The online racing simulator
Well, spudster has no reason to complain about faster's driving (maybe a couple of the other's, but not spudster). Even i have some problems with spudster's though.
well , faster just needs to learn to dont force others ( me ) off the track , but it was some nice fighting with him
i have been racing on the server and i would say we need 2 admins for the race , cause with 10 ppl racing there will be a lot contact between the cars
Quote from Soki :i have been racing on the server and i would say we need 2 admins for the race , cause with 10 ppl racing there will be a lot contact between the cars

Thus reducing the amount of racers to 9...... I think that that would be unwise as we would have to kick someone out of the league.
Quote from Soki :well , faster just needs to learn to dont force others ( me ) off the track , but it was some nice fighting with him

my tires was nearly out thats why sorry.
Quote from faster111 :my tires was nearly out thats why sorry.

Ok then.

Can't wait for the XRG BLGP RallyX race. I am practicing my undies off
Quote from Spudster :http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/2804/orly0sy.png
Ok then.

Can't wait for the XRG BLGP RallyX race. I am practicing my undies off

I watched the 10 lap race, and yes Faster wasn't exactly rule abiding. But you are just as bad, at one point you were looking for him to ram him off the road :S.
Quote from Chris_Kerry :I watched the 10 lap race, and yes Faster wasn't exactly rule abiding. But you are just as bad, at one point you were looking for him to ram him off the road :S.

Whats done is done, we have both learnt from our lessons and mistakes and I make a habit of not making the same mistake twice.
i think its possible to add one slot to the server , if not then 1 admin has to be enough

how did you manage to get your tyres nearly done in 10 laps faster?
Quote from Soki :i think its possible to add one slot to the server , if not then 1 admin has to be enough

It´s not possible to add a slot to the server and 1 admin IMO is enough.
Quote from Soki :i think its possible to add one slot to the server , if not then 1 admin has to be enough

how did you manage to get your tyres nearly done in 10 laps faster?

I think it was on the 10 lap or 20 lap i cnan,rt rember.
Quote from Kalev EST :It´s not possible to add a slot to the server and 1 admin IMO is enough.

kk

btw: why did you underline that "is" ?
Quote from Soki :kk

btw: why did you underline that "is" ?

Because I´m weird.

EDIT: I was bored so I made a small website for replays and skins of the participants. Danny/Leifde hasn´t had time to do it himself. Hope that´s OK. http://kalev99.googlepages.com/lfsdemoleague
If someone saved a replay of the qualification I would want it. And if I missed some of your skins let me know.kalev99@gmail.com
i will send u the replay of the qually
Quote from Kalev EST :Because I´m weird.

EDIT: I was bored so I made a small website for replays and skins of the participants. Danny/Leifde hasn´t had time to do it himself. Hope that´s OK. http://kalev99.googlepages.com/lfsdemoleague
If someone saved a replay of the qualification I would want it. And if I missed some of your skins let me know.kalev99@gmail.com

Thanks, it saves me from uploading them.

I will finalise the points scored today.
I have finalised the calendar and updated the website. I will post it here also:

25th June - XRG - BLRX
2nd July - XRT - BLGP
16th July - XFG - BLRX-R
30th July - XRT - BLGP-R
13th August - XRG - BLGP
27th August - XFG - BLGP - Double points!

I am also rewriting some areas of the rules and will post these shortly. I am going to look at the end of the main race replay now to get the positions. The positions have NOT changed.

One more thing, instead of 'bad points' you will get official warnings.

EDIT: The standings are now up on the website but here they are:

1 - siemens - 10
2 - Matias Heikkinen - 9
3 - Kalev EST - 8
4 - Soki - 7
5 - Blakjekaas - 6
6 - faster111 - 5
7 - Spudster - 4
8 - Philipma - 3
Rules:

1. General
This league is organised specifically for demo racers. It is be guaranteed that racers will use each car available in the demo at least once. It is be guaranteed that racers will use each track available in the demo at least once.

2. Language
On all 'public' sections of the website and forum only English may be spoken. On the servers only English must be spoken. Players will receive several warnings and if the persist may face a temporary ban.

3. Players
3.1. Demo racers

Any demo racer is allowed to join this league but they may not run with a team in this league.

3.2. S2 racers
S2 licensed racers may race but they will not earn points. If they interfere with the other racers (crashing into them) then they'll be banned from this league and any other league.They're there to give people a better race.

4. Points
4.1. Points System

Points will be awarded as follows unless otherwise stated before the event begins. Racers will not earn points in the shorter sprint race.

1st - 10 Points
2nd - 9
3rd - 8
4th - 7
5th - 6
6th - 5
7th - 4
8th - 3
9th - 2
10th - 1

4.2. DNF and DNS
If a player DNF (Does Not Finish) a race for whatever reason he/she should be awarded 0 points unless they have completed 75% or more of the race. If they have completed 75% or more they should be given points for the last position. If multiple drivers DNF then the driver who DNF last should be classified the highest out of the DNF drivers. If a driver DNS (Does Not Start) then he/she will be awarded 0 points. In the Sprint Race 75% is rounded-up to the nearest lap. So in a 10 lap race 75% would be the start of lap 8.

5. Race rules
5.1. Qualifying

Qualifying will be one outlap followed by one hotlap and one inlap. Racers must let any faster driver coming up behind them through, regardless of whether they are on a hotlap or not. After the racer's hotlap they must slow down to around 75% of race speed and drive back to the pits. They must then join spectator mode.

5.2. In race
There will be 2 races at each meeting. The first race will be a sprint race of roughly 15 (fifteen) minutes long followed by a feature race of roughly 35 (thirty-five) minutes long unless stated before the meeting. At the beginning of the sprint race there will be a warm-up lap to let everyone's computers load all the textures and get ready for the start. Racers must remain in the order they lined up in the grid in single file until they get roughly 80% of the way around the track. They will then form up side by side ready for the rolling start. If the racers are not lined up satisfactorily then the race controller will send them round again for another warm-up lap. This will keep going until the racers are lined up satisfactorily and the remaining laps will be run in race conditions. At the beginning of the feature race there will be a warm-up lap to let everyone's computers load all the textures and get ready for the start. Racers must remain in the order they lined up in the grid in single file until they get back to the grid. They will then form up on the grid in the order that they were at the start of the warm-up lap except anyone who has lost positions by coming off the track or being involved in a crash. They should line up at the back of the grid and the other racers should NOT fill in those spaces. If the racers are not lined up satisfactorily then the race controller will tell each racer seperately to line themselves up satisfactorarily. If, on the first or second lap only, over half the field of racers are involved in a crash that damages them then the race will be restarted.

5.3. General rules
If you disconnect from the server during a race you may NOT rejoin that race but if the feature race is yet to be started then you may join the back of the grid for the feature race. If your car ends up on it's roof you must go into spectator mode and you may NOT rejoin the race. You may NOT use the reset function. If you miss Qualification and you join before the first race starts you may join the back of the grid. If you miss the sprint race or you do not finish the sprint race you may join the back of the grid for the feature race.

5.4. Disqualification
If whoever is moderating the race feels a racer deliberately made contact or made more than one blocking move on a straight then he/she will issue them with an unofficial warning. If it happens again he/she will exclude the racer from the current race and the racer will be issued with an official warning. If, in the next race on that day, the racer gets another exclusion, the racer will be banned from the next race meeting. If the racer gains six official warnings then they will be banned for the rest of the season. The racer may appeal against any official warnings but, if it is found to have been a mistake, they will not gain any positions from the race they were excluded from but they will lose that official warning from their record. If at any time the racer would like to find out how many points they have they can PM Leifde via the LFS forums and he will look it up as quickly as possible. Excessive use of the horn (over 2 seconds at a time or over 10 times in a minute) will not be tolerated and you will be issued an official warning that you may NOT appeal.

5. Prizes
The racer who wins the championship by gaining the most points will win a LFS S2 license. In the event of a tie then racer who has had the most race wins will get the license. In the event that there is a tie and both racers have had the same amount of race wins then the racer with the most amount of podium positions (top 3) will get the license. In the event that there is a tie, both racers have had the same amount of race wins and both racers have had the same amount of podium positions (top 3) then either each racer will get a LFS S1 license or, if all administrators agree, both racers will get a LFS S2 license.

6.Race time
Qualification will start at 3:00pm GMT or at 3:00pm BST if it is currently DST.

7.Join the Demo League
The maximum amount of racers in each meeting is 10, this is because of the constraints of the LFS demo.
Quote from Kalev EST :Because I´m weird.

Can people please note that could they save these skins to their skins_x folder instead of the skins folder, as my skin is for team use only i'm afraid. Security reasons.
Quote :as my skin is for team use only i'm afraid.

I think your skin is safe.

Danny, did you decide against what we talked about regarding Philipma?
Quote from faster111 :I think it was on the 10 lap or 20 lap i cnan,rt rember.

Your tyres were fine in the first race

The problem is your not taking the racing line. Stay as wide as possible and then sweep into the apex of the corner rather than make the corner so narrow.

Another thing I noticed (not just you) is the defence was like you were at war Sweeping across the track far to late to defend etc and ending up running into each other. Does none of you favours if you run into each other

Do none of you get distracted with all the talking ?? I'm okay with messages during public races where I aint focusing that hard but in league races I hate it and they usually don't allow it

Keiran
Quote from th84 :I think your skin is safe.

Danny, did you decide against what we talked about regarding Philipma?

Yes, I decided that it would be unfair to everyone else to go against the rules so I awarded last place because they did complete 75% of the race.

As for the messages, I'll see how it goes this Sunday. If I think they're being overused and becoming a distraction then I will ban them.

EDIT: I will send a PM out to everyone that th84 sent one to tomorrow to notify them of the race on Sunday.
Quote from Leifde :EDIT: I will send a PM out to everyone that th84 sent one to tomorrow to notify them of the race on Sunday.

you are talking about next sunday right?
May I join to league from next race? As I understood, only 1 race done?
Wow! Double points!

I have much pressure!

Thanks admins did many things for us
PM's have been sent out, if you didn't get one then PM me and I'll send you one.

Demo racing league
(569 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG