The online racing simulator
Quote from raftor :I noticed that laps remaining (fuel panel) is not correctly calculated in v1.3.6 and it was ok in v1.3.5. It's only my aonio?? There are some cars without shift-up warning. It would be nice to add a configurable warning for each rpm/gear.

The fuel calculations seem to be working OK for me. In what way it shows wrong numbers to you? Only for one combo or for every one?

I'll try to base the shift-up indication on current engine rotations, but I'm not sure it will be a workable principle.
I've tested it, and it fails on as2+xrt.
F12 says 1%fuel /lap 8.7% remaining
but aonio says 8.7% fuel remaining but 24.1 laps...

The number of laps remaining goes down2-3 times faster (2-3 laps per lap done).

It seems that the initial consumation estimation is not right...

In other combos it seems to work ok.

raftor
Quote from EQ Worry :
I'll try to base the shift-up indication on current engine rotations, but I'm not sure it will be a workable principle.

This approach may be necessary only with some cars (xfg, xrt, etc)
I was thinking in something like
ShiftUpWarning=XRT>7100>7000>6900>6800
so the warning can be activated sooking at current gear and current rpm.

Thanks in advance
raftor
Quote from raftor :I've tested it, and it fails on as2+xrt.

I see. Didn't you experiment with some AIs on track recently? If I remember correctly, the previous version could then store fuel consumption in a very wrong fashion. Maybe you had three AI cars on track, in that case one lap consumption would be seen as sufficient for three laps. I'm not quite sure now, but I think I corrected the behavior in 1.3.6.

Anyway, somehow wrong consumption values went into Aonio stats. Close down the application. Open Aonio.sta.txt. Find the AS2, XRT line. See the next two numbers - first one is laps finished, second one is total fuel consumption in percents * 100. Change these two numbers maybe to 1 and 100 (meaning for 1 lap 1% of fuel was consumed). Save, run Aonio.

Quote from raftor :This approach may be necessary only with some cars (xfg, xrt, etc) ... I was thinking in something like ... ShiftUpWarning=XRT>7100>7000>6900>6800

Yes, only for cars without shift-up indication. But is it necessary to base the indication on rotations AND gear? Maybe just engine rotations?
Quote from EQ Worry :I see. Didn't you experiment with some AIs on track recently? If I remember correctly, the previous version could then store fuel consumption in a very wrong fashion. Maybe you had three AI cars on track, in that case one lap consumption would be seen as sufficient for three laps. I'm not quite sure now, but I think I corrected the behavior in 1.3.6.

Anyway, somehow wrong consumption values went into Aonio stats. Close down the application. Open Aonio.sta.txt. Find the AS2, XRT line. See the next two numbers - first one is laps finished, second one is total fuel consumption in percents * 100. Change these two numbers maybe to 1 and 100 (meaning for 1 lap 1% of fuel was consumed). Save, run Aonio.

Yes, only for cars without shift-up indication. But is it necessary to base the indication on rotations AND gear? Maybe just engine rotations?

You are right. I've made some experiences with AIs...
I'm going to replace the aonio.sta.txt line.
But it seems that something is messed up with AI cars...

wrt the shift-up indicator.. yes. I think it must depend on gear and rpm. The S-U point depends on gears relations. Normally S-U from 1st to 2nd gear is higher than for 4th to 5th gear. It depends on the setup. But if it's configurable in aonio.cfg.txt it's enough.

Thanks again!!
raftor
I get a TCP error.
i have dotnetFX4.0 installed.
is it because im running it on a non-admin account?
On the teamspeak side tho,

i bet you did checked it out but ts3 have plugins option which for example by default have some for people with G15 kb LCD display, test plugin, client query which allows telnet connection.

Think it would be better making something that would connect to ts it self other than connecting to the server issuing latency and bandwidth. Just my 5c,
keep the pace up with aonio - awhum for endurance knobs like me xD
Quote from raftor :wrt the shift-up indicator.. yes. I think it must depend on gear and rpm. The S-U point depends on gears relations. Normally S-U from 1st to 2nd gear is higher than for 4th to 5th gear. It depends on the setup. But if it's configurable in aonio.cfg.txt it's enough.

So I did some experiments with a basic setting, simple RPM to send a beep, not dependent on current gear. I think it works quite OK. As you say, the beep depends on setup, and you have different setups for different tracks, so doing anything too complicated could be rather prohibitive. Soon I'll release Aonio with settable gear switch beep per car type. Then we'll see whether it is sufficient for info/warning.

Quote from chevyhotrod56 :I get a TCP error. is it because im running it on a non-admin account?

TCP error means something does not fit. Maybe the InSim port is not initialized in your client LFS, or maybe you have password specified in your LFS configuration and it does not match. be sure to use /insim command and try to start multiplayer using your client and see if there's password defined. Then match the parameters in Aonio connection configuration.

Quote from ZanZi :On the teamspeak side tho, i bet you did checked it out but ts3 have plugins option which for example by default have some for people with G15 kb LCD display, test plugin, client query which allows telnet connection. Think it would be better making something that would connect to ts it self other than connecting to the server issuing latency and bandwidth.

Ah, it took me a while to understand, but now I see. You mean to connect Aonio to local TS3 client, not to TS3 server. Nice idea! In fact I did not check what options client add-ons offer, any research and help in this respect would be most welcome. Anybody knows if there is an add-on that would offer locally information about currently talking people, or possible other events as well? I think the ServerQuery port I've been experimenting with work only on server, which is a limiting factor, when talking events are not reported.
It seems ZanZi actually came with a very good point, connecting to local TS3 client instead of a remote TS3 server. Also it is obvious the TS3 developers actually listen to what the users ask for (quite unlike some other developers) – there is the new ClientQuery interface which notifies connected applications about people's talk status changes!

So, I think there's nothing now to prevent Aonio from having a very efficient (and hopefully reliable) TS3 support soon (:schwitz. I believe the requested feature was actually simple – show on LFS screen (using a button with configurable position) the nickname of the guy currently talking on TS3. No talk, no button. Someone talks, the button pops up. Is that right?
Quote from EQ Worry :Ah, it took me a while to understand, but now I see. You mean to connect Aonio to local TS3 client, not to TS3 server. Nice idea! In fact I did not check what options client add-ons offer, any research and help in this respect would be most welcome. Anybody knows if there is an add-on that would offer locally information about currently talking people, or possible other events as well? I think the ServerQuery port I've been experimenting with work only on server, which is a limiting factor, when talking events are not reported.

Quote from EQ Worry :
I believe the requested feature was actually simple – show on LFS screen (using a button with configurable position) the nickname of the guy currently talking on TS3. No talk, no button. Someone talks, the button pops up. Is that right?

#1 exactly what i mean tho, might not've explained it properly but couldnt find better way the given condition
#2 should be some tiny button tho

Cant wait to try it out tho.
You might run into a problem with only one button showing currently talking person. There are often times when more than one person keys up the mic and are all trying to talk at once. Just something to keep in mind when testing.
Ye, thx for the reminder. I'll see how many buttons there are remaining, so far unused by Aonio (uhm, not many, I guess), and then it could show either the last (or the only) talking person or all in the order they started to speak. But the 1st option is probably best, simpler. Also some delay would be good to have, I think, like having the last talker displayed for 2-3 more seconds or so after he stopped talking...
Quote from EQ Worry :I believe the requested feature was actually simple – show on LFS screen (using a button with configurable position) the nickname of the guy currently talking on TS3. No talk, no button. Someone talks, the button pops up. Is that right?

Aonio 1.4.0
Hi everybody, Aonio 1.4.0 is released. As the version number suggests, it contains a new panel (14th), very small one (just one button), but hopefully useful for some people. This panel may show the nickname of the guy currently speaking using TeamSpeak3. To make it work, you need to use TS3 client version 3.0.0 beta32 or newer (hopefully, assuming the existing and very new ClientQuery data and commands will not change). You also need to activate UseLocalTS3 and ShowTS3 in the CFG file, with position adjustment. Please check it out if you're using TS3, let me know what you like and what you don't.
Also new in 1.4.0 is the CarsShiftRPM item allowing simulation of shift up indication is cars that do not have this feature. Once engine rotations are higher than the set value, a sound is played, just like in cars with built-in shift up indication. The last new thing in this release, as required earlier, is an option to log into tab-separated Times.txt file own or all split and lap times. Check out the LogOwnTimes and LogAllTimes items in CFG file for details.
Excellent work
+1 But is it possible to reduce the time (about 5s) the name in the button stays life? I've went through the whole ts to find option for that but i couldnt find it maybe one can help?
The delay before deleting the name of the last speaker is intentional, I just though people will often need more time to check who was talking. Currently it is a fixed value, but I may add the delay as configurable, if you think it is really necessary. But please try it out in real use, while racing. Maybe you'll discover the delay is handy and pretty much optimal.
Aonio 1.4.1
This new version does not add any new panels, but allows configuration of the TS3 delay - the time for which the last TS3 speaker is displayed. But that is a minor thing. The more important update lies somewhere else.

For some time already I did not like Aonio's behavior during qualification/practice, because the (racing) field panel was simply empty, no data at all. Aonio 1.4.1 changes this and adds support for Q/P mode, at least in the field panel.

When qualification/practice is started, the field panel changes mode and shows currently known best laps of all connected people. During hotlapping, it shows differences to best splits of other people, gains or losses. Car types are also shown and your (or any viewed driver) current position (per car category) and advance through the qualification table as well.

I myself consider this a very useful addition, hopefully you'll be of similar opinion. There's currently just one unresolved issue, something is probably wrong in car takeover routine, making, as one report pointed out, all data disappear after takeover. I was not checking this myself, if you have any additional info, please forward it to me. Thanks and enjoy!
That seems awesome!!!!
Thanks!!!
Aonio 1.4.2
While experimenting with cameras in Aonio I stumbled over this old thread. It seemed a very interesting principle, so I implemented a version of this "real life" camera into Aonio. There's a new configuration option allowing to turn the smooth camera on/off. The feature includes leveling, corrections, and handling of extremes (car rolling/crashing), so if you're up for some new experience using in-car camera, try to activate it. I myself consider the results very interesting, I feel it simulates reality (head/body momentum and absorption) quite nicely.
Aonio 1.4.3
This slightly updated version represents an attempt to solve possible issue with smooth (leveling) in-car camera: The inability to look left and right, which is a LFS limitation. New config item is available allowing short look left/right while smooth camera is applied, using signal light keys. By default pressing '7' will look left for a while, pressing '8' will look right. (I believe wheel users can create binds sending these keys using wheel buttons.) The view will quickly return to default front and signal lights will be automatically turned off.
Hooo you shouldn't have reacted on my complains that fast, now I will think that you can do anything very fast...Now I've have raised my expectations lol

I have some time today, so I'll make sure to test it later....MERCI!

I think the smooth camera is adding some realism, good one!

Edit: just tested it and it works, very good compromise EQ!
Now let see if you can add a setting for how much degrees we want to turn the head of the driver...
Look angle configuration is now part of Aonio 1.4.3.
Incroyable!! you're great!
Hhmmm I don't get it to work.

SmoothInCarCamera=yes
LookUsingSignals=yes
LookAngle=60

7 and 8 are also 'normal'.

AONIO - Client-side LFS Tracer
(350 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG