The online racing simulator
Yea,heard him crying,that was hillarious
Quote from 5haz :Say if one of your 'role models' was found to have comitted a heinous crime, would you suddenly feel a burning need to copy that act?

Role models simply don't have that much of a hold over a sane, mature person with half a brain.

You are spot on, you share the exact opinion of mine on this matter.
Quote from Mustafur :Would you lose your job if you got a speeding ticket?

Are you being intentionally thick? For your example to make any sense you would have to ask if anybody would hire you as an accounting clerk if you have a history of tax evasion on record... So, if you are deemed a hazard to yourself and others on the road, why should you be allowed to drive on a track?
Some businesses pay their driver's speeding tickets as a way to ensure goods or people get there on time.
Quote from 5haz :Some businesses pay their driver's speeding tickets as a way to ensure goods or people get there on time.

Indeed. It's true, especially thing like buisness sales etc or private medical staff transporting live organs and such.
About time i say, Kobayashi has been wiping the floor with him.
And he will wipe the floor with Nick too.
Probably the reason they've done it is because they are having Nick next season and they thought they may aswell let him drive for the rest of this year. But I was sure he was Pirelli test driver?
I don't know, he's done decent stuff for a 40 years old guy who hasn't had a full F1 season since eight years ago IMO. He's never been that far from Kobayashi. But people say that he was in bad terms with Peter Sauber since his mistake in the closing stages of the Belgian GP...

Rumours say he will replace Heidfeld at Pirelli. I wonder though, wouldn't have it been better for Sauber to let Heidfeld get as more experience as possible with the Pirellis, for 2011, and keep his line-up as it is until the end of the season?

In other news Raikkonen's still aiming for the second Renault seat according to Autosport: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86688
Awkward to be Legard atm
Charlie Cox would be a great choice.
Hang on, are you seriously telling me a TV company listens to what the majority of people say?

I find that hard to believe

Quote from NotAnIllusion :Awkward to be Legard atm

I got the impression at the weekend that Brundle was sick of listening to him. Me too.

But he's not as bad as James Allen. I might find Legard to be a bit dull and uninformed but at least I don't want to kick his teeth in.
Lotus will has Renault engines in 2011.
If anyone is worse than Legard it's Cox.

Get Ben Edwards in and stop pissing about!
Quote from hyntty :Hang on, are you seriously telling me a TV company listens to what the majority of people say?

I find that hard to believe

No, they aren't listening, because they appear to want to replace him with a commentator the MotoGP viewers have disliked for a long time.
Amazingly I haven't seen any F1 race on BBC so far, might do that one day to understand Britain's anger.

Quote from hyntty :Hang on, are you seriously telling me a TV company listens to what the majority of people say?

Especially since they cannot have decent datas on the matter, unless they make surveys. I mean, they can't base themselves on the audience rates, since people won't stop watching F1 just because of the commentator

Quote from Zdenek CZE :Lotus will has Renault engines in 2011.

Also, very symbolical move but Lotus Racing is gonna rename to "Team Lotus" next year: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86640

Anyway that deal with Renault might represent an opportunity for Renault to put Petrov on the 2nd Lotus slot if he's not good enough in the next GP
Quote from Intrepid :Get Ben Edwards in and stop pissing about!

Ben popped into our awning at the weekend to see how we were getting on. Seemed nice enough.

Sadly, I didn't realise who he was until after he'd gone!!!
Charlie Cox is much better than Legard, but the thing is he's always done well with the other commentator. In BTCC he was a good co-commentator with Murray as he'd recently retired from driving, then had Jon Watson alongside him, and Steve Parish for the bike stuff. I don't know if Cox's style is suitable for a Grand Prix though, it's perfect for BTCC/MotoGP where it's usually more exciting, and most of the BTCC stuff wasn't done live.
I don't think MotoGP is any more exciting than F1 anymore.
I don't think Edwards' so much suited for F1 style racing either. He's really perfect for BTCC where you have a lot of action and stuff, and IMO his voice is now part of the recent history of the series. But I do not see him doing F1 for example.

Haven't heard him doing anything else than BTCC, so I might be wrong anyway.

Cox - never heard so I can't say.
legard is ok (ish) when he has time to think but at times it feels like he's not even looking at his monitors and is way behind the action, he's definately the weak link in all the BBC's coverage, cox would be far better and if nothing else he's another ex racer so has more insight.

more worrying legard doesn't seem to be improving, i'd hoped he'd have spent the off season listening to recordings and realaising how many mistakes he makes and how much total rubbish he fills the airwaves with. someone (possibly on here) said last year he commentates like he's on radio where there's no other information for the listeners and silence is gernerally a bad thing and forgets we can actually see the cars ourselves. ironically radio 5's team seem to have perfected the art of saying as much as possible in as few words as possible so despite being on radio and probably talking as much as legard if not more, it doesn't feel like they do.

the commentary on the practice sessions show how good things can be when you have a commentary team where everyone knows the sport properly, they do something similar to legard where they don't feel the need to actually talk about every corner as a car goes round it (unlike james allen for who anything moving anywhere was the most exciting thing that he'd ever seen and absolutely relevant to lewis hamilton somehow) but whilst they can talk about strategy, drivers etc with some knowlage, legard acts the dumb kid who wants to know everything from brundel.

if he's not replaced then the answer might be to introduce a third commentator to share the expert load with brundel and allow legard a chance to sit back and think, maybe they could persuade davidson and Chandhok to fit it in between them depending on racing commitments.

it's a pity really as jake humphrey has, in the words of steve ryder, made the anchor man's job look easy after steve ryder spent years trying to make it look hard and jim rosenthal made it look bloody impossible, coulthard and jordan have settled down to an unlikely doubly act, lee mckenzie is getting the job done with interviews and ted kravitz is still showing the form he developed at ITV. the only other improvement i'd like is for holly samos to share the pitlane with ted kravitz, she's very competent and would allow better coverage of all the pitlane when there's a story at both ends but that would mean taking her away from radio 5.

you can always spot the good commentators / pundits / presenters in F1, they're the ones that the insiders take to and treat as though they belong there.
Quote from zeugnimod :I don't think MotoGP is any more exciting than F1 anymore.

True but it's shorter and when I last watched it (earlier this/last year) Cox and Parish helped to make it exciting

Apparently Ben doesn't want to do F1 due to the length of the races/no ads so you have to talk for a while. Yann, he's done Eurosport/F1 highlight things, Champcar, A1 GP, Superleague etc

Here's a video of them both together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryQK8xCIztc (was at that race, such epicness :tilt

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG