The online racing simulator
Quote from th84 :It's impossible to please everyone. A time must be set and those who can make it, great, for those who cant, im very sorry.

Exactly.Just fix a day...preferably sunday...coz all are free on Sundays.And fix a time too.And people who can't make it..try for the next race.

One more thing.One event per month is less..agreed.Two per month should be good.But please think before making ridiculous suggestions like 2 races per week (Saturday and Sunday).
Quote from Matias Heikkinen :why we need 2 skins per car? i think 1 skin per car is better,we can identify and remenber each other better.

Thats what dear Matias...read the post again...he says 2 skins per car ("MAXIMUM").
Ok, the first race is set for Sunday 11th June at 3:00pm BST. That is 4:00pm CEST or 10:00am EDT.

th84 will be running this event so do as he says!

Remember there will be two races, the first will be a 10 lap sprint race with a ROLLING start, and a 20 lap feature race with a STANDING start + warmup lap.

Please remember to read the rules before the event. You'll find them on the website. Oh and one more thing, if th84 feels you deliberately made contact or made more than one blocking move on a straight then he will issue you with a warning. If it happens again he will exclude you from the race and you will be issued with 1 point. If, in the next race in that day, you get another exclusion, you will be banned from the next race meeting. If you gain 6 points you will be banned for the rest of the season. You may apply about any points but, if it is found to have been a mistake, you will not gain any positions from the race you were excluded from but you will lose that point from your record. If at any time you would like to find out how many points you have please PM me and I will look it up for you as quickly as I can.

I will add that to the rules now for future record.

If you have any problems please PM me. You will get the server details from th84 in a PM on Saturday. I hope you all have a good race and have fun!
and th84 could you please please please save the replay please please please i want to make my first movie using it!
All replays will be saved and uploaded as attachments.
Quote from Leifde :All replays will be saved and uploaded as attachments.

yay! now all i have to do is re-install SP2 for windows as it seems my WMM is corrupt and thats the only remaining solution.....
I'm experimenting results board styles and i wonder if people could give feedback on this style i am working on. Each column will be a lap time and another column will be added on the left for final positions, but as i say i am still experimenting and just want to see what people think.
Attached images
Scores 1.jpg
Man that is wicked danny should look at this good work.
Just to be sure. The first race will be with the XFG? It doesn´t say anything about the car on the website. It just shows the date and track on the "Race details" page. I think you should fix that.
And also 3.00 BST is 3.00 GMT? Yes, no, maybe?
3.00 BST is 2.00 GMT is 4.00 CEST.
Quote from zeeaq :But please think before making ridiculous suggestions like 2 races per week (Saturday and Sunday).

Not sure where you got that from... but twice a month is plenty.

I will be on the server as soon as i can, it may be right on time, or just a few minutes late. Everyone just do some practice or just sit tight till i get there.
How many laps will there be on sunday 11th june? (may i recommend 5 laps, as that is standard and also that is a good amount for the results table )
5 laps would be a waste of time, surely it will be more than that. Spend some time actually reading the post's and you will find your answer. Here's a hint...... #247
i feel like an idiot

dont quote me on that

anyway, 20 laps that'll be hard to fit. But try i must! for i am the spudster!
Quote from Spudster :i feel like an idiot

Quote from Jakg :

don't spam!

anyway, yes that is the website address and it works fine for me...

tis BL GP reversed in XFG i believe
The website works fine for me too. Only IMO the racing details page should give more information, like the car and the starting time should be GMT, so you could check the difference with your own time zone on LFS World.
But what do I know...
BTW I sent the skins for the league to you. Check your e-mail Inbox.
About LFS Demo League
The LFS Demo League was created to give demo racers the chance to have organised races and have a chance at winning an S2 license. The winner of the championship will get an S2 license fully paid for by the league's administrators.

The demo has only one track but four different configurations and three different cars and so, even with limited track configurations, we can test racers' limits with three very different cars.

Rules
1. General
This league is organised specifically for demo racers. It is be guaranteed that racers will use each car available in the demo at least once. It is be guaranteed that racers will use each track available in the demo at least once.

2. Language
On all 'public' sections of the website and forum only English may be spoken. On the servers only English must be spoken. Players will receive several warnings and if the persist may face a temporary ban.

3. Players
3.1. Demo racers
Any demo racer is allowed to join this league but they may not run with a team in this league.

3.2. S2 racers
S2 licensed racers may race but they will not earn points. If they interfere with the other racers (crashing into them) then they'll be banned from this league and any other league.They're there to give people a better race.

4. Points
4.1. Points System
Points will be awarded as follows unless otherwise stated before the event begins. Racers will not earn points in the shorter sprint race.

1st - 10 Points
2nd - 9
3rd - 8
4th - 7
5th - 6
6th - 5
7th - 4
8th - 3
9th - 2
10th - 1

4.2. DNF and DNS
If a player DNF (Does Not Finish) a race for whatever reason he/she should be awarded 0 points unless they have completed 75% or more of the race. If they have completed 75% or more they should be given points for the last position. If multiple drivers DNF then the driver who DNF last should be classified the highest out of the DNF drivers. If a driver DNS (Does Not Start) then he/she will be awarded 0 points. In the Sprint Race 75% is rounded-up to the nearest lap. So in a 10 lap race 75% would be the start of lap 8.

5. Race rules
5.1. Qualifying
Qualifying will be one outlap followed by one hotlap and on inlap. Racers must let any faster driver coming up behind them through, regardless of whether they are on a hotlap or not. After the racer's hotlap they must slow down to around 75% of race speed and drive back to the pits. They must then remain in the car in the pits and must not enter spectator mode of the pit setup screen.

5.2. In race
There will be 2 races at each meeting. The first race will be a sprint race of roughly 15 (fifteen) minutes long followed by a feature race of roughly 35 (thirty-five) minutes long unless stated before the meeting. At the beginning of the sprint race there will be a warm-up lap to let everyone's computers load all the textures and get ready for the start. Racers must remain in the order they lined up in the grid in single file until they get roughly 80% of the way around the track. They will then form up side by side ready for the rolling start. If the racers are not lined up satisfactorily then the race controller will send them round again for another warm-up lap. This will keep going until the racers are lined up satisfactorily and the remaining laps will be run in race conditions. At the beginning of the feature race there will be a warm-up lap to let everyone's computers load all the textures and get ready for the start. Racers must remain in the order they lined up in the grid in single file until they get back to the grid. They will then form up on the grid in the order that they were at the start of the warm-up lap except anyone who has lost positions by coming off the track or being involved in a crash. They should line up at the back of the grid and the other racers should NOT fill in those spaces. If the racers are not lined up satisfactorily then the race controller will tell each racer seperately to line themselves up satisfactorarily. If, on the first or second lap only, over half the field of racers are involved in a crash that damages them then the race will be restarted.

5.3. General rules
If you disconnect from the server during a race you may NOT rejoin that race but if the feature race is yet to be started then you may join the back of the grid for the feature race. If your car ends up on it's roof you must go into spectator mode and you may NOT rejoin the race. You may NOT use the reset function. If you miss Qualification and you join before the first race starts you may join the back of the grid. If you miss the sprint race or you do not finish the sprint race you may join the back of the grid for the feature race.

5.4. Disqualification
If whoever is moderating the race feels a racer deliberately made contact or made more than one blocking move on a straight then he/she will issue them with a warning. If it happens again he/she will exclude the racer from the current race and they will be issued with 1 point. If, in the next race on that day, the racer gets another exclusion, the racer will be banned from the next race meeting. If the racer gains 6 points they will be banned for the rest of the season. The racer may apply about any points but, if it is found to have been a mistake, they will not gain any positions from the race they were excluded from but they will lose that point from their record. If at any time the racer would like to find out how many points they have they can PM Leifde via the LFS forums and he will look it up as quickly as possible.

5. Prizes
The racer who wins the championship by gaining the most points will win a LFS S2 license. In the event of a tie then racer who has had the most race wins will get the license. In the event that there is a tie and both racers have had the same amount of race wins then the racer with the most amount of podium positions (top 3) will get the license. In the event that there is a tie, both racers have had the same amount of race wins and both racers have had the same amount of podium positions (top 3) then either each racer will get a LFS S1 license or, if all administrators agree, both racers will get a LFS S2 license.

6.Race time
Qualification will start at 3:00pm GMT or at 3:00pm BST if it is currently DST.

7.Join the Demo League
The maximum amount of racers in each meeting is 10, this is because of the constraints of the LFS demo.

there are the rules, im not sure what else you would need.

It will be xfg on bl reverse, a list of racers will be available closer to race day.

The calander shouldnt be hard to figure out. There are only 3 cars and one track, so count on it being one of those. Somewhere in this thread danny did a calander, if u'd like you can go back through and find it for a rough guess on which combo is when.
I was rather baffled on how I would fit 20 laps in the results table, when it hit me. Why need 20 when you can do 10 twice?

Wait for 10 seconds and then the table will change to the second results.

(BTW this is just to show the table progress, it is NOT complete (yet))
Attached images
Scores-1.gif
Firstly Spudster, that is very nice

Secondly, I will add the car detail either today or tomorrow. I totally forgot about it when I was making that page.

Thirdly, I posted the time in BST so people can see the time in their country with DST rather than having to add an extra hour (some might forget :shrug

Lastly, I will draft a calendar now and send it to th84. If he agrees with it and it doesn't clash with anything else I'm/he's doing then I will post it here.
Only 6 (not counting licensed) racers are signed up on the website, which mean's 4 spot's are still open. Please reply to this thread if you plan on attending sunday's race (even if you are signed up on website). Pm's with server info will go out on saturday for those who are signed up. I will put a practice server up later on this evening.

If you reply to this thread and havent signed up to the website, please do that as well. www.lfsdemoleague.cjb.net
(its already 9:20pm here!)

yeah i'm in!
Quote from Spudster :(its already 9:20pm here!)

And....????
I´m in.
I'm going to re-post this on this page to make sure everyone see's it Practice server is now up.

Only 6 (not counting licensed) racers are signed up on the website, which mean's 4 spot's are still open. Please reply to this thread if you plan on attending sunday's race (even if you are signed up on website). Pm's with server info will go out on saturday for those who are signed up. I will put a practice server up later on this evening.

If you reply to this thread and havent signed up to the website, please do that as well. www.lfsdemoleague.cjb.net

Demo racing league
(569 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG