The online racing simulator
only if the engines hold
Its going to be tough For Alonso considering that Webber has a considerable engine advantage on all the top 5 contenders, as he didn't use a new engine for Monza.

I guess we will have to wait and see.
Suspect Williams will want to enter some kind of Partnership. Nice turbo coming I suspect/hope.
Kamui Kobayashi: Accidental Hero

Nice interview.

He wanted to be a comedian, but wasn't funny enough! His father runs a sushi shop, but he hates raw fish! His parents don't own a road car.

QUITE different from the background of the average F1 driver.
He is awesome. I like the drivers who accidentally made it to F1. Like Tiago Monteiro who only started racing when he was 20. Not the Hamiltons who were pretty much bred to race in F1!
Quote from Intrepid :

F1 without ads (though F1 is pretty much a 2 hour billboard procession anyway) is not a price to pay for having a public funded broadcasting company that is clearly holds a political agenda. If the current set of BBC strikes that coincidently fall exactly at the time of the Tory conference (while Labour has had wall to wall coverage) is not a clear sign of institutional bias I do not know what is. This coming after Mark Thompson admitted a massive left-wing bias as well. And the less said on their climate change reporting the better.

But yes, some of what the BBC do is fantastic, but I would like the choice to pay for those services if I so wish. I would happily subscribe to some of the BBC's services. If the BBC was sold off it's not as if all their genuinely talented staff would disappear into the abyss. Quality programmes will still be made.

I read the Auntie bashing with interest. And I do see the points for slamming the beeb.

BUT.

The conservative conference may not be getting much coverage because, as it happens, the Tory's are in bed with the Murdocks. Major Conservative sponsers, major deal going on to try and dismiss the Licence and make it a pay for view. This was alll reported in Non Newscorp news outlets during the election. I really really don't want the Beeb to go. A Hundred an thirty quid for the beeb. Bargain. Slam on another 70, make it a cool 200. I'd still pay it. The fact that the beeb does have the licence fee means it has greater editorial freedom than any commercial station could ever have. You say that it had a political bias over the labour conference. Fox didn't even register that Barack Obama exsisted. You take away the freedom that the BBC possesses and what ar eyou left with? Sky. Thats what. Who owns Sky. Murdock thats who. Who owns the Times, the sun, the Mirror, the News of the World. The Financial times, the Wall street Jornal, The Dow Jones index, Myspace, The national Rugby league, HarperCollins, The Chinese broadcasting network, the global Hebrew leaders? Oh, thats Murdock as well. The amount of pies he has his fingers in is endless, not to mention political connections. Including the notion that he 'owns' a senator. If you want political bias, look no further than that insidious Ozzie.

Personally, considering the alternatives, I'll stick with the beeb.

Look at the list of great comedy that came from the bbc. And still do. Drama, sport, current affairs. Radio content, internet content, childrens tv(this is the big one, I don't want my kid to be advertised too all bloody day). All without commercial and (hypothetically) editorial bias.

God bless the Queen, God bless auntie.

Correction - Sky is fighting BskyB's majority stakeholder bid. My bad. Sorry
Quote from Funnybear :I read the Auntie bashing with interest. And I do see the points for slamming the beeb.

BUT.

The conservative conference may not be getting much coverage because, as it happens, the Tory's are in bed with the Murdocks. Major Conservative sponsers, major deal going on to try and dismiss the Licence and make it a pay for view. This was alll reported in Non Newscorp news outlets during the election. I really really don't want the Beeb to go. A Hundred an thirty quid for the beeb. Bargain. Slam on another 70, make it a cool 200. I'd still pay it. The fact that the beeb does have the licence fee means it has greater editorial freedom than any commercial station could ever have. You say that it had a political bias over the labour conference. Fox didn't even register that Barack Obama exsisted. You take away the freedom that the BBC possesses and what ar eyou left with? Sky. Thats what. Who owns Sky. Murdock thats who. Who owns the Times, the sun, the Mirror, the News of the World. The Financial times, the Wall street Jornal, The Dow Jones index, Myspace, The national Rugby league, HarperCollins, The Chinese broadcasting network, the global Hebrew leaders? Oh, thats Murdock as well. The amount of pies he has his fingers in is endless, not to mention political connections. Including the notion that he 'owns' a senator. If you want political bias, look no further than that insidious Ozzie.

Personally, considering the alternatives, I'll stick with the beeb.

Look at the list of great comedy that came from the bbc. And still do. Drama, sport, current affairs. Radio content, internet content, childrens tv(this is the big one, I don't want my kid to be advertised too all bloody day). All without commercial and (hypothetically) editorial bias.

God bless the Queen, God bless auntie.

Correction - Sky is fighting BskyB's majority stakeholder bid. My bad. Sorry

I lol at Uk paying for a Governemnt backed TV monopoly.
Sergio Perez for Sauber wheel

I hope the old man knows what he is doing, must suck to be Heidfeld now.
Quote from BurnOut69 :Sergio Hernandez for Sauber wheel

I hope the old man knows what he is doing, must suck to be Heidfeld now.

Judging by what Heidfeld's been saying hes been looking at other teams, most likely Renault and Force india.

Plus this Perez guy is bringing in Alot of money.
Yeah.

a) He was super quick in GP2. Not surprised he got a ride at all.
b) He brings Telmex sponsorship. Hard to turn that down when your cars have been plain white all season.
Sergio Perez is very good and well worth a try, especially if he's bringing a wheelbarrow of cash with him.
Considering he holds the Record for most British F3 victories in a season(14) he must have some untapped raw talent.
Peter Sauber knows whos hot and who isn't, i mean the last 3 drivers he brought to F1 were Heidfeld, Raikkonen and Massa.
i'd like to see perez in F1, don't know why but i just like him
Perez was the man of this GP2 season IMO, got rather unlucky in the first rounds but he didn't give up and eventually scored several wins and good points towards the champ. His 3 victories in sprint race show that he knows how to overtake too(and he got all of them from 2nd/3rd row IIRC, none was lights to flag).

Sure, Telmex's money helped a lot but that's still well deserved. I wonder where Heidfeld will go now though.
lol, my LFS Team has the Telmex sponsorhip and they don't give us the millions

Anyways, It is very good to see 2 mexicans that will race in this upcoming season.
Quote from chanoman315 :lol, my LFS Team has the Telmex sponsorhip and they don't give us the millions

Anyways, It is very good to see 2 mexicans that will race in this upcoming season.

Who's the other?
Ah, nice.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Perez was the man of this GP2 season IMO, got rather unlucky in the first rounds but he didn't give up and eventually scored several wins and good points towards the champ. His 3 victories in sprint race show that he knows how to overtake too(and he got all of them from 2nd/3rd row IIRC, none was lights to flag).

Sure, Telmex's money helped a lot but that's still well deserved. I wonder where Heidfeld will go now though.

Perhaps Heidfield will be back to Mercedes again~?
Quote from Mustafur :Peter Sauber knows whos hot and who isn't, i mean the last 3 drivers he brought to F1 were Heidfeld, Raikkonen and Massa.

And it'll obviously help if the driver he signs can also bring along some "decoration" for their white cars...
He can't afford another year with no sponsor, but I believes that Mexican guy is talented enough for Peter Sauber to take notice....

And Massa probably wasn't exactly brought to F1 by Peter Sauber through. He's managed by Nicolas Todt, and Jean Todt is a pretty good friend of Peter Sauber...

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG