the fact that I'm pretty narrow minded against drugs, not something I can help really, however, it 100% comes from experience, not from watching or reading information.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I dunno, have you ever read Tim Leary or Hunter S. Thompson? Or listened to music inspired by LSD? Or ever have faint hallucinations as a result of illness or sleep deprivation, or not quite enough general anaesthetic? I can imagine loads of reasons why people would be curious about hallucinating - what could be more interesting than a substance that alters your perception of everything around you? It sounds pretty attractive to me.

It certainly interests me however I don't have the urge to take a substance to get the rush. That's just my philosiphy. (tired can't spell)

Quote :The first time I did mushrooms was when I went to school and told a mate that I'd just had a weird experience on the bus where I saw something that wasn't there, and he said "That's a great idea, let's go shroom picking", so we bunked off school and had a fairly mental day mashed out of our minds in the Pennines.

While that may sound fun in a juvenile sort of way. I'll look over the fact that unless you knew exactly what sort of mushrooms you were picking you could have gotten poisoned.

Quote :I can't say I gave it a great deal of thought before deciding to do it, I didn't spend days musing about whether it was a good idea or not, or wondering if taking mushrooms would be indicative of some kind of weakness of character on my part, I just ate the mushrooms and had a lot of fun and a day out I will probably never forget.

Well it's good that you enjoyed yourself but you should consider yourself lucky, as per above.

Going home so speak on Monday.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :While that may sound fun in a juvenile sort of way. I'll look over the fact that unless you knew exactly what sort of mushrooms you were picking you could have gotten poisoned.

Yeah I didn't think of that, although it turns out the type that grow in the UK are quite distinctive and easy to spot. But hey I could've also got hit by a meteor or stampeded by paranoid sheep or something, I didn't consider those things either. Fortunately they didn't happen and I am still alive and well.

To be honest I wonder how you ever get anything done if you're so risk averse.
I gotta say. Seeing the sun come up on LSD was quite spectacular to watch.
The orange horizon was so vibrant, so bright, so raw. Was certainly a beautiful sight with trance playing in the background echoing through the bush and trees. Very peaceful.
At one point the whole sky was pretty much orange =)

More pics of random stuff

Bickering aside, its rather funny that this thread would be the one that's interesting to read in this forum.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :More interesting than most of the crap posted here.
I still find that story of the guy buying cheese whilst on acid hilarious.

The first time I took mushrooms we ended up walking up towards Wakefield College to see some people we knew, and on this one building along the way there were a bunch of open windows at ground level, so I said "I'm going to poke my head in here and stick my tongue out at them".

So I jumped and grabbed the edge of this open window and scrambled up to poke my head inside, and it was ****ing FULL of coppers who were now all staring at me! Wood Street police station!

First trip, announced it to a control room full of coppers. Result!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Yeah I didn't think of that, although it turns out the type that grow in the UK are quite distinctive and easy to spot. But hey I could've also got hit by a meteor or stampeded by paranoid sheep or something, I didn't consider those things either. Fortunately they didn't happen and I am still alive and well.

Blind luck, perhaps? The two possible problems are that meteors are not common..

Quote :To be honest I wonder how you ever get anything done if you're so risk averse.

I like risk, just not drugs.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Blind luck, perhaps? The two possible problems are that meteors are not common..

You're arguing from a position of ignorance again here. You don't know how easy/difficult it is to pick a lot of shrooms and not get any poisonous ones, whereas I do know how easy it is because I've done it a lot. The fact that I've picked thousands of the little monsters and never got a bad one suggests that the chances are very slim, doesn't it?

I don't know about shrooms in other countries that may be different species and may live among dangerous similar-looking mushrooms. But that isn't the case in the UK.
I'm sure that yourself, assuming you're a sensible man living in tut north, you would have done your reasearch. Other younger people who thing it's cool likely wouldn't have.
Quote from aoun :I suppose I'll plead guilty in the fact that I'm pretty narrow minded against drugs, not something I can help really, however, it 100% comes from experience, not from watching or reading information.

That sums up perfectly that something i was trying to write
and on an unrelated note

so keen to try mushies and ketamine one day.
Mushrooms was the first psychedelic I did. It was my 16th birthday and my next door neighbour (who was also my best friend) and I, drank a mushroom brew in his backyard music studio that was purposely built for our band rehearsals (egg carton walls!).

At some point during our trip his mum came in with a cupcake with a candle in it, and instead of eating it I just slowly picked it apart with my fingers, rubbing the crumbs over and over in my hands. I swore I was tapping in to the atomic structure of the cupcake- I think my friends mum had trouble understanding why I was squishing the cupcake up instead of eating it.

It got to a point in the trip (long after my friends mum left) where I felt that things had gotten really profound. I kept insisting to my friend that we should go outside and tell people all about mushrooms- I had become a 16 year old Jesus. My friend thought it best that we stay inside the studio.

On reflection I think he was probably right!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I'm sure that yourself, assuming you're a sensible man living in tut north, you would have done your reasearch. Other younger people who thing it's cool likely wouldn't have.

No, I did no research. My friend Stef said "This is one, pick these" and I picked those.

Quote from Electrik Kar :It got to a point in the trip (long after my friends mum left) where I felt that things had gotten really profound. I kept insisting to my friend that we should go outside and tell people all about mushrooms- I had become a 16 year old Jesus. My friend thought it best that we stay inside the studio.

On reflection I think he was probably right!

Haha. I remember one time when we did waaaay too many - I had mine in a pile on a Haynes manual and I was just munching on them and chatting away, until someone said "Kev you're eating grass" - I had apparently eaten all the mushrooms and not noticed that there was only bits of grass left.

Anyway a couple of hours in and we'd figured out that we were all actually gods. We'd logically arrived at that conclusion and were understandably pretty pleased with ourselves at our new-found omnipotence, when someone spotted a pile of board games on top of a wardrobe and said "We should play Brit Quiz. Given that we're all gods we should be pretty good at Brit Quiz."

We'd also forgotten to buy enough fags, so we had to venture out to an all-night garage to stock up, while completely steamingly incapable of pretty much anything except giggling uncontrollably and gasping in awe at anything and everything. That was the most difficult shopping I have ever had to do.

Official: Just do mushrooms
(177 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG