The online racing simulator
Quote from MrEko :How much time could it take to write a few lines every week or so? Just to keep us on track

He said he doesn't want to make reports weekly and I understand him. If I were developing the physics I wouldn't want to say "This week I'm working on XXX" then next week say "The XXX idea turned out impossible" then next week "I'm still trying to figure how to do XXX", and so on. He said he only makes reports when theres something to report, so we can understand this two and half months of silence as:

a) Carcass Deformation turned very hard and still not finished.
b) Silently finished carcass defirmation and started on suspension/VW SC.

I think we all hope the second option is right.
Quote from RasmusL :I think you's trollin.

I think he's making a statement of fact. The test patch forum always exists, they just remove it from the main listing when there's no activity.
Quote from kimd41 :He said he doesn't want to make reports weekly and I understand him. If I were developing the physics I wouldn't want to say "This week I'm working on XXX" then next week say "The XXX idea turned out impossible" then next week "I'm still trying to figure how to do XXX", and so on. He said he only makes reports when theres something to report, so we can understand this two and half months of silence as:

a) Carcass Deformation turned very hard and still not finished.
b) Silently finished carcass defirmation and started on suspension/VW SC.

I think we all hope the second option is right.

True
Quote from BOSCHO :the tire engineer in Iracing said that the tire physics code is the hardest thing to do in a racing game.. so it takes time
and this is not the only thing that the devs are building in lfs

What is he after then? Perfection? Because i don't think those people at Iracing are stupid in comparison to Scawen.
So if it took them a long time to work on the tyre physics it should take a much bigger amount of time to have "our" physics done.
Is this work going somewhere good or it is just a waste of time?
Why am i posting in this thread in the first place? No one of them devs seems to damn care of their users anymore. If i was one of them i would already have thanked god that a lot of users are still wandering on here and playing their game.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I think he's making a statement of fact. The test patch forum always exists, they just remove it from the main listing when there's no activity.

This.

I bookmarked it a while ago. But it's pretty much dead in there
from the sound of it they are basically having to redo the whole physics engine. When we get it I imagine it will change LFS so much we don't recognize it.
Quote from Luke.S :from the sound of it they are basically having to redo the whole physics engine. When we get it I imagine it will change LFS so much we don't recognize it.

That would be the case if LFS would have the physics of some Arcade game. But as LFS is already a good (albeit a bit flawed) approximation of realistic physics, the changes will be noticeable, but subtle
ITT: people who know nothing about development pretending they have the crystal ball.
For sure, but since even Scawen doesn't really know what to expect (except a generical "better simulation") ...
Even i can make a good sim if you give me ∞+1 years of time.

Devs are good at making this game even better, no doubt, but even they should admit it's not really the best solutions to have just one people coding, one designing and one fiddling with the interwebz.
They could have done the same work with less than half the time if they only asked for help.
Quote from Mango Juice :I wish Notch developed LFS.

If you actually think the time and skill required to do the updates currently going into Minecraft even remotely compares to the time and skill required to do race car physics right, you're seriously deluded. Which is what this whole thread is about isn't it? Ignorant people having very strong opinions about things they don't understand.
Brilliant, if the quote didn't include the words "We plan to". At no point is the patch/content/car/track promised for a given date, and since then we've been told 'from the horse's mouth' some of the reasons and details for the delay.
Don't need to cry guys, the devs should have a lot of work... Even if it takes one more year, the real game lovers would stay active on LFS I think.
maybe it was planed at early 2020 year ?
At the moment I have the feeling that it is more likely that the world gets
three-Vulcoan-outbreaks and an earthquake with a tsunami AT THE SAME TIME, than a LFS-Patch. I´d bet 5cent, if I had some...

Dandy
Anyone looking forward to racing Kombi's in GT5 btw?
I will never give up hope in LFS.

Just look at all the folks from back in the good old LFS days coming back, and giving it another try.

This sure means, that LFS is NOT, I recall, NOT, dead.

Being a computer software, it's never dead.
Quote from rockclan :I will never give up hope in LFS.

Just look at all the folks from back in the good old LFS days coming back, and giving it another try.

This sure means, that LFS is NOT, I recall, NOT, dead.

Being a computer software, it's never dead.

Untill none plays it, and Scawen removed it from his HDD.
Quote from Bose321 :Untill none plays it, and Scawen removed it from his HDD.

As they say in The Netherlands, you are a:

Optimist tot aan de kist.
Quote from rockclan :As they say in The Netherlands, you are a:

Optimist tot aan de kist.

For those really interested in our language:

Optimist tot in de kist
Maybe we should all boycott this thread. And let an actual developer post....

Been following this thread for a while now and its the same crap over and over again. People bitch about lfs then people bitch about people bitching and then people bitch about people bitching about bitching.
Quote from jai5 :Maybe we should all boycott this thread. And let an actual developer post....

Been following this thread for a while now and its the same crap over and over again. People bitch about lfs then people bitch about people bitching and then people bitch about people bitching about bitching.

My hero!
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG