The online racing simulator
Let me get this straight: Red Bull technologies sell cars to both RBR and STR, and now they also sell the gearbox and hydraulics to Lotus?
Quote from hyntty :Let me get this straight: Red Bull technologies sell cars to both RBR and STR, and now they also sell the gearbox and hydraulics to Lotus?

They should be shot!
Quote from 5haz :£130 of TV license or watch British commercial TV, which consists of X-factor, Jeremy Kyle, the GoCompare man, Sky News or a talking Meerkat?

I'll take the license fee thanks, and yes I am paying for one. If you enjoy putting up with shit quality sensationalist TV and repeating annoying adverts every 10 minutes thats fine byl.

+100%

IMO the license fee is worth not having to put up with advertising breaks a million times over. I'll gladly pay, just for that reason alone. Add to it that there is very little in the way of quality programming on the independent channels, (CH4 apart maybe), and it's a no brainer. Where are the comparisons with the likes of Horizon, Question Time, Newsnight, Panorama and a variety of other factual programming that doesn't exist on the independent channels, to say nothing of the uninterrupted films and coverage of such sporting events as F1, MotoGP, World Cup, Rugby Six nations etc.

On the independent channels you get 45 mins programming out of every hour. 25% advertising time is the price you pay for the "free" programming. Not a price worth paying IMHO.
Quote from gezmoor :+100%

IMO the license fee is worth not having to put up with advertising breaks a million times over. I'll gladly pay, just for that reason alone. Add to it that there is very little in the way of quality programming on the independent channels, (CH4 apart maybe), and it's a no brainer. Where are the comparisons with the likes of Horizon, Question Time, Newsnight, Panorama and a variety of other factual programming that doesn't exist on the independent channels, to say nothing of the uninterrupted films and coverage of such sporting events as F1, MotoGP, World Cup, Rugby Six nations etc.

On the independent channels you get 45 mins programming out of every hour. 25% advertising time is the price you pay for the "free" programming. Not a price worth paying IMHO.

See there's the crucial point - you would be happy to pay. You have not explained, or even justified, why other people should pay who are not happy to do so. Why should those who are the poorest in society subsidise your tv viewing needs?

I don't care what you like about the BBC, and nor should I. yet, for me to enjoy and consume independent and private output I have to subsidise you. That is morally corrupt. And to add to the the BBC demonstrates a clear political bias which is one big kick in the face to anyone who objects to this institution.

The BBC could dramatically cut it's size (even the hardest leftists agree its bloated), and then offer a subscription service. Guys like you who enjoy it's output can pay for that pleasure, while those who wish to not consume what the BBC produces can go watch and pay for something else.
Quote from Intrepid :See there's the crucial point - you would be happy to pay. You have not explained, or even justified, why other people should pay who are not happy to do so. Why should those who are the poorest in society subsidise your tv viewing needs?

I don't care what you like about the BBC, and nor should I. yet, for me to enjoy and consume independent and private output I have to subsidise you. That is morally corrupt. And to add to the the BBC demonstrates a clear political bias which is one big kick in the face to anyone who objects to this institution.

The BBC could dramatically cut it's size (even the hardest leftists agree its bloated), and then offer a subscription service. Guys like you who enjoy it's output can pay for that pleasure, while those who wish to not consume what the BBC produces can go watch and pay for something else.

Irony - Intrepid's avatar is a BBC copyrighted image.

Just imagine that your paying £150 to use your The Day Today picture on here.
Quote from Intrepid :See there's the crucial point - you would be happy to pay. You have not explained, or even justified, why other people should pay who are not happy to do so. Why should those who are the poorest in society subsidise your tv viewing needs?

I have no obligation to you or anyone else to do any such thing. Same goes for the rest of your post below. If you have an issue with the state of affairs of public broadcasting in the UK, then you do something about it. Start up a campaign, get signatures or something.. or do nothing... It's no skin off my nose. You clearly feel strongly about the issue. I, (like many others here), don't, so there really is no point continuing to attempt to drive your point home to us on this forum. If for no other reason than that to the best of my knowledge none of us have the influence or connections to make the changes you want. I suggest you petition your MP about it, unless, that is, you enjoy just blowing off steam on a forum that no-one really cares about.

Quote :I don't care what you like about the BBC, and nor should I. yet, for me to enjoy and consume independent and private output I have to subsidise you. That is morally corrupt. And to add to the the BBC demonstrates a clear political bias which is one big kick in the face to anyone who objects to this institution.

Quote from Storm_Cloud :Irony - Intrepid's avatar is a BBC copyrighted image.

Just imagine that your paying £150 to use your The Day Today picture on here.

Don't get me started on Copyright and Intellectual Property lol
Quote from gezmoor :I have no obligation to you or anyone else to do any such thing. Same goes for the rest of your post below. If you have an issue with the state of affairs of public broadcastinig in the UK, then you do something about it. Start up a campaign, get signatures or something.. or do nothing... It's no skin off my nose. You clearly feel strongly about the issue. I, (like many others here), don't, so there really is no point continuing to attempt to drive your point home to us on this forum. If for no other reason that to the best of my knowledge none of us have the influence or connections to make the changes you want. I suggest you petition your MP about it, unless, that is, you enjoy just blowing off steam on a forum that no-one really cares about.

The more people exposed to a viewpoint the better. Whether it's by a petition or on a sim forum. Either way, some on this forum, have started to come around to this viewpoint.

There's a FB group with over half a million members for the scrappage of the licence - http://www.facebook.com/group. ... 8406901260&ref=search - , but when the biggest force in British media is the BBC itself, it's hardly going to publish that are they? And even when they do it gets swept under the carpet straight away. I love this piece http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-10815162 The media correspondent giving a lovely impartial opinion there.... not lol

anyway.... back to F1 plleeasseee. I've had enough now .... promise!
Quote from Intrepid :The more people exposed to a viewpoint the better. Whether it's by a petition or on a sim forum. Either way, some on this forum, have started to come around to this viewpoint.

In general, as a principle I'd agree. However, it may well be worth you considering your audience a little more carefully. I'd be willing to bet that the majority of readers of this forum, (if not it's actual contributors), are probably still living at home with mum & dad and aren't even required to pay the license, (assuming they even live in the UK). Just a thought.

Quote :
There's a FB group with over half a million members for the scrappage of the licence - http://www.facebook.com/group. ... 8406901260&ref=search

Facebook?. I deleted my account long ago. Even if I was of a mind to join such a campaign, Facebook is the last medium I would use do do so.

F1? what's that?

Bernie is an idiot. I think he's just trying to leave some lasting legacy on F1. As if he hasn't done enough to have acheived that already!!

This is the most interesting WDC in years IMO.
I rarely watch non-BBC channels or non-BBC radio because of the shitty programmes, annoying adverts and moronic presenters (although the BBC is not immune to the latter by any means). On channel 4 gets close to being decent, but has to spoil it with adverts.

I'm all for scrapping the licence fee, but only if the TV companies can gain revenue by not ruining programmes with adverts, or by just pumping out Xfactor type crap. Without the BBC there would be no factual programs at all (other than the Channel 5 ones that are usually wrong).
Quote from chanoman315 :lol, my LFS Team has the Telmex sponsorhip and they don't give us the millions

Wow, it's an official deal then? Didn't think it was, nice stuff anyway. How it came up?
thank god for hd recorders xD

fast forward thru those feckin ads xD
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Wow, it's an official deal then? Didn't think it was, nice stuff anyway. How it came up?

Our league is sposored by them, (TELMEX) and the manager of the league is my team boss. I really dont know how he came with the deal.
You can see that in IGTC (iirc) and in other events the team is Telmex VTR
Quote from chanoman315 :
You can see that in IGTC (iirc) and in other events the team is Telmex VTR

Indeed, and FTR they withdrew after round 1 this year and were the only ones to have negative points in the championship standings
I didnt race
contract signed until 2020

2014, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 2020 = 7 yrs

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG