The online racing simulator
Quote from MrEko :I still can't understand why Scawen doesn't keep a log about what their doing. I think that would keep us calm, if we knew what was going on

I totaly agree
so yea I think LFS will die in next year if no major updates will be realesed
Quote from Udris1992 :so yea I think LFS will die in next year if no major updates will be realesed

Please shut the **** up already with "LFS is dead/will die". It's getting really annoying. You're not helping to speed up the development, nor will change Scawen's mind to release a unfinished physics. I'm pretty sure we'll get updates this year or as soon as early next year, physics aren't developed forever.
I think there will be a test patch Friday!

(yeah whatever, just wishing :P)
Quote from Nadeo4441 :I think there will be a test patch Friday!

(yeah whatever, just wishing :P)

no test patch next friday
or maybe next next friday or next next next friday
Quote from aaltomar :I'd say you're being pretty optimistic here regarding LFS
The current iRacing tyre model can't be that far off compared to current LFS model.

I'd say you're being pretty optimistic here regarding iRacing

Go back to previous page, in those videos, the iRacing founder admits the current tyre physics are pretty much faked with curves at this point, (abeit, fairly well it appears), but none-the-less it appears to only just be catching up with the LFS tyre model (ie: stuff like tyre flex and contact patch movement). (Source thanks aaltomar)

Any-who, this is tyre physics thread, don't want to start a sim vs sim argument of course , extra content doesn't concern me too much, just a better driving model, but thanks for your infos.
Hai guise, if we extrapolate the release data from the last year it can be concluded that S3 will never be released.
Believe me, I have a PhD in Statistics from Derp University.

Problem, lfsforum?
I'll join in the flaming for 1 post, and then go back to my "never playing LFS, except for with team races" status.

Isn't this simulator called:

"Live" for "Speed"

Now where is the god damn SPEED in patch releases to LIVE for.

Regards,
Ton
http://forum.city-driving.co.u ... &pid=173441#pid173441
Quote from Victor :Hello,

You've got two additional unlocks available now.
As for your second question :

We are still here and working on the next update.
The thing is that while developing the Scirocco, we found out that LFS had a
few flaws in its physics programming and these really needed to be addressed
in order for LFS's (future) cars to drive properly.
These updates however are very difficult. It's all very advanced physics and
maths and these things caused the long break in LFS's development. Well, not
a break - we have been hard at work, but we cannot release anything yet
until these fixes are done.
We are still working on this, but good progress is being made.

So, there will for sure be a next patch and more after that. It just takes a
little time, but we think it is very worth it, as it will increase the value
of the sim.

Kind regards,

Victor van Vlaardingen"

I wish Notch developed LFS.
I heard rumblings that it was also optimization related, as the new tyre model was very computer intensive.
It is starting to be a bummer that Scawen wants it to run on an abacus. If he scrapped that concept it would've been out ages ago (supposedly)
it is great that LFS can run on slower spec PC's it makes for a larger community, the only thing i would let a graphic card handle a tad more of the rendering...
good job LFS Devs! I can wait if i have to
All i know is thank Christ the dev team don't own a McDonalds , two years waiting for your fries would wear most people down
Will LFS with the optimizing done, run on my calculator?
No sorry , only Nintendo Game& Watch
Quote from MrEko :I still can't understand why Scawen doesn't keep a log about what their doing. I think that would keep us calm, if we knew what was going on

Because it costs a lot of time and he prefers to spend that on the physiscs.

Quote :I think there will be a test patch Friday!

You see a test patch forum? No indeed. We know when it is comming close if the Test Patch Forum get's back, Victor(?) said that.
Quote from Calzone :Because it costs a lot of time and he prefers to spend that on the physiscs.

How much time could it take to write a few lines every week or so? Just to keep us on track
the tire engineer in Iracing said that the tire physics code is the hardest thing to do in a racing game.. so it takes time
and this is not the only thing that the devs are building in lfs
Maybe Scawen is moving house again
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG