The online racing simulator
From the Redbull GT5 trailer, there is a new version of Suzuka in it
Not only are the stands different, but it most probably got the same treatment as Fuji did, on the rest of the track

Prologue's Suzuka
Quote from CoolColJ :Skid sounds are different from the ones in Prologue, and the Time Trial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-fffZ53kn8

Just browsing through the topic, and am i right in thinking thats the Top gear test track? If so, this game is getting bought! along with a new TV so i can play in HD awesomeness!
Quote from speed1230 :
Well I just want to see what those 1000 cars are :P

800 or so of them are upscaled cars from GT4 and GT PSP
80 of them are from GT5:P

Many new cars have been revealed, so there are around 50-60 cars we don't know which are in GT5 yet.
Quote from brandons48 :Whut?

Oh dear, I've been exposed from the quote
But you won't be able to see it from a normal post like this
/offtopic
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Awesome, i forgot if there was Suzuka in GT in any point, so glad that it is, and it's a new version! Sometimes i forget how awesome of a track it is..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Awesome, i forgot if there was Suzuka in GT in any point, so glad that it is, and it's a new version! Sometimes i forget how awesome of a track it is..

Suzuka was in GT4 and GT5:P iirc
Correct me if I'm wrong guys
Quote from speed1230 :Suzuka was in GT4 and GT5:P iirc
Correct me if I'm wrong guys

it might have even been in gt3, i can't remember.
Anyway, i can't wait to put some rubber on Suzuka..
lol, someone actually recorded horns.
So, might be jumping on the sonywagon sooner than expected.

PS3 120GB + 2 controllers for 300€

Considering you can plug third party hard drives sounds like quite a good deal to me

Thoughts?
God, could you just imagine if it got delayed? LOL.

I am ready for it to hit now, 250GB HDD installed, after a fashion, bring it on.

Anyone buying the furiously over-priced collectors edition?
Hah! Im getting the damn console just for it, if its delayed again im gonna kill somebody!

You got that hard drive working ok Dan? I dont know how hungry ps3 games are, but I've been told 120GB should last for a while
Yeah, was a bit of an effort though, most of the effort was down to me not having a USB device big enough to backup onto, and then finding one big enough, then realising that the PS3 will only see a FAT32 drive, and the one you've got it NTFS.......got there in the end though, 250GB installed for £20ish.

The one thing that PISSES me off about the PS3 is the amount of times, and how much time it takes, to updated the dashboard software.
I have hardly any experience with game consoles, but GT5 makes me think about buying a PS3. Now I don't think I will use the PS3 for anything else than GT5, so I'm looking into buying a second-hand one. The older versions don't have that big a harddrive, but I can't really find whether or not I actually need anything bigger than 40Gb, especially if I'm only playing GT5? Does anyone here know?
GT5 install (for optimum performance) is 10GB, if you are using your PS3 for JUST GT5, then 40GB will be enough.

If you decide to get other games (many / most?) require an install, so you can quite quickly fill a 40GB drive, I only have a handfull of PS3 games, and my 40GB drive only had 8GB free left..

Good news is, replacement HDD's are dirt cheap (£22 for 250GB)
Question is, how many of those games are you still playing?

I have a few PS3 games (maybe 5), GT5's 10GB install will still fit on my 40GB HDD without having to delete something else.

I still have a 20GB HDD on my xbox360. I have loads of games... but the ones i still play now and then i can count on one hand. What really takes up space is DLC for all those games. However, i simply delete the stuff from the games i don't play anymore... and if i ever decide to play them again, i can simply re-download the DLC (without having to pay again).

I also download demos and arcade games. Same here, don't play it anymore, delete it.

In other words, i don't see the need for more HD space on my consoles.
How many?, not many, but TBH, I couldn't find a simple way to seeing what, where, and how much stuff I had on my PS3, so the simplest option was £22 for a bigger drive.

xbox is a little different as any game install is completely optional.

TBH, I really couldn't be bothered downloading, deleting, re-downloading, I want to "game" with the minimum of effort, I want to turn it on, and play what I want, when I want, anything that adds any time to this (i.e. re-downloading DLC, or installing / download software updates) is a REAL turn off, my time is a premium, therefore anything I can do to ease this, I will do.

If I wanted to pee-ball around downloading patches and installing shite, I'd still be playing PC games!!!!
Quote from danowat :
TBH, I really couldn't be bothered downloading, deleting, re-downloading, I want to "game" with the minimum of effort, I want to turn it on, and play what I want, when I want, anything that adds any time to this (i.e. re-downloading DLC, or installing / download software updates) is a REAL turn off, my time is a premium, therefore anything I can do to ease this, I will do.

To be honest, i've never re-downloaded anything. Ever.

That was my point somehow. The games i'm done with, will never get played again. So i might aswell delete the data from my HDD and use the free space for the next game.
I am a bit of a "scatter" gamer, I'll play something to death for a while, then drop it and play something else, then come back it at a later date, I guess I have a bit of a short attention span!.

I am also a bit of a horder too
Quote from danowat :I am a bit of a "scatter" gamer, I'll play something to death for a while, then drop it and play something else, then come back it at a later date, I guess I have a bit of a short attention span!.

I am also a bit of a horder too

same here

some games tend to stick however
especially if they have a very good multiplayer
I'm with you guys on all of that. Just like dano, I will play the crap out of something, then lose it for a bit, get totally caught up in something completely different, then flick back and repeat. And I rarely trade games in. It makes me feel like I'm losing out. I especially hate trading in games with big multiplayer modes, because they never really feel like you're "finished". I guess that's the point.

But I have only ever re-downloaded one game - Ninja Gaiden Black. I won it in a competition but didn't have space on the 20Gb drive for it, so it had to go. I forgot all about it and after I'd imported my profile to the new HDD I downloaded it again. Most of my space was taken up by DLC for games, rather than anything else. Tracks, cars, setups and skins for Forza 2 (about 2Gb), the masses of patches for Burnout Paradise (about 4Gb), modes and stuff for Gears and Gears 2 (2Gb or so), tons of extras for Mass Effect (I haven't bothered with the premium stuff for ME2). It all adds up.

I fully expect I'll pick up GT5 when it comes out, and it'll be great since I can use my new wheel with it. It had just better live up to expectations. The online functionailty and community will make or break it for me. There's never that many people in FM3 online, and the ones who are tend to be a little... cold. Yes, I suck. But that doesn't mean they have to totally blank me.

And I can tell you right now that the most used track globally will be the TG Test Track
I can imagine the camper van's horn
*beep* *beep* Camper van coming through! Outta the way Daihatsu Midget!
Edit: I wonder if the driver's hands move to press the horn, like in NFS Porsche Unleashed

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG