The online racing simulator
Round 0a: Test Race Discussion
So the official Test Race prior to the start of season.

A list of teams required to attend will be published around Oct 7th or so.

Test Race Information:

Date: 10 October 2010
Time: Qualifying from 17:30 UTC, 20 minute hardcore qualifying (IGTC style, not GTAL style for this race).
Race from 18:00 (ish) UTC, 2 hour race.

Circuit: Aston Historic Reversed (AS4R)
Start Type: Rolling (per GTAL regulations)

Safety Cars will be in use. If no natural cause for a Safety Car occurs before the one hour mark, a Safety Car will be called at a random time during the last hour.

Confirmations Thread

Notes for cofirming teams:

Teams have priority for entry in this order:
  1. Teams Required to run the Test Race
  2. Teams invited to run the Test Race
  3. Teams Accepted but not required to run the test race.
Here is what we will be looking for in the test race, in determing acceptance. Please note: This list is NOT comprehensive, nor is it exhaustive. More factors may be considered that what is listed here.

We will look at:

* Team's ability to follow pre-race procedures
* Team's performance in the test race itself
* Ability to follow in-race and post-race procedures

We will also take into account prior participation in the series, as well as number of drivers used. Simply using one driver is not grounds for dismissal of an individual spot, but showing us more of your drivers can help your case.

What will NOT matter will be your finishing position in the race. We will have no qualms about giving a full time spot to a team that finishes 15th over a team that finishes 2nd, for instance. We are looking for your ability to follow series regulations, and perform and behave to what we expect a GTAL team to perform at.
#2 - Hahmo
Gt2/gt9?
Quote from Hahmo :Gt2/gt9?

Official restrictions will be decided in the next 48 hours.
And also, if you're a new team to the series, plan on having to attend the test race.
Quote from dekojester : If no natural cause for a Safety Car occurs before the one hour mark, a Safety Car will be called at a random time during the last hour.

is there any racional reason for that or are you just planning to piss off those people who build up a decent lead? I hate SCs and forced SC is just the most stupid idea... in real races everyone is happy when there is no need to have SC...not considering cases when racers want it because they screw up sooner in the race and it is the best way to catch up with the rest
btw: I am a member of new team but unfortunatelly I ll be in hospital in that time...I can bring you letter of apology
Presume a driver swap will be mandatory for the test race?
LLM will be there
Quote from bavorak :is there any racional reason for that or are you just planning to piss off those people who build up a decent lead? I hate SCs and forced SC is just the most stupid idea... in real races everyone is happy when there is no need to have SC...not considering cases when racers want it because they screw up sooner in the race and it is the best way to catch up with the rest
btw: I am a member of new team but unfortunatelly I ll be in hospital in that time...I can bring you letter of apology

The forced SC is for the test race, so we can test how people will respond and behave under SC. It serves to acclimatize newcomers to the series' procedures.
Quote from bavorak :is there any racional reason for that or are you just planning to piss off those people who build up a decent lead? I hate SCs and forced SC is just the most stupid idea... in real races everyone is happy when there is no need to have SC...not considering cases when racers want it because they screw up sooner in the race and it is the best way to catch up with the rest

It's a test race, obviously the admins want to test the team's abilities to do SC properly etc etc. No reason to make a pointless post like that.
Quote from dekojester :The forced SC is for the test race, so we can test how people will respond and behave under SC. It serves to acclimatize newcomers to the series' procedures.

oh okey...I have understood it as a rule in every race during GTAL season
#11 - CSF
Quote from bavorak :oh okey...I have understood it as a rule in every race during GTAL season

Deko might be American and his mum might be his sister, but he's not that stupid.
-
(boothy) DELETED by dekojester
Quote from CSF :Deko might be American and his mum might be his sister, but he's not that stupid.

:ices_rofl
Where are the rules for GTAL? Is it the same as CRC? And what are the differences? +SC

Will it be possible to participate in the test race even if the team is not choosen/required for it?

Thx
#14 - CSF
#16 - CSF
Read both.
Quote from dekojester :And also, if you're a new team to the series, plan on having to attend the test race.

We [or at least I] can't be there.

EDIT: Spazz can probably do it on his own - if you need the reason why [if we're asked to do it!] then send me a PM/e-mail
XRR GT2 on this track is fast, if will be new restrictions, the fight will be rough at all. In the previous season everything was fine, no need to reinvent anything new.
Quote from MuderGO[LT] :XRR GT2 on this track is fast, if will be new restrictions, the fight will be rough at all. In the previous season everything was fine, no need to reinvent anything new.

I can't see it running R2/R2 in a race, so it probably won't be that fast.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :I can't see it running R2/R2 in a race, so it probably won't be that fast.

Anyway, I still am against for the new restrictions..
Quote from MuderGO[LT] :Anyway, I still am against for the new restrictions..

Why? because the instead of the FZR raping ass, the xrr seems a little bit quicker now? Whats wrong with that? If you dont mind me asking
Quote from Seb66 :Why? because the instead of the FZR raping ass, the xrr seems a little bit quicker now? Whats wrong with that? If you dont mind me asking

Because everything was fine with old restrictions. I do not like changes when it is not necessary.
Seb,he's only saying his opinion,this is what forums are created for and this thread (Well not THIS one but kinda related )
Well, ofc, it's his opinion, and he's entitled to one, just not really a useful opinion if the only contribution is: "nothing wrong with old restrictions" or "still prefer old restrictions".

Also, I didn't see him testing the new restrictions or contributing at any point. :/
He did the GT9 test race last weekend.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG