The online racing simulator
NASCAR The Game 2011
(238 posts, started )
Quote from The Very End :Screw that, Bob make a LFS: Nascar edition. Just needs couple more tracks and a chassie to the car you made earlier.

Well, I guess you'd prefer the infamous rally pack anyways.
Haha, so that's why Bob was asking oval related questions the past few months!

A NASCAR game by Eutechnyx should be awesome. Although Supercar Challenge was disappointing...
Holy Crap!

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelif ... deo-game-return-eutechnyx

Quote :Jon Robinson: A lot of people play the NASCAR games, not to race, but to crash spectacularly. How will the crashes look in the game?

Ed Martin: No one has ever done damage the way that we've done damage. I assure you that when you see this game, we've set a whole new standard for the way damage has been done. It's not pre-calculated damage, it's not just crumpling that we paste onto the car. Everything about our damage is calculated in our physics model and everything is unique. You can actually tear the sheet metal and have it hang on and have tears in the side of your car. If something falls off, you can run over it and cause damage to other cars. The damage model is absolutely fantastic. Everybody loves the big crashes in the game. I want to see the smoke and the cars flying. The only restriction we had from NASCAR is no part can fly off into the fan area. Nothing can go beyond the safety fence. But unlike any game I've worked on before, all of these fences are now geometric 3D fences, so if you get your car up into the catch fence, the fence will move, ripple, and get damaged. When you see a replay and you see a tire go up into the catch fence or you see an entire car go up into the catch fence, it's interacting with the physics of the game. It looks real.

Hope that is for real, and not just a phat joke / lie.
Nope, no lies there.
OK then, somebody start a petition or something for a PC port.
It would make for bad PR if there were lies in the first press release, don't you think?

Also, damn you for overtaking my post count.
Quote from Bob Smith :It would make for bad PR if there were lies in the first press release, don't you think?

Also, damn you for overtaking my post count.

OH SNAP! :scared:

But.. they of course should hype it up a little, but not too much. Giving people rocket-high expectations about the game will make the fall-pit higher if they fail to bring the quality... or what you people say in english.. .You understand what I mean?
I actually quite like Nascar games, and I thought EA's last attempt, Nascar 09, was pretty good, although many would disagree.

FC was a fairly decent racer, never brought SC:C, and maybe Bob can shed any light on the new, downloadable F, is it worth a purchase if you have the original?.

But I just hope that this doesn't turn into a really arcadey game, and has the elements to at least match, if not exceed Nascar 09.
More: http://www.develop-online.net/features/1002/Car-Toon-Army

Dan - we could go further with the physics in a sim direction, but the level we're at shouldn't disappoint those looking for respectable car handling. It is a large step forwards from FC and SCC, that's for sure.

I don't know a lot about Ferrari: The Race Experience. Edit: see 2 posts down for more info...
Career sounds interesting
More: http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/3 ... ing-nascar-to-the-masses/ - explains a little about PC releases.

Edit: Dan, this got posted on the Eutechnyx forums:

Quote :Ferrari TRE on PS3 is basically:

Ferrari Challenge
+ all patch improvements
+ various network, framerate, technical improvements
+ DLC Pack 1 (5 cars and nurburgring)
+ DLC Pack 2 (5 cars and riviera)
+ 599XX
+ 458 Italia
+ 458 Italia Tutorial
+ 3-Tier Career system (classics, gt, road) that all cars can enter
+ improved 16-player lan/online
+ new Arcade/Tournamnet challenges
+ Assisted/Arcade/Sim set-ups from SuperCar Challenge
+ all-new Trophies

All for £11.99 (or £9.99 if you own Ferrari Challenge).

So Bob (If that's even your real name.. )...

Where's our exclusive LFS Forum video of the damage?
Yeah the interviews seem to be coming in quick now.

The trailer will have its official release on SPEED channel at 10am EST this Sunday too (I think it was EST... :shrug.
Quote from Bob Smith :No Dustin, Bob's not my real name. I thought most people round here had sussed this out by now.

Yeah, especially with all the people you ben.

(It sounded funnier :-S)
Quote from zeugnimod :Yeah, especially with all the people you ben.

With all your posts, I thought for sure you would have a better one-liner.
Was my sarcasm missed that severely?!

Woah, maybe I need to go drink more NeoCitran.. it's effecting my humour.
Sweetness!
Quote from PMD9409 :With all your posts, I thought for sure you would have a better one-liner.

I save those for special occasions.

Like my millionth post.

Should give me enough time to think of one.

NASCAR The Game 2011
(238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG