The online racing simulator
Quote from DarkTimes :Bah why does Hamilton keep driving into walls? It's getting silly now! Walls == bad!

He's drove into 4 walls this season, The first accident was not at all his fault, he had a wheel failure of some kind. The second was Germany, where he simply lit up the back wheels in tricky conditions. The third was only a brush, but nevertheless he still hit it, It was in SPA in even trickier conditions. The last was this weekend, where if you were listening to the commentary Ant Davidson seemed to think it was caused by the car bottoming out. Although it could have been avoided by not pushing as hard.

So really it's only Germany and Japan that were caused by major driver error.
that crash pretty much shows (again) that Hamilton is a human driver who can make mistakes and a young guy who is going still a bit too fast...The guy's only had 2 failures in his 4 seasons and apart from that almost all races he ruined was because he was too eager to finish first or get ahead...after (nearly) 4 full seasons one expects a young driver to settle down a bit, but he looks like he's starting to lose it and throwing it all away right in the end of the season...again.
Its a Given, but hes been much more consistent then previous seasons, if he drove like he did in 2008(the season he actually won) I have no doubt he would be out of the title hunt.
Quote from Mustafur :Its a Given, but hes been much more consistent then previous seasons, if he drove like he did in 2008(the season he actually won) I have no doubt he would be out of the title hunt.

He had more luck than speed in 2008. He's getting better but he just needs to chill for a bit before cocking it all up or letting it all go to waste.
Btw you forgot to update your sig.
Quote from bunder9999 :i hate suzuka... why can't it be fuji.

They (presumably Toyota) didn't want to host F1 anymore, and even if they did, I doubt they already cleaned up the mess the typhoon brought last month...

Oh, and :chairs: for hating Suzuka...
They wanted to update Fuji, they asked Tilke to do it, but said no. So they stopped hosting it :|

Suzuka is a great track with great history, its just sometimes hard to overtake, but when you look at the year 2005, I shouldn't be saying that :P
They have been saying Quali may be postponed due to tropical rain forecast. I think it's silly, it's only 50mm of rain, they should just send them out. It will make things very interesting for the season, besides, most of Suzuka is slanted one way or another, to standing water wouldn't be that much of a problem.
Quote from Senninha25 :that crash pretty much shows (again) that Hamilton is a human driver who can make mistakes and a young guy who is going still a bit too fast...The guy's only had 2 failures in his 4 seasons and apart from that almost all races he ruined was because he was too eager to finish first or get ahead...after (nearly) 4 full seasons one expects a young driver to settle down a bit, but he looks like he's starting to lose it and throwing it all away right in the end of the season...again.

button also went off there and schumacher so i guess those two will calm down when they get a bit older aswell
Quote from tinvek :button also went off there and schumacher so i guess those two will calm down when they get a bit older aswell

I was speaking of hamilton generally...and neither Schuey nor Button actually hit the wall.
Quote from aroX123 :They wanted to update Fuji, they asked Tilke to do it, but said no. So they stopped hosting it :|

Really I have no idea why Fuji would need updates in the FIA's mind, the track was completely rebuilt like 8-9 years ago IIRC. Safety is fine. Infrastructures are fine AFAIK. The track seems to be fine according to FIA's standards(not that is interresting in terms of driving, but that's no problem for the FIA who couldn't care less about this kind of issues).
The only reason Fuji isn't on the calendar is because Toyota didn't want to pay to host the race there. The track was updated in 2005 by Tilke and is perfectly suited to host F1, its just Toyota doesn't want to front the costs.
That's not true is it. Why would Honda as the owner of Suzuka pay anything more than Toyota would?
Quote from hyntty :That's not true is it. Why would Honda as the owner of Suzuka pay anything more than Toyota would?

Taken from Wikipedia.

'After the global recession and its own operational deficit, Toyota decided to discontinue the hosting of Japanese Grand Prix since 2010.'

Don't forget that during the 2008 financial year Toyota lost $4.4 billion.
Is that pointing out the fact the front wing is basically on the ground?
yep, means RB has a new way of making there front wing flex again.
When you have such a Big front wing the is obviously going to be front flex, its just everyone is targeting the car thats been fastest all season.
Quote from Mustafur :When you have such a Big front wing the is obviously going to be front flex, its just everyone is targeting the car thats been fastest all season.

Agreed. A lot of critics seem to be jumping on the "flexing wing" bandwagon just because the wing flexes. The issue isn't that it flexes, but how much it flexes under a particular load. The FIA upped the load test and the car passes that, along with the revised floor flex test, so it should be a non-issue by now.

BTW, what a fun FP3.
Quote from rc10racer :yep, means RB has a new way of making there front wing flex again.

I wouldn't say its a new way. If it is non linear flexing and they master it then they just moved the big deflection point past the new load test. What they acheived with load #1 they can easily do it with load #2. As long as the load test forces are less than the forces present on the track they can do it over and over again IMO.
F1 drivers need to man the **** up and get on the track. Its only a bit of water just do a shootout give us something to watch. There all a bunch of princesses these days.
kthxbaii
Quote from AstroBoy :F1 drivers need to man the **** up and get on the track. Its only a bit of water just do a shootout give us something to watch. There all a bunch of princesses these days.
kthxbaii

Yeah, cause it's their call right..
Pi**ed off, still haven't slept.. i'm guessing it will be delayed till tomorrow.
In all fairness even the Safety Car - which is one of those cars that have so much electronics that I wouldn't be surprised if it drives by itself - was having some problems on the wet track.

Doesn't look like it will happen today.
I don't know what you two are complaining about, that was the best qualifying coverage I've seen all year. You must have missed the fun, boat races, Vettel turing photographer, mechanics doing little rain dances. It was all very relaxed and quite fun really, we got some nice details out of it too, like looking close up at the Mclaren car and garage, and the Lotus pitwall. Oh and that safety car was aquaplaning all over the place, it does look and sound very nice though.
give them some cheap japanese cars and let the drivers have a go with them... :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG