The online racing simulator
Ok guys i'm sorry for bother everyone here.
I just downloaded a new game and everything is fine.It was just a conflict between aonio and my old lfs.exe file.Myabe to old my lfs almost never did a fresh copy
I'm very happy that everything works fine like before.Thanks for all responses and specialy to EQ worry for taking the time to answer.
Sorry again have nice races!
No problem, I'm always happy when troubles sort of get solved by themselves.
Wow, that is a very old stuff there. If I understand correctly, it is for TS2 version. I searched around a bit and there are some .NET libraries for TS3 available, so maybe they could be used. Somehow. Uhm. What would you need, what would be desirable? I do not use TS myself, so my notion about what it does and how it works are a bit hazy. Rather quite hazy.
Quote :LFSTSView ( Write by Gai-Luron ) for viewing who speak in Team Speak on LFS Screen

Only this actually...

During racing you cannot always recognize the voice of someone. It's very distracting when that occurs, you suddenly concentrate too much on the voice.
Hmm, understood. Actually, I think the TS support in Relax does not work anymore? I did some preliminary research and it seems there's a nice TS library that could be used. Unfortunately all my experiments failed so far in connecting to TS server. I posted a question into one of TS forums, we'll see if these initial troubles can be solved, somehow...
OK, here's a TS3 support development report. It seems the best way to get information from a TS3 server is to connect to its Query port and then use special commands and parse results. There is a nice managed library simplifying all this. I was able to connect to a TS3 server and see what channels are there and who is connected. But then problems appeared. As I see it there are no notifications available that would fire when someone starts/stops to talk. The idea was to use regular polling, say every 2 seconds, and see if there is someone talking. But not only this creates unnecessary and not quite negligible traffic, but more importantly there seems to be no indication of currently talking users either. I'm in contact with the library author, waiting for further ideas... Do you have any?
Quote from EQ Worry :Hmm, understood. Actually, I think the TS support in Relax does not work anymore?

Hmm I think it still works for TS2 servers but I don't know that for sure of course

If necassary I could set something up to test that.
Well, no need to, I guess. I doubt there'll be that many people interested in TS2 support...
I'd LOVE to see something like that for TS3. As you say, I've moved away from TS2 since TS3 has built in wheel button support for PTT. Being able to see who's talking on screen while driving like LFSRelax used to be able to do with TS2 would be very nice. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find a solution.
Well, I'd like to see such a feature as well. Unfortunately, to my rather big surprise, the query interface of TS3 servers does not (it seems) support any information concerning currently talking people. It responds to various queries and can notify connected clients about certain events (people joining, writing messages), but the talking side of TS3 is rather neglected in this area. So, concerning Aonio, I'm stuck. I filed a TS3 feature request, we may hope TS developers will take notice and consider it a worthy (hopefully simple as well) addition to the query interface.

But during testing I discovered the written messages work rather well. Connected query client can send messages to channels and individual people, it can respond to messages on server, in channels and also to private messages. It can keep info about all connected TS3 users, and, this is the interesting part, it can respond to their messages. Airio supports IRC now. It can connect to an IRC channel and allow all channel operators to connect to any LFS server as a host, talk, issue commands (like e.g. in Remote). I intend to add support for TS3 as well, in a very similar manner.
Hi, i got a suggestion for the Insim.

Can you add a info button that shows me the REAL position in the race?

Like.. If someone don't do a pitstop add "X" time to his race time and shows me the real position of that driver.

Thanks
I think for something like that you can go with a bogey time of around 29 seconds. 95% of the races I've done with mandatory pit stops no matter the car/track combo it's always been around 28-30 second bogey time for pit stops.
I'm afraid it is not as easy to adjust positions by required pitstops. Aonio relies with race positions on simple data provided by LFS and taking them only as a base and doing recalculations would be no doubt possible, but not simple. And I'm really not sure the output would be improved. As it is not, you have info about people who did a pitstop already, and how many of them. That should be enough info to assess relative race positions... But adjusting positions artificially, I'm really not sure it is a good idea...
Quote from EQ Worry :I'm afraid it is not as easy to adjust positions by required pitstops. Aonio relies with race positions on simple data provided by LFS and taking them only as a base and doing recalculations would be no doubt possible, but not simple. And I'm really not sure the output would be improved. As it is not, you have info about people who did a pitstop already, and how many of them. That should be enough info to assess relative race positions... But adjusting positions artificially, I'm really not sure it is a good idea...

this kind of info wolud be neither accurate, neither usefull as you never know what will happen in the race, the only information that counts are actuall positions in the race and info about number of pit stops done, everything else is just speculation
not worth the effort IMO
I woud rather see a "team radio", meaning some voice notifications about gaps, deltas, etc... much easier to code
Quote from EQ Worry :Well, I'd like to see such a feature as well. Unfortunately, to my rather big surprise, the query interface of TS3 servers does not (it seems) support any information concerning currently talking people. It responds to various queries and can notify connected clients about certain events (people joining, writing messages), but the talking side of TS3 is rather neglected in this area. So, concerning Aonio, I'm stuck. I filed a TS3 feature request, we may hope TS developers will take notice and consider it a worthy (hopefully simple as well) addition to the query interface.

changelog says;
- clientlist serverquery command prints client_flag_talking again when -voice is passed

In newest TS3 server beta28. (updated )

edit: Tested... Yup, talk flag gets set. Woohoo
Nice, BUT... I'm afraid it is practically impossible to use this info. Aonio would have to query the server and ask for a list of currently connected people basically every second, to be sure the talking event is captured and to provide reasonably up-to-date data. But I do not think this is possible. Can you imagine e.g. five Aonios connected as queries to one TS3 server, each asking for the client info every second? It is simply monstrous waste of the server resources.

Also such TS3 servers would have to be used without anti-spam protection, making them vulnerable to attacks. What would really be cool to have and what I'm waiting for is notification when someone starts and stops talking. Then I'd love to add display of currently talking guy(s) to Aonio. But making 3600 requests for the same data every hour sounds simply insane...
True.. Have to wait for a server sided plugin which polls every second (or faster) and shares the name and not the complete information string.

Personally I see possibilities. Maybe I have to write my own InSim plugin because I understand it's pretty rare to have LFS dedi and TeamSpeak dedi on the same machine and for you not interesting to make something just for this situation.
The interesting thing is that in other TS3 areas the notification is already available. ServerQuery clients can connect and ask to be notified about other people joining and leaving, both server and specific channel(s), and about messages being written, in the lobby or in specific channel(s). This notification scheme works very well. The only addition needed is notification about someone started/stopped talking. No polling necessary, just receiving simple status updates when they happen... If you're in TS3 forum, maybe you could also mention it somewhere. I believe I started a "requested feature" thread asking for this principle to be implemented. Support from more people could do miracles.
UFB and XFB are not correctly defined in default config.

It would generally be a good idea to define all cars which AIRW supports in the default configs.
Indeed! I will correct that when a new version with a few fixes is released...
Aonio 1.3.6 with some small fixes is available. Also the config files now contain complete car definitions as used in the AIRW database. TeamSpeak support is not implemented because of missing reasonably usable data. But when they are available via TS3 query interface, adding TS3 speaker panel would not be complicated.

PS: I forgot to mention one small config change. Optionally engine rotations may be displayed along current speed and gear.
First: What a great tool you've made!!!

Now one bug and one suggestion

I noticed that laps remaining (fuel panel) is not correctly calculated in v1.3.6 and it was ok in v1.3.5. It's only my aonio??

There are some cars without shift-up warning. It would be nice to add a configurable warning for each rpm/gear.

Last:

Thanks for this tool!!!! :clapclap:
raftor
Quote from EQ Worry :TeamSpeak support is not implemented because of missing reasonably usable data.

Quote from TeamSpeak 3 Server Query Manual :CLIENTLIST
Displays a list of clients online on a virtual server including their ID, nickname, status flags, etc. The output can be modified using several command options. Please note that the output will only contain clients which are currently in channels you're able to subscribe to.
Permissions:
  • b_virtualserver_client_list
  • i_channel_subscribe_power
  • i_channel_needed_subscribe_power
clientlist [-uid] [-away] [-voice] [-times] [-groups] [-info]

Source: TeamSpeak 3 Server Query Manual

Does that not work? I've not tired it myself.
It works but needs a request every 0.5 second or so and that generates a LOT of data/load. 2~4 Kb/sec easily for just one client.

AONIO - Client-side LFS Tracer
(350 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG