The online racing simulator
So they made an imaginary car in a videogame that beats the lap record for an F1 car in a videogame... big whoop? Am I the only one who doesnt give two shits?
well me too.......I pay for real cars, not made up ones.
This reminds me to the FZR2000 from nfs 2
Quote from MijnWraak :So they made an imaginary car in a videogame that beats the lap record for an F1 car in a videogame... big whoop? Am I the only one who doesnt give two shits?

The point of it is that this is what Adrian Newey's F1 cars would look like if there were no rules to follow, and it's awesome, so yes, you are the only one who doesn't care.
Quote from DeKo :The point of it is that this is what Adrian Newey's F1 cars would look like if there were no rules to follow, and it's awesome, so yes, you are the only one who doesn't care.

JJ72 also does not care.
Quote from MijnWraak :JJ72 also does not care.

Good for him, really, let's pick his post apart.

Quote from JJ72 :well me too.......I pay for real cars, not made up ones.

You paid for LFS, right? so if you pay for real cars, why did you buy LFS? i assume you have Rfactor or NKpro aswell, being a sim racing fan, why did you buy them if you strictly want real cars? I'm assuming when you play LFS you drive strictly the BF1 and RAC? No? Well what a hypocrite you are.

Stop being so ridiculously narrow-minded, this car is cool as a technical exercise, who hasn't imagined what F1 would be like with no rules? Using the "I pay for real cars, not made up ones" argument is monumentally idiotic.
Umm, if i'm not mistaken, they plan to build this car for real... but even if they don't, it's a really cool concept, and i don't mind having it in the game at all..
Quote from DeKo :You paid for LFS, right? so if you pay for real cars, why did you buy LFS? i assume you have Rfactor or NKpro aswell, being a sim racing fan, why did you buy them if you strictly want real cars? I'm assuming when you play LFS you drive strictly the BF1 and RAC? No? Well what a hypocrite you are.

Stop being so ridiculously narrow-minded, this car is cool as a technical exercise, who hasn't imagined what F1 would be like with no rules? Using the "I pay for real cars, not made up ones" argument is monumentally idiotic.

LFS was never about real cars and real tracks for me, so I won't have expectation about that. GT5 on the other hand is all about the details of recreating real cars, that all round attention to detail (although still questionable in the physics department), having a car almost purely fictional serves no purpose for me in this particular game, the same goes to the Citreon GT, which is merely a stlying exercise and not properly dialed in in terms of engineering, driving these cars with made up performance does not really add to my experience.

That makes it entirely two different product, I buy LFS for the physics and online racing, but I buy GT5 for the real cars and immersion.

The same theory of me buying a Wii for casual party play and a PS3 for HD gaming, I can enjoy two different product which serve different purposes, it does not make me an hypocrite.

This is nothing new tbh, go to any 3D modelling forum and look at the gallery, plenty of futuristic formula car to look at, it just doesn't excite me, especially when its performance is mostly made up. I don't believe Adrian Newey will personally model it and tested it in CFD for accurate performance.....he probably just drew a sketch on ideas he could implement and someone took that job of modelling it.

I don't see anyway you can say I'm wrong about not being excited, that's my personal gut feeling.
Quote from MijnWraak :So they made an imaginary car in a videogame that beats the lap record for an F1 car in a videogame... big whoop? Am I the only one who doesnt give two shits?

I completely agree with you.
I would like to try it for sure but do I really give a shit?, no I don't.
You know why they do it? E-penis.
This car, I swear on the petrol gods themselves, will be the most hotly contested hotlap vehicle in the game. There's a lot of people out there who want to hold the WR for no reason other than to have their name instead of someone else's.

So by adding the car, and making it - presumably - totally overpowered and unbalanced - they immediately appeal to those people because they don't need to work through the other cars to find the fastest.

Personally I couldn't give a rats ass. I'd much rather lose a good close race than win as if I was the only one on the track. And as I've said before in LFS and Forza threads, I must prefer racing the slower cars anyway.
It's interesting, a bit of a talking point. Of course it's fictitious, and other people have designed no-rules F1 cars before, but when have you known or seen something like this come from an actual F1 team? (Regardless of the extent of Newey's involvement, his name is on it, so he must have at least signed it off, purely to avoid potential embarrassment- he might even have been paid to do it!).

Not going to be something I'm keen to "drive" or race online with, though.
Potential frame rate issues?

Quote :Speaking to the new issue of PSM3 magazine in a must-read 10-page GT5 feature, Yamauchi said that frame-rate was a "major issue for us in GT5".

Everything that has happened with GT5 so far, points to the fact that the game that the dev team WANT to make is not only EXTREMELY time consuming, but also, technologically to advanced for current hardware.

I am all for pushing the envelope, but you've got to draw the line somewhere.

Its clear that when GT5 is released, it will be a pared down version of the dev teams original vision.
Quote from danowat :frame rate issues

It seemed to me aswell that there were frame rate issues from watching some of the more recent gameplay videos.

All this GT5 talk and the release delay made me play GT2 again by the way. Still good fun, racing modifications are still awesome!
Agreed, GT2 is still a great game, wish I still had my PS2
Quote from danowat :Potential frame rate issues?

Everything that has happened with GT5 so far, points to the fact that the game that the dev team WANT to make is not only EXTREMELY time consuming, but also, technologically to advanced for current hardware.

I am all for pushing the envelope, but you've got to draw the line somewhere.

Its clear that when GT5 is released, it will be a pared down version of the dev teams original vision.

This is good, i think gt5 gona be the first game that push to the limit the ps3 spec

GT5 killer?
Quote from danowat :Agreed, GT2 is still a great game, wish I still had my PS2

I know you don't like the idea mate, but i'll say it again... you can get a PS1/PS2 (PS1 is what i use to play GT2) for close to nothing on ebay.
To the Red Bull mobile!
If it beat the f1 record... It must be fast. Need to find a gameplay video asap

GT2 was a PS1 game, so if you have the CD's, you can use it on your PS3.
Quote from sinbad :It's interesting, a bit of a talking point. Of course it's fictitious, and other people have designed no-rules F1 cars before, but when have you known or seen something like this come from an actual F1 team? (Regardless of the extent of Newey's involvement, his name is on it, so he must have at least signed it off, purely to avoid potential embarrassment- he might even have been paid to do it!).

Not going to be something I'm keen to "drive" or race online with, though.

Looks like a Caparo to me with a few added extras. In terms of Newey's input it would be next to zero surely as he's working flat out on the RB6.

However I think it's nice sim developers are experimenting with design concepts. It's about time
Quote from dawesdust_12 :GT2 was a PS1 game, so if you have the CD's, you can use it on your PS3.

Wasn't the support for PS2 and/or PS1 games scrapped sometime short after the release of the European Version of the Playstation3?
PS2 games was to cut costs (They decided to put a PS2 inside the PS3), PS1 is old enough that they do it entirely in software.
Also, the "real" cars in GT5 are just as fantasy-based as this X1.
Quote from sinbad :It's interesting, a bit of a talking point. Of course it's fictitious, and other people have designed no-rules F1 cars before, but when have you known or seen something like this come from an actual F1 team?

A few years back (when montoya drives for williams and Ralf was half successful), F1 racing had an article doing exactly that, a Williams 6 wheeler ground effect formula 1 car.

backwards compatability ftw.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG