The online racing simulator
Iron Maiden - Mother Of Mercy
Preternatural - Reflections

Quote from zeugnimod :10 days until the new Serj Tankian album.

Whoa... Didn't expect it so soon...
Same here and I was pleasantly surprised when I read that.

It was actually planned for release today but had to be delayed because Serj wanted to make the album cover from some nature-friendly material or something.
Quote from zeugnimod :It was actually planned for release today but had to be delayed because Serj wanted to make the album cover from some nature-friendly material or something.

lol... I hope this one will be a bit more... Heavy...
He's still on New Zeland right?
Quote from matijapkc :lol... I hope this one will be a bit more... Heavy...
He's still on New Zeland right?

It won't. It's supposed to be electronic and jazzy. Doesn't sound that good to me, either but it's Serj after all so it will probably still be great. I don't think he'll ever reach the epicness of "Toxicity" again (possible THE best album ever, IMO) but he's still one of the best musicians around, IMO.

No idea where he lives right now.
Quote from zeugnimod :It won't. It's supposed to be electronic and jazzy. Doesn't sound that good to me, either but it's Serj after all so it will probably still be great. I don't think he'll ever reach the epicness of "Toxicity" again (possible THE best album ever, IMO) but he's still one of the best musicians around, IMO.

No idea where he lives right now.

Well, Toxicity was and will be the best SOAD album ever... I hope they start playing together again... I mean, Serj's first album isn't bad, but second is kinda bad, hope this one will be better, also Scars On Broadway (Daron and John are there, just in case you don't know...) have only one album in their 8 years of existance...
E: SoB's album also isn't even close to what SOAD was in Toxicity time if you ask me...
Quote from matijapkc :Well, Toxicity was and will be the best SOAD album ever... I hope they start playing together again... I mean, Serj's first album isn't bad, but second is kinda bad, hope this one will be better, also Scars On Broadway (Daron and John are there, just in case you don't know...) have only one album in their 8 years of existance...
E: SoB's album also isn't even close to what SOAD was in Toxicity time if you ask me...

Did I miss something? Serj only had one album so far, didn't he? And that one was quite awesome, I don't think "Imperfect Harmonies" can match that.

SoB really is quite average, tbh. I never liked Daron's voice anyway. He sang far too much on the latest SOAD albums, IMO. He should have stayed the insane guitar-master that he was during the first 2 albums.
Quote from zeugnimod :Did I miss something? Serj only had one album so far, didn't he?

Well, I'm not sure now either... /searching Serj's website for info...
There says only one... Plus "Serart" from 2003. I don't know, I heard some "unknown" Serj's song in my bro's room...
And 'bout that awesomeness... IDK, I'm listening to gothic, heavy and melodic death only in last 6 months so I don't see that much awesomeness, but I can't say it's bad... I quite like it.

And about SoB... It isn't so much bout Daron's voice or anything like that if you ask me... It's the crappy lyrics (and music in some songs) that Daron wrote. Also I agree 'bout that Daron's playing.

P.S. You made me do this...
Serj Tankian - Empty Walls and the rest of the "Elect The Dead" album.
Hey Kev- here's that band I was telling you about-

http://www.labjacd.com/

They're called Labjacd- and they're actually not really that dubby listening to them now... might have gotten them confused with another band! Check 'em out though

I know Declan (trumpet player) from another band Dec and I used to be in (I play keys). This new band of his is doing really well apparently, getting some good gigs.
Quote from matijapkc :Well, I'm not sure now either... /searching Serj's website for info...
There says only one... Plus "Serart" from 2003. I don't know, I heard some "unknown" Serj's song in my bro's room...
And 'bout that awesomeness... IDK, I'm listening to gothic, heavy and melodic death only in last 6 months so I don't see that much awesomeness, but I can't say it's bad... I quite like it.

Well, he had the album and then an orchestral version of the songs of the album which is awesome as well. Maybe you meant that.

"Empty Walls" and especially "The Unthinking Majority" are easily the best songs of the album.
Eminem feat Rihanna - Love the way you lie
Quote from zeugnimod :Well, he had the album and then an orchestral version of the songs of the album which is awesome as well. Maybe you meant that.

That must be it then... But IDK I didn't like that too much...
But we can only guess is this one gonna be good or not, I hope it will.

BTW... Drowning Pool, "Full Circle" album.
Quote from Electrik Kar :Hey Kev- here's that band I was telling you about-

http://www.labjacd.com/

They're called Labjacd- and they're actually not really that dubby listening to them now... might have gotten them confused with another band! Check 'em out though

Hey they're cool though, reminds me a bit of The Goats. Shame about the ubiquitous Run DMC 'Ah Yeah' cut though.
godsmack- love-hate-sex-pain
Babe Ruth, Black dog.
Mike Portnoy has left Dream Theater.
I will never get why.
Volbeat - Who they are

first time i hear anything of them and i don´t find it that bad. Just not a big fan of the singers voice.
Dream Theater - Wither
Slipknot - Wait And Bleed
This thread is closed

The what music are you listening to now thread
(16853 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG