The online racing simulator
I ve just received an email that our team HAS to attend the test race...
Do I understand it right that not all of the members have to compete in the test race? because I would love to come but now I am two days after surgery not able to race for about another week or so...

and can a team have individual drivers or do they have to make an exchange during the race (one team = one car)?
Quote from bavorak :I ve just received an email that our team HAS to attend the test race...

No. You're quite free to not attend. You'll probably not get a slot in the actual series

Quote :
Do I understand it right that not all of the members have to compete in the test race? because I would love to come but now I am two days after surgery not able to race for about another week or so...

That's what d said a few posts above...
Quote :
and can a team have individual drivers or do they have to make an exchange during the race (one team = one car)?

Well taking into account in the actual rules it says one driver can only drive 75% of the race distance you could deduce a team has to car pool. Plus, there's over 40 teams in the list currently. Everyone wouldn't fit in one server if every driver had their own car.
Quote from hyntty :No. You're quite free to not attend. You'll probably not get a slot in the actual series

well of course I meant if we have to attend if we want to get on grid this year

Quote from hyntty :
Well taking into account in the actual rules it says one driver can only drive 75% of the race distance you could deduce a team has to car pool. Plus, there's over 40 teams in the list currently. Everyone wouldn't fit in one server if every driver had their own car.

I have understood this test race to be mainly for the teams who want to get there but havent yet. So I ve thought that if every teammember has its own car they can show more of their skills...
if a team has 5 members and only one car available...it is quite stupid for them to exchange driver 4 times...that doesnt even show consistency ... 20minutes on track is like sprint race...and if only two of them would be driving - that on the other hand doesnt show skills of all of them...not even majority of them
About confirmations...

Just give the names of all team members? Some are giving six names or something, I don't believe they all participate in a two hour race?
Quote from cargame.nl :About confirmations...

Just give the names of all team members? Some are giving six names or something, I don't believe they all participate in a two hour race?

Hmm, didn't see more than 4 so far.

Obviously they are putting a few "just in case", or probably they just don't know who's going to drive yet.
Quote from cargame.nl :About confirmations...

You need to supply who may be racing in the race (ie who you have on your group for the race) - as long as you confirm no more than the maximum allowable for that round, as stated in the rules.

Also, the 75% rule will not be in effect in this test race. However, we do prefer you do run 2 or more drivers.
Deko, IRC required for test race?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Deko, IRC required for test race?

If the rules are enforced, which they would be in an official event, I guess yes.
There's no point in having more than 1 swap guys, 2 drivers would suit fine for this race.

but of course we can give out 4 drivers in our rosters just for last minute changes and help the administration setting the tracker with the 4 license names.... Im sure we will be 2 out there so no point to include 5 drivers
Quote from Koa128 :There's no point in having more than 1 swap guys, 2 drivers would suit fine for this race.

True, but for those who aren't familiar, the main point is for new teams to show the administration that their drivers can and will be able to meet the required criteria for which this race is based.
So if you are not sure you will get in, you need to do everything you can to show your abilities, not just finish well.
A team with an unsecured spot that does two or three driver changes and finishes in the back, but raced clean and had no incidents under SC could very well bump a team that finishes well, does one or no driver change, and cannot follow SC procedure.
This is a TEST race, whereas the test is a team's "raceability".........
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by hyntty : :|
-
(CSF) DELETED by hyntty : :|
-
(Hahmo) DELETED by hyntty : :|
-
-
-
-
(PMD9409) DELETED by hyntty : :|
-
-
(PMD9409) DELETED by hyntty : :|
-
(hyntty) DELETED by hyntty : :|
-
(Seb66) DELETED by hyntty : :|
-
-
Apologies if I wasn't clear earlier: I have no interest in reading how little someone practised for as4r with the xrr and poles all over the track layout and whatnot. It hasn't got anything to do with the test race and secondly if you have a complaint it's no use doing it here, that's what the magic e-pidgeon is for.

:|
And continuing from the previous post, I saw the posts that got deleted - do not take the fact that a team confirms a driver as that driver being allowed to race.

It will reflect negatively on the team if they confirm a driver not cleared (if it was posted after a communication was sent), and even worse if they race that driver - it shows us that the team does not pay attention to all contents of messages sent out by us.

It is our job to communicate it to you, but it is your job to follow what we communicate to you.
meh pearcy just banned me from server
Quote from Bmxtwins :meh pearcy just banned me from server

Well since he isn't an admin on the server, it was a voteban, therefore more than just him thought you should be banned. See you after the 12 hours.
Is there a particular format for setting the drivers names ie: which colors should be used and the way it should be written ? sorry to ask but i can't seem to find anything about it .

Thx
Quote from PMD9409 :Well since he isn't an admin on the server, it was a voteban, therefore more than just him thought you should be banned. See you after the 12 hours.

nah it was one of those ones where everyone spams 1... i think pearcy started vote kicks on like 6people
if a driver participates in qualification, does he/she have to do at least a lap in following race?
(honestly I ve read the rules only once so I could have missed this one)
Quote from bavorak :if a driver participates in qualification, does he/she have to do at least a lap in following race?
(honestly i ve read the rules only once so i could have missed this one)

Section VII, part 4.
Quote :the driver who is credited in the official qualifying results with the fastest lap for that team
must drive at least one complete lap of the race, not including an out lap or an in lap.
Failure to have the qualifying driver complete this will result in a one-lap penalty to the
team's race result.

Just by looking at the remote at this moment, there are many drivers on the list I've seen regularly competing in MoE / IGTC or whatever.

Having heard of this as an entry league and "practice" league I wonder whether there are any teams that do not get a spot due to "good and established" drivers taking their spots.

Secondly, the test race is a decider if a team can be accepted to GTAL, why are there guest teams competing rather than have most of the signed up teams race to evaluate them? Also, now that some of the good and established drivers drive, how will you evaluate the rest of the drivers then.

Please don't take this as a hateful or whatever post, I'd just like to have my questions answered
#71 - CSF
Quote from Commander :Just by looking at the remote at this moment, there are many drivers on the list I've seen regularly competing in MoE / IGTC or whatever.

Having heard of this as an entry league and "practice" league I wonder whether there are any teams that do not get a spot due to "good and established" drivers taking their spots.

Secondly, the test race is a decider if a team can be accepted to GTAL, why are there guest teams competing rather than have most of the signed up teams race to evaluate them? Also, now that some of the good and established drivers drive, how will you evaluate the rest of the drivers then.

Please don't take this as a hateful or whatever post, I'd just like to have my questions answered

Point 1: Yes you will of course get some cross over drivers, however pretty much all the said drivers are ones who have not any results of note in said leagues. We evaluate every driver that has competed in IGTC/MoE based on their performances and whether they are suitable for GTAL this season. We have already rejected numerous drivers from competing in GTAL this season based on their performances in MoE/IGTC.

Point 2: We had 21 new/not established teams that are competing for a place in GTAL today. There are 7 teams who are already guaranteed entry into GTAL also competing and one guest team. Having a fuller grid is better for us to evaluate the new teams against the older ones and their capabilities of listening to us and driving standards on track.

If there were enough teams to have a full grid today we would not have allowed the guest teams/teams from last season to compete today.

Hope this answered your queries.
Quote from Bmxtwins :nah it was one of those ones where everyone spams 1... i think pearcy started vote kicks on like 6people

Well that's a lie, why don't you watch a replay before accusing me of things? If you stopped mouthing off at me when i join the server we wouldn't have a problem.
Goc top FXR at the moment. David put in a fantastic performance.
#74 - CSF
<3 David Jundt today.
Really? Oh, thanks

I must say, it was a very exciting and enjoyable stint I had.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG