The online racing simulator
Quote from Tur8o :N!ghtm@re : i would like to apologise for a tap i gave matt i thought i was clear i either just wasnt or had some lag but thought i'd say sorry

ok no problem. Thx for the apology :-)
First of all THX to NDR organisers for the race last night, I think it was well organized, great job guys! (must have been stressful with the servers crashing on Saturday)

It was a bad show from us, been pretty busy lately and I saw the email that we had to race the test event Saturday afternoon (Personal note: I had promised to my wife a weekend without LFS lol ) which gave us very little time for training and setup, we had two sets for the race r2/r2 and r2/r3 and decided to play save, of course we forgot about the eventuality of safety car which was a drama for the r3's in the back. Aerox was complaining to have lost grip completely with no apparent damages to the car (F10), so he pitted (tires and fuel, no repair) to give the wheel over to Matty who was very surprised to get an undrivable car under braking, he missed a couples of corners and had to do an extra pit to repair damages, we think the spoiler was almost touching the ground which would explain the problem under braking and why aerox had lost the grip after the safety car...I took over for the last 30min, there was no point in pushing, so I just cruised till the safety car came out again and gave me a chance to gain a few places.

Anyway that's racing and we had fun , THX to everyone for a fair race!
Was a good race. Wish last minute things didnt come up for my other team members, though I thought senn did ok for his first GTR race .
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
IIRC my 1st driver Rui accidentally rear ended RSR in the pacelap, apologies
Quote from Tur8o :N!ghtm@re : i would like to apologise for a tap i gave matt i thought i was clear i either just wasnt or had some lag but thought i'd say sorry

not a problem. you realy just got me in the rear and kept pushing (like n nascar )i was able to save it with little time lost.
Quote from bmxtwins :iirc my 1st driver rui accidentally rear ended rsr in the pacelap, apologies

np
So I see after each race all problems will be hugged out? I sure hope so. The race was fun to watch and not too much drama for admins which is always nice to see. Looking forward to this season.
AS4R is one of the tracks i drive not that much and so really nothing was possible for me

starting as 2nd or 3rd best FXR (thanks to Lomp for this good qualy laptime) and overtaken by the whole field in the first 20 minutes was so much frustrating, but also animated me to push like hell and make the best out of the situation. good there was some safety car coming out, but it showed me that i dont have the speed to claim some better positions, because i hadnt had the pace as all the other racers in front of me.

the setup wasnt good enough, Lomp made it for the team, thinking R4/R3 will heaten up within some laps, but until the end they were cool, you could have hold a beer on it, it will freeze .... so i changed the pressure during the race and hoped it will be better for Lomp then, when we did a changeover after 1 hour. The taking over procedure was easy (never did that before) but just in the moment i drove into pits and my team manager dave told me to watch out for the limiter and brake in time, i was 8 kmh to fast, forcing a DT penalty for Lomp, which i'm really sorry about.
Even after some setup changes, refueling and repair damage, it wasnt making the car faster, Lomp was also driving high 2:33's / 2:34's as i did
Lomp still had some good overtakings, respecting blue flags in time, so after all we did position 19, which isnt good enough we all know, but we made the best out of it.

All in common i have to say that this will be a great event if we are allowed to continue this one and will be accepted (wink to the admins ) there'll be better tracks for me where i believe i can drive into top 10 (which is my overall aim this event) we also have to keep in mind that this is an amateur league, having fun while racing, having good overtakings and nice fair battles, but always try to think about that there'll be more experienced drivers and even it is an amateur league many racers always will be 3-4 seconds faster

thanks to the admins and organisation team, this is going to be great !
I didn't participate, just watched, toooo busy to prepare, I even unlocked LFS at 19:30 (Qualification start time for me), computer reinstall after 2.5 years
Damn hard combo that is for me, don't like AS4 and AS in general, kind of F1 track it seems to me.

Was a good race to watch, but the second SC :smash3d:
After 2 protest we filed to be checked we also got a warning.

Quote :Car 07 - Warning for lack of spatial awareness.

So by being aware of the surroundings you get a warning aswell ?.

Asked mine driver what he thought during that moment,

Quote :OK well here are my thoughts in those few seconds between knowing what I wanted to do and having to figure out what I needed to do:

Two cars on left, both XRR's, traveling faster.
One FZR behind.
Need to slow to give XRR's the corner.
Uh, FZR coming fast, wtf he's going into grass.
Contact, pushed me in front of XRR, FZR not gonna make corner,better follow cuz no time to slow for chicane without killing XRR's.
Wtf FZR keeps goin.
Dirty tires, better move over so XRR's can go by.
Final thought: what a ..........

I really don't understand how me staying away from two cars then getting punted out of the way by another constitutes a lack of spacial awareness.
If anything I showed more awareness than anyone by not wrecking all 4 of us.
Makes me wonder.......
Now mind you that was all in a matter of a few seconds, and 77's stupidity could have destroyed 4 cars. But everyone came out unharmed.

So how is that a lack of spatial awareness?
Erm it wasn't you in the car, it was Kev. The rest of the post makes no sense, you might want to check the replay again to see that although 77 shouldn't have hit you on the way through, your car should've moved left to allow them through.
Quote from boothy :Erm it wasn't you in the car, it was Kev. The rest of the post makes no sense, you might want to check the replay again to see that although 77 shouldn't have hit you on the way through, your car should've moved left to allow them through.

So to clarify, you expect blue flag cars which are attempting to stay off the ideal racing line to move into the ideal racing line so as to not impede the progress of a car which was surely never going to make the turn, even though doing so would have impeded the progress of the two cars already on the ideal racing line?

I just want to be sure.....
Quote from boothy :Erm it wasn't you in the car, it was Kev. The rest of the post makes no sense, you might want to check the replay again to see that although 77 shouldn't have hit you on the way through, your car should've moved left to allow them through.

Mine post wasnt done yet needed to be altered.
Secondly, accordingly to the NDR sporting code and I quote :

Quote :4. Blue
a) Used to warn a driver that a faster car is approaching from behind. This flag is not restricted to cars a lap or more down, and may be used to signal to a higher classified car that a faster car is coming. When receiving a blue flag, do not make sudden maneuvers, and keep to a predictable line. Do not defend a properly presented overtaking maneuver.

So kevin stayed on right since on right 2 cars are already driving. He could not move to left side due to both cars. He couldnt stop since FZR from behind was coming. He did keep a predictable line and he didnt made any sudden movements with the car. At last he didnt defend any proper made overtaking maneuver.
-
(StableX) DELETED by dekojester : unrelated
-
(CSF) DELETED by dekojester : unrelated
Quote from z-ro 8 :So to clarify, you expect blue flag cars which are attempting to stay off the ideal racing line to move into the ideal racing line so as to not impede the progress of a car which was surely never going to make the turn, even though doing so would have impeded the progress of the two cars already on the ideal racing line?

I just want to be sure.....

Yes, the "ideal racing line" isn't the be all and end all of giving way under blue flag. By not giving 77 the inside, you essentially said to him, "squeeze between me and 70 to get to the ideal racing line" (where he would then have to slow and make the corner, hoping you don't plough into him). At 1:53 race time, where exactly should 77 have gone? (ok yes, he should've slowed a bit) Like in Niels Blue Flag quote, the predictable line would be to move to the left and not defend a manoeuvre to the inside. And surely the progress of the lapping car is more important than whether you would have impeded the other two, given those are for position? (bearing in mind that if you took to the inside, you'd have been slow and impeded the cars behind anyway)
Attached images
lfs_00000017.jpg
Fair enough. I see no need for an argument, I simply want to understand and follow the precedent you've set.
The way I see it, I would have had to slow even more to make the right hander, so the 77 could have easily passed me, and eventually the other two cars as they too were under blue flag.
Why anyone would attempt 4 wide entry into that succession of turns is beyond me.
Maybe my misunderstanding is the actual definition of my penalty. Spacial awareness?
Does it honestly look that way? If I had no spacial awareness I would have run the ideal racing line and left a horrific mess behind me.

And as far as Niels posting on the issue, he is team Rep,and will continue to do so, just as you Boothy are representing NDR.....
-
-
(CSF) DELETED by dekojester : unrelated
-
For the record:

Please, no one attempt to accuse anyone of attempting to "attempt to bring someone up to a level of immaturity" or similar. Nothing of the sort was seen before that point was brought up.

Keep discussions civil.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG